The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Looks like Rolex could be selling oyster bracelets independent from watches for those who bought either of the steel GMTs. It can't be too long before the oysterflex will be made available.
Love the Batman on the oyster bracelet. Been dying to get one for retail. But getting one is nearly impossible now. The resale is too much for me.

1618326089839.png

1618326097467.png

you think you still got room for profit at that price? or you hoping it goes higher in a year or two?

i think someone already got one sold on ebay for like $100k, its akin to the sneaker hype release where its through the roof the first week or two and those who wants to be the first have em are willing to pay up

omega needs to stop f’n around, make your damn watches smaller, who gives a sh** about metas when you cant wear em?

the white dial with blue bezel for the olympics of course looks good

1618356453426.jpeg

you think you still got room for profit at that price? or you hoping it goes higher in a year or two?

i think someone already got one sold on ebay for like $100k, its akin to the sneaker hype release where its through the roof the first week or two and those who wants to be the first have em are willing to pay up

95k is the lowest I’ve heard of so far, I do think that it’s a long term keeper and I’d be willing to bet on it.

that being said, I’ve gotten so many good deals on a lot of my pieces, if I were to get out of some of the watches I have now at a profit, it’s almost like I’m paying retail right? Lol.

Any of you guys have buyers regret after making a purchase ?

Today I got a mint condition mid 2000 Steel sub pretty cheap , but I don't know how often I am going use it

omega needs to stop f’n around, make your damn watches smaller, who gives a sh** about metas when you cant wear em?

1618356453426.jpeg

Wish they’d delete that peanut butter cup valve too. :lol:

Any of you guys have buyers regret after making a purchase ?

Today I got a mint condition mid 2000 Steel sub pretty cheap , but I don't know how often I am going use it
Yeah I felt the same when I bought the latest seamaster in black I sold it but every so often I do regret it.

Are you underwhelmed by the watch? What makes you think your not going to use it?

You can make your money back relatively easy on it but if your in a position to keep it for a while you'll probably get more for it in time.

when i feel like that, that im not going to wear the watch because it feels outnof place, i force myself to wear it and then you get used to it and start to notice no one really gives a damn what im wearing and i start enjoy wearing it

i get it though, in these times when weve been staying at home, you have nowhere to wear it to but keep it and see if it will get more wear once you can go out again and as said before, worse case scenario is you sell and make a few bucks extra

Thanks guys , I will do some soul searching the next few days . The online store has 30 day returns , I just have to pay shipping and insurance back .

Saw you eyeing the Tudor chrono which I believe is the same size as the Seamaster. Does the Omega really wear that big? Curious, because I really like the white dial Seamaster for my next purchase, but the Tudor Panda has me 2nd guessing. Need to try both of them on tho to really see.

Saw you eyeing the Tudor chrono which I believe is the same size as the Seamaster. Does the Omega really wear that big? Curious, because I really like the white dial Seamaster for my next purchase, but the Tudor Panda has me 2nd guessing. Need to try both of them on tho to really see.

smp has a 42mm case while the bbc has 41mm but both lug to lug is about 50mm

the tudor is actually 1mm thicker at ~14.5mm while the omega is 13.5mm

so technically both will wear similar with omega actually being slimmer and thats whh when i got the text for the black bay, i didnt commit and it sold within 30min

i dont know how heavy the tudor is but the seamaster is one heavy watch on a bracelet

definitely try it on first as that will tell you which watch is for you but in the end it gon’ be the smaller minutiae like how the lug curves down and if its going to overhang or how the lugs are shaped, looks like the omega flares out a bit more with a bit of a curve and a slow descent while the tudor drops down like a cliff after a few mm

good example is the sub, they increased the case to 41mm and upped the lug width to 21mm but they slimmed down the lugs so it actually kind of look smaller than the previous gen

the tudor looks like the lugs make it slimmer and the bracelet tapers so that might help it look smaller on wrist and while the chrono pushers may make the watch look bigger on the black bay, the seamaster has crown guards and the dumb valve

the panda dial contrast on the tudor kind of make it visually smaller too as its not just one giant white dial, the contrast of black bezel -> white dial -> black subdials doesnt make it as big as its size indicates

sorry, didnt mean to write a whole book about the two :lol: ive just been obsessed with the white smp since its release and then the black bay chronos been everywhere the past week so even if i hated it, i couldnt escape it

Back
Top Bottom