The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

9DAE720F-7649-4C66-A6D3-CB7DDE122E3E.jpeg

what did they have inside?

empty cases?

$250k watches?

:lol:

the only models I know of PP (like many others lol) are the nautilus and aquanaut….. and they definitely didn’t have those lol.

They had some other models on display I’ve never heard of but the person in there was educating me on em lol

the only models I know of PP (like many others lol) are the nautilus and aquanaut….. and they definitely didn’t have those lol.

They had some other models on display I’ve never heard of but the person in there was educating me on em lol

It’s truly a shame that some of the most wonderful watches that Patek makes get zero attention from the market, just because they’re not an aquanaut or nautilus.

I would take a 5205R over pretty much any nautilus, except maybe the 5740G, especially at these prices. Once I got my 5146G I started to appreciate the complications a lot more. And they have much bigger discounts which is also a plus. People should really look into Patek complications if you can’t get a nautilus, they’re breathtaking.

Not throwing shade, just felt like ranting.

i think its still close to impossible to get a discount on a patek without some bit of history

im on the "list" for a 6119G and a 5396G and i dont expect a single cent off retail

the name alone is just too hyped

even a non-overseas VC is difficult to get a discount on at least from an AD

I assume certain brands you’re lucky getting at retail

And then like omega and brietling, you can get discounta

i think its still close to impossible to get a discount on a patek without some bit of history

im on the "list" for a 6119G and a 5396G and i dont expect a single cent off retail

the name alone is just too hyped

even a non-overseas VC is difficult to get a discount on at least from an AD

I don't think i could buy a 5396G at retail, I've seen them trade in the 30's grey market recently.

Had a meeting with a guy in a 5905 the green is such a nice shade. I think those are somewhat attainable for retail

I don't think i could buy a 5396G at retail, I've seen them trade in the 30's grey market recently.

missed this but is this for new? because retails like $58k so for mid $30k new…. point me int he right direction :lol:

Had a meeting with a guy in a 5905 the green is such a nice shade. I think those are somewhat attainable for retail

saw on ein person last year, its amazing but im picky with the date wheel, they should’ve color matches it

i like the 5396 because everything blends in with the white/silver dial

since the other two in the holy trinity is impossible to come by, my big purchase thsi year might just be the 36mm VC 1921 so if any yall see it new in the mid$20s, give me a heads up

1679541331529.jpeg

It begins...

So from first view it seems like we are getting some sort of new explorer maybe on a oysterflex, a two tone gold gmt, some kind of daytona and the titanium yachtmaster will finally be releasing on an oyster bracelet.

Last edited:
Any advice for someone with 0 purchase history on getting on the list for a Rolex? I’m looking for a sub. Black/ green/ gmt/ 2 tone. Don’t wanna embarrass myself lol. Maybe just go into the store and be friendly/ chill? Sucks that this game has to be played for a watch…

Also, apparently production will be increasing. Idk if it’s more hype but read an article on it recently. I think more factories are being added.

rolex is building two temporary facilities to increase production because building a new full blown building (which i think they are doing now) will take years

just go to all the ADs in your area and strike up a conversation and let them know you are interested, no need to be embarrassed, its your money they want afterall

for every 10 stories of "i waited 2 years to get my explorer" there's one of "i entered, told them imgetting married in a few weeks and asked for a sub and got a call a week later" so you'll never know

just like the lottery, you cant win it if you aint in it

Back
Top Bottom