The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Davidsw charges the most and lowballs if you want to sell a watch. I’d never buy one from him. Though he is legit and I guess you pay for that but that are better options iMO.

I thought his prices were pretty reasonable. Well, before the bubble, they were well below msrp. Now is anything below msrp?

A man dining with his date at the swanky celebrity hangout Philippe on Manhattan’s East Side was shot in the leg during a brazen robbery in the outdoor seating area Wednesday, police sources said.

The 28-year-old victim was on a first date at the high-end E. 60th St. Chinese restaurant when a pair of armed men stepped up to his table and the table of another couple next to him just after 10 p.m., sources said.

“It was like a movie,” said a maintenance worker at a nearby building, who watched as the two robbers hopped out of a red Mercedes SUV that pulled up to the corner of E. 60th St. and Madison Ave. “Two of them got out walking.”

The robbers, who both wore masks, produced guns and each picked a table. A man sitting at the other table forked over a Rolex Stainless Steel Submariner, but the shooting victim decided to go for his robber’s gun, sources said.

“(The robber) said, ‘Hey, it’s a stickup.’ They wanted our jewelry,” the victim’s terrified date told the Daily News. She didn’t give her name. “My date started to fight him for the gun. He shot him. It was the left leg. It was our first date. I’m still in shock.”

The victim then staggered onto the sidewalk, leaving a trail of blood, sources said.

I never really had an issue with the faux rivets but with any quick adjustments or half links really makes it difficult to get a great fit so when I saw Uncle Seiko come out with a presidential bracelet, I figure it was worth a try.

The solid end links are great, fits practically perfectly. With the smaller links, the bracelet feels more comfortable and fluid plus the micro-adjustments on the clasp will make it easier to find a better fit.

1631815448992.png

1631815460376.png

1631815470081.png

Does the color match with the bracelet and watch itself? What bracelet is that? Looks good

my bb heritage is loose at the lugs, need to get it looked at

ya that bracelet looks really good. I've never been a fan of the original tudor or omega bracelets but that looks great.

Does the color match with the bracelet and watch itself? What bracelet is that? Looks good

my bb heritage is loose at the lugs, need to get it looked at

its not a perfect match as you would have to make the steel from the exact specifications that tudor does and they probably dont have that particular recipe but with that said, its pretty close, i wore it the whole day yesterday and cant even tell

in certain angles and depending on the lighting, it looks slightly darker but you really got to look for it

for $129 though with a solid end-link that fits flush, i feel like its a great value while some rubber straps can cost 3x that

the biggest difference is that the og bracelet does feel more robust just because of how it is made in comparison to the presidential style that is thinner but also has more movement because of all the links but I am happy with it

by the way, they also release half links for the og bracelet so if you arent getting that perfect fit and want to keep it og, that san option too

bracelet is from uncle seiko, they started out making bracelets for seiko mods then moved on to speedmasters and then recently made some for tudor, they also just released a jubillee bracelet too with an option for the the middle links to be polished or just have it all brushed

1631816588377.png

1631816601556.png

I just watch the movie again last week and I was trying to get a good look at what watch he was wearing. That’s interesting.

Man I’m having such a difficult deciding between two watches

I really like them both

sbgj249 vs IW388103

B24E441A-EACB-4375-8694-1562CE815B6C.jpeg

70EFF662-59B4-4E0D-B9F3-26CD208EB851.jpeg

You can let practical details convince you, like servicing costs, , uses (gmt vs cal)

Neither are an instant sell in the pre-owned market so buyers remorse will be harder to reverse.

essentially meaning, go with what your heart tells you. Wait a month and see if you still want it. Have you tried them on? That’s where I’d start

I tried on the IWC but I havnt put on the GS yet.
I want to make sure I don’t end up with a brick like you said in the resell market (if the need ever requires.)
This is something for me to just have while waiting to get my call on stuff I’m waitlisted on.

couple of my friends are just telling me to get the new Speedy If I worry about about losing value on the market

value-wise, i think the GS is a safer bet, they're on a upward swing and between the two, say 10 years from now I think the GS would hold more value

i say buy what you truly want and not worry about resale and just try to get the best price, getting a speedy for example if you're hearts not truly not in it and you'll always think "what if" and you may never be truly happy about it

In response to the fake watch debacle, Lil Baby posted to his story asking Patek Philippe to put him on their list so that he does not get into another situation where he should not be making a mistake.

