The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Thanks guys. The sub was from 2013 and my daily so a lot of surface scratches but nothing a good polish wouldn't take out. I got $7k trade in value for it.

I agree David seems to give the most fair trade-in values and often will sell new pieces and take them back on trade. Best part was the watch was lightly used but had an open card from a US AD, so I still have four years' warranty and my name's on the card now.

Congrats! I actually came across your post on Rolexforums earlier today.. small world. The WG Sub is a real stunner :wow:

Turns out there's a list for the Bronze which is fine because I can get mine in 6-8 weeks. The problem is I have to commit to the watch without trying it on first, and at 43mm I'm fairly worried about the size. So unless I get lucky and catch one at an AD when I'm in Vegas or LA this next month,

I made the mistake of trying on a few APs at the AD the other day.. everything from the ROO Diver, ROO Chronograph, 15400OR, and the 15202OR (full rose gold). I say this was a mistake because now I'm 100% deadset on getting an AP in rose gold, most likely the 15300OR (39mm). Not my pic:

View media item 2141741
I also tried on the PAM00514 (42mm Radiomir 1940 Oro Rosso)... also an absolutely breathtaking piece in the flesh, and would be on my wrist right now had I not tried on the APs prior. Not my pic:

View media item 2141743
Time to try and find $20k hidden between the cushions in my sofa :smh:

Congrats! I actually came across your post on Rolexforums earlier today.. small world. The WG Sub is a real stunner :wow:

Turns out there's a list for the Bronze which is fine because I can get mine in 6-8 weeks. The problem is I have to commit to the watch without trying it on first, and at 43mm I'm fairly worried about the size. So unless I get lucky and catch one at an AD when I'm in Vegas or LA this next month,

I made the mistake of trying on a few APs at the AD the other day.. everything from the ROO Diver, ROO Chronograph, 15400OR, and the 15202OR (full rose gold). I say this was a mistake because now I'm 100% deadset on getting an AP in rose gold, most likely the 15300OR (39mm). Not my pic:

I also tried on the PAM00514 (42mm Radiomir 1940 Oro Rosso)... also an absolutely breathtaking piece in the flesh, and would be on my wrist right now had I not tried on the APs prior. Not my pic:

Time to try and find $20k hidden between the cushions in my sofa :smh:

Now is the time to buy AP. I have seen them skyrocket in price in the last two months alone in the pre owned market and I am regretting every time I wanted to buy one and then decided to wait it out. Those prices are long gone. My friend just got one from Westime last week , they threw in a free desk clock worth like 4-5k. 20off and tax free by shipping it to his grandma in Denver who rerouted it back to him.

View media item 2142050

Last edited:
I'm in Canada which doesn't make things easy (or cheap) :frown: Headed to NYC in a couple for Fashion Week and US Open so I guess the question is do deals on this watch exist in NYC? I refuse to fly home empty handed.

I'm in Canada which doesn't make things easy (or cheap)
frown.gif
Headed to NYC in a couple for Fashion Week and US Open so I guess the question is do deals on this watch exist in NYC? I refuse to fly home empty handed.
Stop by jomashop  
laugh.gif

I'm in Canada which doesn't make things easy (or cheap) :frown: Headed to NYC in a couple for Fashion Week and US Open so I guess the question is do deals on this watch exist in NYC? I refuse to fly home empty handed.
Maybe Swatch will be running some sales ?

They actually have the best price I've seen anywhere for the bronze Black Bay ($3,040).
For the most part they have the best price out of anywhere for brand new items besides the forums or you have a hook up.

I really want a Planet Ocean but can't pull the trigger.

For some reason I thought you lived in LA this whole time lol.

Just purchased a Nomos and the guy says he's hooking me up by not stamping and dating the warranty card, how is this a hookup and how do I benefit from it?

Just purchased a Nomos and the guy says he's hooking me up by not stamping and dating the warranty card, how is this a hookup and how do I benefit from it?
Well I would say that only helps if you plan on reselling the watch so someone else can have their name on it.

It also benefits you in case there is some warranty work that needs to be done much, much later on when the warranty would have expired had it been filled in and stamped the day you purchased them.

I am not sure how strict Nomos is but with Rolex, you need to get it stamped by a store for it to be valid.

My dad gave me an old Tissot 1853 J376 but it needs a new strap. I'm sort of misinformed when it comes to watches. How would I go about determining which strap would fit? Google hasn't really helped.

My dad gave me an old Tissot 1853 J376 but it needs a new strap. I'm sort of misinformed when it comes to watches. How would I go about determining which strap would fit? Google hasn't really helped.

View media item 2147877

Tissot? It's more than likely 19mm width, difficult size to find with good options. You can size up to 20mm. Take it to a shop like the ones in the mall or do yourself by buying the watch band tool off amazon.

Congrats! Very sharp looking watch.

But be careful, it's a slippery slope. My first nice watch was a Tag Heuer 2000 back in college. Now look where it's gotten me. 
wink.gif

Patek Philippe Celebrates the 40th Anniversary of the Nautilus
Limited to just 2,000 pieces in all

patek-philippe-celebrates-the-40th-anniversary-of-the-nautilus-1.jpg

patek-philippe-celebrates-the-40th-anniversary-of-the-nautilus-2.jpg

2016 marks the 40-year anniversary of 1976′s infamous Nautilus, a milestone Patek Philippe is celebrating with two limited-edition takes on the iconic timepiece. In both cases, the watches employ specially branded blue PVD-coated 18K yellow gold sunburst dials and diamond hour markers while the 5711/1P comes with a 40mm platinum case and in-house 24 S C movement with a 45-hour power reserve. The 5976/1G, on the other hand, sports a 44mm white gold case and features a caliber CH 28-520 C movement with a 55-hour power reserve.

And both timepieces will cost you a pretty penny. Limited to just 700 pieces, the 5711/1P will retail for $113,400 USD while the 5976/1G’s 1,300 pieces will go for $96,390 USD each.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom