The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Hamilton American Classic Intra-Matic Panda Blue
pandablu5.jpg

pandablu2.jpg

pandablu1.jpg

pandablu6.jpg

After spending nearly 2 years trying to decide on a precious metal timepiece, I finally picked up a 15300OR yesterday.

Mid-search, I had written off buying another Royal Oak (I have a 15400ST) and started focusing on Rolex, deciding on the 116618LN (gold sub w/ black dial). Other watches I gave serious consideration were the WG DD40 w/ anniversary dial (green) and YG DD40 w/ silver dial.

Ultimately, as much as I want a 116618LN (which will be my next purchase), the rose gold Royal Oak has a special place in my heart for sentimental reasons and it only made sense to purchase one.

I remember being penniless around 4 years ago and watching this video below. I remember thinking it was one of the most beautiful watches I had ever seen and how I would never have the opportunity to own one. So for me, this purchase (though not the same watch in the video) means a lot more than simply buying another watch to add to the collection.

Will be ordering a rubber strap immediately as I think these watches look brilliant on rubber.

q2uYCb9.jpg

(not my pic; will post pics when it arrives)

I’d be hella nervous to wear an AP, unless I’m making 7 figures or close lol. Kudos to you all though. Beautiful watch.

After spending nearly 2 years trying to decide on a precious metal timepiece, I finally picked up a 15300OR yesterday.

Mid-search, I had written off buying another Royal Oak (I have a 15400ST) and started focusing on Rolex, deciding on the 116618LN (gold sub w/ black dial). Other watches I gave serious consideration were the WG DD40 w/ anniversary dial (green) and YG DD40 w/ silver dial.

Ultimately, as much as I want a 116618LN (which will be my next purchase), the rose gold Royal Oak has a special place in my heart for sentimental reasons and it only made sense to purchase one.

I remember being penniless around 4 years ago and watching this video below. I remember thinking it was one of the most beautiful watches I had ever seen and how I would never have the opportunity to own one. So for me, this purchase (though not the same watch in the video) means a lot more than simply buying another watch to add to the collection.

Will be ordering a rubber strap immediately as I think these watches look brilliant on rubber.

q2uYCb9.jpg

(not my pic; will post pics when it arrives)

big congrats and damn that is a beauty

black + rose gold combo is just magnificent that still eludes me (i just don't know which to get first, port chrono, yachtmnaster, big bang (not gon' lie, it looks good way back when :lol: ))

can't wait to see some pics

Threw down on an Omega Speedmaster Prof 3570.5 w/ Box x papers from 2014. Should be here later this week as I’m out of town the next couple days. That’s the quickest and happilyest I’ve ever spent $3k+. I didn’t think I had it in me, again, but daddy needed some wrist therapy. It’s been bare for too long.

Also, I binged watched a bunch of Speedy reviews on YouTube and I must say, they are all TRASH. They either say too little or too much nonsense. I want to see wrist shots in different lighting, different clothing, I want to hear exact dimensions, warranty information, etc.. a lot of these guys just aren’t informed.

lots of clickbaits out there trying to capitalize on the $$$ you can earn with clicks

like shoe reviews, its there are a few dozen trying to review shoes now while back in the day kicksology reviews were your only option then a handful of youtubers that actually do their due diligence and knows their history, now you got these youtubers going to outlets with comments like "those are base on the air max, right?" and then viewers gas 'em up so they get encouraged to do the same crappy, uninformative vids...

and yeah im mad :angry:

GTR owners?

wear rare airs wear rare airs ?

gsgtr.jpg

20 Years of Spring Drive and 50 Years of the NISSAN GT-R are Celebrated in a Limited Edition of 200 Pieces - Grand Seiko GMT Chronograph Ref. SBGC229
gsgtr1.jpg

gsgtr3.jpg

gsgtr7.jpg

gsgtr5.jpg

GTR owners?

wear rare airs wear rare airs ?

gsgtr.jpg

20 Years of Spring Drive and 50 Years of the NISSAN GT-R are Celebrated in a Limited Edition of 200 Pieces - Grand Seiko GMT Chronograph Ref. SBGC229
gsgtr1.jpg

gsgtr3.jpg

gsgtr7.jpg

gsgtr5.jpg

Nope, still haven’t upgraded my 5 year old 911. And probably won’t for sometime as I still only have 24k miles. Maybe you’re thinking of someone else?

I’ve been intrigued with Grand Seiko ever since they fully separated and made themselves a stand-alone brand. That watch will probably be 10-15k. I’m not sure if I’d ever invest that. That being said, I would like to own more timepieces on leather.

yah it might be someone else :lol:

my bad

and i think its gon' run around $25k actually

Back
Top Bottom