THE THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING.

new NB#

the top pair is soooooooo nice.

10507935_666122166803886_1082549423_n.jpg
Those white NB's
nthat.gif
 are those from their skate line though? They look like CT300

Link to purchase would be dope too

Even though he was way before my time, I was shocked to hear that OG Z-Boy Shogo Kubo passed away the other day.
Been seeing quite a few clips of his son Shota ripping all over the place in the past few years.

On the subject of amazing skateboarders gone too soon, there's a new re-edit of 2000's "The Chocolate Tour" featuring a bunch of Keenan Milton footage as well as some extra footage that wasn't on the original.

Last edited:

Those white NB's
nthat.gif
 are those from their skate line though? They look like CT300

Link to purchase would be dope too
they are from their skate line but I could not find a link, I think they are sample pairs since they went to a new distribution.

welp.

10507893_575622212554822_165835348_n.jpg

And why is the Huf 2 $100? There's no mention of any technology to increase boardfeel and reduce heel bruises or make the upper last longer. I'll wait until they go on sale. I'm so glad I didn't pay full price for those Gravis Dylans because, while the slip-on vulcs are comfortable enough if I don't walk around in them too much, those dress shoe-looking ones are feet killers! Maybe it's different if you're a slender young guy who chain smokes like Dylan is?

Apparently, Brangelina built a skatepark in the backyard of one of their homes. How soon before skaters start hating on whichever of their kids end up skating it like how they hate on Bieber or Jaden Smith or Lil' Wayne for skating? Part of me would hope that Brad would be getting down in the park as well though ever since I saw this bit he filmed for Crailtap.

Even though I live in a city with a lot of trains, the stations close pretty early (around 1am) and are usually full of drunk ppl trying to get back home before that so I know this kind of footage would be impossible to pull off.

And then there's this bit of madness on transition. Regardless of the hate Nike might get by "core" skaters, they put together a really good team.

Last edited:
What shoes is everyone wearing? These SB Dunks ain't cutting it for me. After a couple of weeks skating like less than an hour a day, they started ripping above my middle toe. Shoe Goo is sorta helping...

For skate shoes, if you're skating a lot, one month is pretty good. When I was skating A LOT (5-7 days a week), decks would usually go bad around a month as well. I knew a few guys who'd kill shoes/decks in a week. Thankfully, they were usually good enough to be sponsored and had side hustles as well. With the way things are now, I'm all for cheap shoes that skate good instead of shoes that might last for a long time but not skate as well. I got some Vans DD Spawns and Lakais in the rotation. I might throw my wheat Janoskis in there since they started ripping anyway just from walking in them. But then again, I don't skate that much so...

Durability is nice IF those shoes are good for skating. As someone who blindly bought multiple pairs of Saviers and Nike SB E-cues and URLs back in the day, I will tell you that if a shoe skates kind of bad, it doesn't matter how long it lasts. Hopefully, I get more skate time in as soon as the rainy season ends here.

Orchard's video is amazing!

Seeing OGs like Jahmal Williams, Fred Gall, Jerry Fowler, etc. killing it in addition to all the guys I never heard of before reminded me that life is too short to care what some guy who did some cool tricks 5-15 years ago thinks when he hasn't produced anything amazing in the last year.

word, I'll take a shoe that skates great but doesn't last long over a pair that lasts long but isn't great for skating.

right now I'm pushing a pair of LXVI Vans and Team Edition SB's, both of which will be on my all time favorites list.

I think Plan B will go under soon.

I never see their boards on walls or clothes, shame bc they're pretty legit.

Plan B does seem like one of the obvious choices though since Cole's been less and less fitting the image of Zero since he went to DC, got on Monster, started training for contests, etc. I could be wrong though, since I'm not really a fan of him, as good as he is. Based on what little I've seen of him recently Plan B seems like it would top the list. Maybe Primitive or Element would be up there too? I guess he could start his own company as well, but I'd hope not.

Anyone think it's weird that Zero is moving to Dwindle (Almost, Blind, Cliche, Darkstar, etc)?

Some rumors that Habitat is moving to Tum Yeto (Toy Machine/Foundation) as well.

