The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I don't know a single person who's interested in the SeaDweller. In my opinion Rolex ruined that watch by adding the cyclops.

yah, it was the one feature that was on the original that also separated it from the others

i'd honestly just get the Sub for half the price

Last edited:
I'm just disappointed that I can't try on a piece that I might like... Might be some sizing issues after waiting months/years for it. >:

Definitely had pieces taken off the list once I wore them (and added, too :lol: ). Tried on the GMT II ceramic... It was ok, I guess. Chunky. *shrug*

Last edited:
If the GMT is too chunky for you, the Dweller is going to feel like a brick.

And I really hope Rolex isn't limiting production on these to get people talking about the range in hopes that this will create buzz/hype and they will move upmarket to the precious metal variants.

Last edited:
If the GMT is too chunky for you, the Dweller is going to feel like a brick.

And I really hope Rolex isn't limiting production on these to get people talking about the range in hopes that this will create buzz/hype and they will move upmarket to the precious metal variants.

Well, it feels chunky, but looks fine on the wrist. So it isn't too bad. I'm just used to the older, slimmer generation of Rolex tool watches. That's why I am seriously considering going for a used Coke GMT Master instead. But I'm not at all in a hurry to get one.

Agreed. I wonder if people actually went for the WG Pepsi GMT, for instance. Asking too much for that :x

I think people would rather sit and wait than spend twice and get one they like less.

Rolex makes 1m watches a year and most of the production goes to the DJ and their sport watches, I exclude the SkyDweller as a sportwatch because it used to be made of only precious metal and they did advertise it as a gentlemens travelling watch. They also make a lot of womens watches that tends to be cheaper and more affordable.

As for the low production of the Dweller, that could just be for the first year as they assumed people would go for the new SeaDweller, I am curious what the production number for that model is.

After they see the long list, they might increase the production number but we also have to consider that it's movement is one of the more complicated one in their line-up and since everything is in-house with them, it might take longer to make.

The black SkyDwellers production numbers probably much, much higher than the blue ones though with the white dial second.

Maybe it's just the blue dial specifically that will be limited. There were only a handful of people that left their info at the AD I went to.

Entirely heresay. I doubt any specific dial colour will be more limited than the others. RFX does make a good point about the movement though.

Last edited:
I always appreciated the SD's functionality but never really liked how it looked. Now that the 24hr ring is no longer in contrast its changed my entire perspective. It looks a lot cleaner imo. Not that I'm in the market for 1 anytime soon lol

looking to buy my first real watch considering picking up the 41mm datejust with the white gold bezel. what you guys think 

rfx45 rfx45 Loving my AirKing still wear evryday that shot above is dope and I still cant believe how quick the lume activates in dark settings. I went from outside to a hall way look down and :wow: it was lit lol love this watch man next one will have to be solid gold or two tone tho

yah lume on Rolex's charges quick, I'd step out and come back glowing like I have a radioactive wrist :lol:

was also playing with the timelapse on my phone

yah lume on Rolex's charges quick, I'd step out and come back glowing like I have a radioactive wrist :lol:

was also playing with the timelapse on my phone

Does your sub have a worse rehaut engraving than the BLNR? My hulk and DJ2 engraving is almost brown while my BLNR is super clean.

I haven't really noticed, I'll check next time I have a chance, probably gon' have to use a loupe as I'm trying to look at the sub right now and I feel like I am just getting crosseyed :lol:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a watch winder?

Want to get one that holds two watches at once but read so many variable reviews online that I don't know where to start!

my Wolf Designs haven't failed me yet *knocks on wood*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom