the state of sneakers :: things just aint the same..

...for sneakers.

I blame Nike & Jordan.

Reebok is on the rise and will never decline.

lot of independent footwear out there...

Jordans come out every week. never sells out anymore. cant wait until the XX3.

Nike screwed up the AF1 campaign.

i mean really.

what is the current state of sneakers?

last retro i copped- Military IV's just cuz they were 90 bucks, Before that.. Blk Red XIII

JB has killed itself the past 3 years.. With B.S releases and colorways. SHould of kept it simple..but I guess you cant hate too much on their hustle.. when you got kids buying them out anyway.

Nike should of just left it simple...too many packs.. to many retro's.. they go straight to an outlet or shoecity markdown,

Thats why I stay copping late 90's basketball shoes and AM's...stick to the basics.
love it

I def. agree with the death of the AF1 25th Campaign. They flooded the streets with those kicks. As far as Jordan go, I agree many colorways are garbage...few are kinda exotic and different...but what's no fu is that they don't give us the OG Black/Red/White colorway to accmpany the DTRT, or the Cool Gray...or the LS 1s Red, White, and Blue.

I can't coplain about the markdowns though bcuz it enables me to obtain kicks that I wouldn't otherwise.
TEAM I DON'T NEED ONENiketalk's One Man Graphics Shop.
www.omaaro.com

Business wise, trust me, NIKE and JB may be bickering a bit, but their profit margin is STILL so great, it's really whatever.

(especially on their mid-line stuff -- if anyone remembers me getting "clowned" for my post about the b'loyal post. See those numbers? Who got the last laugh, lol).

A flop to "us" is still gravy to "them."

It's like that. And that's the way it is. Word to RUN-DMC.

Their goal is to improve 10%, every year, by any means.

NIKE and JB ain't hurting.

And everyone with "other companies" main goal is to eventually BE with NIKE or JB.

So........................................................

"I'm tired of people thinking my team ain't the best in the world..."
"...Like we ain't got 'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' 'PoloDonOMD,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996' !!!!!"​

But, as proven, NIKE and JB tries to FORCE what's going to be hot.

That's their main problem.

The hood ALWAYS predicted and had the say so on what was hot and popular. And always will.

So many examples of their cockiness as of late........................................................

"...Like we ain't got 'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' 'PoloDonOMD,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996' !!!!!"​

Funny thing is...noone will EVER BE Nike or JB...it's physically NOT possible...

One thing is this...no matter how whack or ugly a shoe is...SOMEBODY will like it...and BUY it...and ROCK it...and SOMEHOW convince a few others...that "Hey, those are kinda aight." It just takes a few folks to throw some kicks on with the right jeans, the right tee or track jacket, and attend the RIGHT event...and BAM!!! That shoe looks a lot better tha it did on release day. I'm sure we have all experienced that at least once.
www.omaaro.com

word to greedy genius. hahahaha.

yea but retail DOES suck in general.

everyone got a clothing line.
everyone got a sneaker.
everyone got a skateboard deck.
everyone got a limited edition drop.
everyone got a collaboration with everyone.

lol

Quote:
One thing is this...no matter how whack or ugly a shoe is...SOMEBODY will like it...and BUY it...and ROCK it...and SOMEHOW convince a few others...that "Hey, those are kinda aight." It just takes a few folks to throw some kicks on with the right jeans, the right tee or track jacket, and attend the RIGHT event...and BAM!!! That shoe looks a lot better tha it did on release day. I'm sure we have all experienced that at least once.

^^^Starburys!!!

I ain't heard "bo'bos" in a minute...lol. JEEPAS' all day!

iCan has a point...

Everyones got a somethin'...

Kev, you got a point too...it's smart to lay back in cut and watch the success and unsuccess...

www.omaaro.com

Quote:
NIKE and JB ain't hurting.

Do ya'll even know that they are on their way to being $20+ Billion company??
laugh.gif

Our little comments don't really make or break their growth nor do they hinder their ability to succeed ...
wink.gif

But for the 'collector' (and I use that term very loosely ... because most of ya'll will sell your prized possesions for the right $$
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
) it may seem that they are hurting your collections integrity a bit ... But by Nike/JB dropping isht weekly but they are actually trying to keep the integrity of your OG/DS/Rare kicks intact by dropping all that LS product

... and like I always say if you don't like it don't cop it!!

But its whatever becasue ya'll gonna still complain ...

Plain and simple for me the shoe game is still cool and popin ... If you in it you in it ... now if you are looking for ways to stay cool from coppin' kicks and being the only one in the hood with some freshness on your feet then you are SHORT!

All it takes are a few phone calls, some website stalking, or a few $$$ to say you own special stuff ...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I just like to see the growth of brands like Greedy Genius, Madfoot, Visvim, and JB (some of the styles) they give new life to the culture (can any one recall Bolds!, Prince, PF Flyers??? they did the same thing in the 80's in DC) and they provide competition

But I will admit that the collabo's are over done ...
SHOP A x BRAND A
ARTIST Z X SHOP A X BRND E
is getting played out ... we have already shown that the brands and their supporters all transend color & lifestyle lines so we all need try to find something new to give our culture stronger legs ...

Afterall ... most of what is big today came from over 10 - 20 years of brand building and cultural growth so lets keep it going folks

THE SNEAKER GAME / LIFESTYLE IS NOT DEAD ...
"IF SOMETHING'S WORTH DOING IT'S WORTH DOING FOR MONEY" - Wall Street

^
The King has spoken.

Great points.

But Ian is just saying it's not the same, not that it's dead. And we all got to agree, even from 4 years ago... especially 7-10 years ago.

We don't live in a 3rd world country, so this sneaker thing will never be dead, because we all must wear kicks.

And DC/MD/VA heads stay fly--as proven--so........................

But I do agree with dudes now trying too hard.

You got on your waist 27 501s and "overseas only" cement air maxes.

So the @#%$ what.

Let's see who pulls the baddest chick when she walks pass us simultaneously. Not who breaks another dude's neck.

Bammas got the REAL

I hear you Kev and I know its not the same ... it will never be the same here or any other city that has had its growth ... but such is life ...

once all the hypbeasts find something else that they can hype up, the sneaker game will be back to normal.
this inflation will eventually die down in a few years and only the real collectors will be left.
imagine iss in a few years. lol.

Quote:
i thought about adrian for a hot sec (no broke back)

hahahahaha.

^^^Inflattion is forever big homey.

iCan...too funny...so did I...no BBM...There's a phrase that I use allll the time when my girl and I are out in public...when I see kats with those relaxed fit jeans that today they refer to as "denim"...I yell..."YOUNG JEANS"..."YOUNG ASZ JEANS"...

Kev...you hit the nail on the head...dudes today are crazy press'd to breaknecks...but of dudes...chicks know little about these streetwear brands...for real...the only DUDES that know about it are the same dudes that own that same shirt...or at least have access to it...

Kev said" Let's see who pulls the baddest chick when she walks pass us simultaneously."

That'd be me. Well, not really bcuz I've secured me one already...I think she's kinda nice, that's all that matters.
www.omaaro.com

I agree with most on the topic. The sneaker game or culture has changed within the last 5-10 years. I remember when dudes cop sneakers and gear to just be fly and that was just their style. You would dress to impress the ladies. There were no titles like collectors, streetwear culture, forums, denim experts, limited edition tees. The internet broader all our horizons from knowing whats hot in Europe and Japan and verse versa. The internet also created tunnel vision with blogs telling youngins whats hot and whats not. A wack and poorly design garment is trash regardless of who is co- signing it. Somewhere down the road sneaker companies decided to sell the word limited edition over the concept of an artist using a sneaker to tell a meaningful story. As far as Brand Jordan, their financial statements are driving there design team to lower their standards. Business is business but, sometimes you can not let growth hurt the overall integrity of your product. The more sneakers that come out the more items I will be cop from the sale rack. Why cop a $150 sneaker for retail when I can cop 2-3 months later for $50. Sorry for the long essay fellas.
A wise man can play a fool but I fool can never play a wise man.

Quote:
Let's see who pulls the baddest chick when she walks pass us simultaneously. Not who breaks another dude's neck

couldn't have said it any better mayne.........

"hustlin comes naturally, it cant be taught!"

Independents ( BAPE, 310 motoring, Echo, ect) are overpriced equivalents of the shoes sold in supermarkets back in the gap...

Quote:
Let's see who pulls the baddest chick when she walks pass us simultaneously. Not who breaks another dude's neck.
After Me.....There Is None
The Unofficial 5th Horseman

Its sad that dudes flex for dudes ... but maybe that's their preference
ohwell.gif

As for me and most of my friends its just because we grew up in the 80's/90's and we just love to stay fresh ...

It was a fresh thing before it was about a brand back in the day ... because a cat could do it up in a fresh Levi's jean jacket, jeans, champion hoodie(man do you remember!!
eek.gif
) and some forces that matched your hoodie and be the man ...

As I always say cop what you like and be happy with your purchase ...

And for the youngins reading ... try going out and coppin' something YOU like ... not the newest item burning up the blogs

Like it or not, Bapestas made Nike step up their game with the colorways on their Forces.
GET SOME FRESH AIR!

^
What you know about the Champion drop socks...

With the FRESH reebok classics, gray soles...

Could only wear them twice before you went to Synders/Sports Zone for a new pair.

Summers of '87 - '89. Best of my life.

Back
Top Bottom