In response to the fake watch debacle, Lil Baby posted to his story asking Patek Philippe to put him on their list so that he does not get into another situation where he should not be making a mistake.

I think his story is total BS, and he knew he bought a fake.

Why isn't this jeweler being arrested as we speak? 400k?? He won't even namedrop the guy in an effort to warn others.

That says it all to me.

Looks like Lil Baby came out and said it was a redialed 5711 but authentic guts sold by Rafaello and Co.

I’m sure he was aware of it the whole time and didn’t pay 400k for that. Rafaello has a reputation.

VIA ROLEX:

"The scarcity of our products is not a strategy on our part. Our current production cannot meet the existing demand in an exhaustive way, at least not without reducing the quality of our watches – something we refuse to do as the quality of our products must never be compromised. This level of excellence requires time, and as we have always done, we will continue to take the necessary time to ensure that all our watches not only comply with our standards of excellence, but also meet the expectations of our customers in terms of quality, reliability and robustness. Rolex does not compromise on what it takes to produce exceptional watches.

All Rolex watches are developed and produced in-house at our four sites in Switzerland. They are assembled by hand, with extreme care, to meet the brand's unique and high-quality standards of quality, performance and aesthetics. Understandably, this naturally restricts our production capacities – which we continue to increase as much as possible and always according to our quality criteria.

Finally, it should be noted that Rolex watches are available exclusively from official retailers, who independently manage the allocation of watches to customers."

Looks like Lil Baby came out and said it was a redialed 5711 but authentic guts sold by Rafaello and Co.

I’m sure he was aware of it the whole time and didn’t pay 400k for that. Rafaello has a reputation.

yah, still dont buy it, one of the rarest watches out there going for that much and you arent gon inspect it? BS

Over the weekend, Rafaello and Co. released a statement to XXL Magazine, offering their perspective on the situation. Though the company has fessed up and has apologized, their explanation reveals that their due diligence has not been up to par. The statement reads as follows.

“We do stand on our name just like he does that’s why today he got those four rings for free and his money back because we didn’t do our homework on the watch and we take full responsibility for that. But it didn’t happen intentionally and he knows that for a fact. Everyone that knows me knows that I don’t play games when it comes to my brand and especially my client’s brands.
I personally want to apologize to @lilbaby for not doing my due diligence when selling him the Patek watch. I should have inspected the watch after purchasing it from the dealer. I take full responsibility for not doing my job properly. I personally would NEVER knowingly sell him or anyone else anything that is not 100% authentic. I have known @libaby for a while and there is nothing fake about him – especially his jewelry and watches. I want to personally apologize to Lil Baby for what has transpired. Rafaello & Co. took immediate action to rectify this. We worked directly with Lil Baby to refunded him in full and have gifted him rings as a token of our sincere apologies.
We pride ourselves in being an honest business and will take great care to make sure nothing like this ever happens again. To all of our customers thank you for your business over the years and we look forward to continuing to provide the best jewelry and watches in the industry.”

but why inspect something from a "reputable jeweler"? who you've done business with before?

You shouldn’t buy watches from jewelers or any grey market if you can’t inspect it. It’s always a massive risk if you’re not getting it from an AD directly.
Especially jewelers because they themselves buy them from various sources. So it’s best to double check regardless.

as a seller (the jeweler), they admitted to not inspect it themselves so thats a red flag too and if i bought anything from them in the last, im gon get that checked

as the buyer you got to be sure what you’re buying legit no matter what especially at that price

even ben saying dont buy watches from jewelers

Back
Top Bottom