Plan B does seem like one of the obvious choices though since Cole's been less and less fitting the image of Zero since he went to DC, got on Monster, started training for contests, etc. I could be wrong though, since I'm not really a fan of him, as good as he is. Based on what little I've seen of him recently Plan B seems like it would top the list. Maybe Primitive or Element would be up there too? I guess he could start his own company as well, but I'd hope not.

Anyone think it's weird that Zero is moving to Dwindle (Almost, Blind, Cliche, Darkstar, etc)?

Some rumors that Habitat is moving to Tum Yeto (Toy Machine/Foundation) as well.
I could see Cole on Element, I did see somewhere that he would like to one day have his own company.

Zero wood was always crappy, reminded me of Plan B boards, they felt waterlogged. I love Habitat's concave, if it goes to Tum Yeto, hello flat boards 
frown.gif

More info on these?!
haven't found anything,

Darkstar's new pro

this part is sick!!!

Dylan's Firing Line

that double flip was dope, definitely wasn't expecting that.

Didn't he have a clothing company that failed already? I'm down for skater-owned companies if they're done right but it seems like every washed-up pro has their own brand now just so they can keep the dream alive.

Fourstar Australia Tour!

I usually dislike little kid skating but this kid is pretty good.

Camep's got some amazing rail skills. Too bad he's on Darkstar though.

Didn't he have a clothing company that failed already? I'm down for skater-owned companies if they're done right but it seems like every washed-up pro has their own brand now just so they can keep the dream alive.

Chris Cole? he had Omit, which is gone now yea.

Darkstar boards are good, they just messed up by running their **** to Wally's world or whatever. 
DC has not let me down thus far. The lunar one shots are really durable
DC failed me somewhere in the early/mid 00's after a good run, haven't tried them since. the One Shots are at Marshall's for $50. tried them on and wondered why I never copped, might buy the black/volt colorway if I see them around $60.

some Arto

Last edited:
Since Darkstar is dwindle, it"s pretty much the same as Almost, Cliche, Blind, enjoi, etc. but still...I'm not into Dyet, Decenzo, Lutzka, etc. Cameo"s cool though. All those skulls and helmets! Their art department is terrible! Darkstar's Dual Durometer wheels were awesome back in the early 2000's though! Super hard and slippery for all those kids who waxed everything.

I had some bad experiences with dwindle boards years ago and haven't gone back since. Anyone ridden one recently? I shouldn't be so critical when I'm riding a Chocolate now. I really liked back when Girl/Chocolate was under PS Stix though. Guess at this point, I'm less about the brand and more concerned on which wood shop it came out of (and how cool the graphics are).

Static IV premiere in Tokyo was tonight but I didn't go. Sorry. Thought it was funny that the entrance fee was half-price for ppl who brought their skateboard though. It was raining off and on so I wonder how many ppl actually took advantage of that.

Habitat x Tum Yeto confirmed! Where's Fred Gall in the video though?

Regardless of how the boards turn out, this opens up the possibility for Habitat x Toy Machine tours, no?

In "embarrassing stuff I can't believe exists", Spencer Fujimoto & Stevie Williams's "skate jewelry brand"...So much nope, very did not need
http://www.elsenornewyork.com/

"just enough clips in the Supreme video to keep you wanting more"? Not really.

View media item 1070181
New HUF Dylans are out! Now to wait 6-12 months for them to get marked down. $120?!?!?!

At least with Nike SB, they have all these cool technological stuff to justify the prices?

Cool Thai video.

skating is so ******* fun but I suck at it and I keep tearing my ankle. Has skateboarding become more popular lately or is it dying? In my town, skateboarding is close to dead, longboarding/pennys took over

What shoes is everyone wearing? These SB Dunks ain't cutting it for me. After a couple of weeks skating like less than an hour a day, they started ripping above my middle toe. Shoe Goo is sorta helping...

i'm skating janoskis

i have a pair of busenitz, but i just prefer the janoskis.

Jake's Static IV part will have you feeling some sort of way:

http://thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/jake-johnsons-static-iv-part/

some parts of Montreal in there :smokin :smokin

Met Steve Caballero at an art gallery in Harajuku today! He was nice but, I felt like I was distracting him from the hot-rod inspired painting that he was doing.

Anyway, Boo Johnson and Marquise Henry are now pro for DGK!

Yonnie Cruz!

Totally wasn't feelin' the song, but the ender is just plain death!

Back
Top Bottom