The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

1613706349753.jpeg

via trf: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=789272

Was always into watches, but never took the leap into a serious timepiece. For my birthday my wife was tired of the Steinhart I’ve been wearing the past several years, and wanted to get me something nice. I had the Black Bay 58 (and GMT) saved since their release at Baselworld 2018, and just brought it home. It’s even better in the metal.

02BF43EA-B0CA-4870-B7FC-E2F98990D26E.jpeg
71A95977-4822-42F2-89BB-6E5CFD187869.jpeg

Edit: picked up a gilt brown B&S strap
E6CE4CBD-4C39-45CE-8A06-3500A052C067.jpeg

Last edited:
crazy

1614107415135.png

HODINKEE’s latest co-branded watch collaboration saw nearly a million dollars flood in as the watch website sold their half of the entire bath allocation in a matter of minutes.

Half of the 250-piece run of TAG Heuer Carrera Dato Limited Edition For HODINKEE was offered through the HODINKEE Shop this morning with commentators reporting that all of the $7,250 USD watches sold out in anywhere between two and 10 minutes, which would represent a total of $906,250 USD in sales and potentially one watch sold every second.

The remainder of the watches were offered through TAG Heuer’s network of dealers in the US and Japan.

1614204987676.png

From Geneva to Shanghai, Watches and Wonders 2021 brings together the leading names in watchmaking worldwide for a physical-digital experience

Watches and Wonders Geneva 2021 moves forward and innovates with a major industry gathering taking place in two phases in April 2021.

A month during which watchmaking worldwide will be held in the spotlight online and offline. Some forty leading brands will be present, April 7-13, on their newly enhanced digital platform. On the agenda: networking, discussions and enhanced interactivity as brands reveal their 2021 new releases. This digital gathering will be followed a few days later, by the Watches and Wonders Shanghai physical Salon, where some 15 exhibiting brands will present their latest timepieces. In other words, a single event that unites the watch industry's leading names in digital and physical format. A first.

While uncertainty surrounding the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic has prompted the Watches and Wonders Geneva Exhibitor Committee to rethink the format of the Salon, scheduled April 7-13, 2021, the need remains for a large-scale event that brings watchmaking's professionals and principal stakeholders together in a single location, both to ensure business continuity and to connect brands, retailers and international media.

In the face of an uncertain health situation, Watches and Wonders shows its agility and is initiating a powerful momentum that will take place both online and offline. This gets under way April 7-13 when Watches and Wonders Geneva hosts 38 brands on the new digital platform. Next, in China, where a few days later, some 15 brands are exhibiting at the second edition of Watches and Wonders Shanghai inside the West Bund Art Center.

All the brands that confirmed their presence at the physical Salon, including Cartier, Chanel, Chopard, IWC Schaffhausen, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Hermès, Patek Philippe, Rolex, Tudor and Ulysse Nardin, will be joined by new arrivals, among which are Bvlgari, Carl F. Bucherer, Hublot, Louis Vuitton, TAG Heuer and Zenith.

A good fit for your wrist. I'm assuming you have a 7.5 - 8" wrist size judging how that 42 is looking. I almost pulled the trigger on a sky-dweller a couple years ago.

wow, nice pick-up

waiting list or walk in?

i know steels impossible to get and two-tone (specifically the gtm2 everose) are growing and popularity but i am curious how the skydwellers tt doing?

A good fit for your wrist. I'm assuming you have a 7.5 - 8" wrist size judging how that 42 is looking. I almost pulled the trigger on a sky-dweller a couple years ago.
Thanks man, yeah it fits great for sure. I've been wearing a Deep Sea SD pretty regularly for a few years, which is 44mm, so this is a bit slimmer and really comfortable.

wow, nice pick-up

waiting list or walk in?

i know steels impossible to get and two-tone (specifically the gtm2 everose) are growing and popularity but i am curious how the skydwellers tt doing?
Thank you sir.

I'm on a call/text list for basically whatever comes in....Got a call from a local AD that one arrived, and I scooped it up. Been trying to hold out for a new(2021) tt sub, but I'm super happy with the purchase. I'll still probably take the sub if/when I get the call but this is a great one to add to the collection.

Based on resale market, seems like they're doing ok maybe? but as you mentioned man, everything is getting hard to get and back ordered like crazy..

watch world is just going insane right now

daytonas hitting $33k and the turq op41 was around $8k-$9k a moth or two ago and now going upward of $15k

i want to say the bubbles gon' burst anytime soon but i just dont know which is sad because i think more and more people are now buying what they can and then just throwing them in the safe instead of being worn

watch world is just going insane right now

daytonas hitting $33k and the turq op41 was around $8k-$9k a moth or two ago and now going upward of $15k

i want to say the bubbles gon' burst anytime soon but i just dont know which is sad because i think more and more people are now buying what they can and then just throwing them in the safe instead of being worn

Everyone’s been saying there bubbles gonna burst for years now. Especially with Covid and what do we know, stronger then every. Same goes for the market and everything collectible it seems.

yah i cant believe trading cards are back, people are back to hoarding rookie cards again

15k for an op is something else:lol:

all this **** can’t stay booming like this forever, it’s inevitable that will change.

this guys the worst

asks if it still comes in hesalite? like, really?

dude calling it a collectible when theyre going to make a million of them and sit in stores

saying 321 releasing when thats been out

then says its whats great with omega, when they said its coming out then its gon’ be available when its been out

just a petpeeve when so called “experts” doesnt even know what a casual watch fan knows and its sad this dude has followers that takes his word as gospel

Total newb but what’s hesalite? I think I asked the difference between the new and old one and say that mentioned

Back
Top Bottom