The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

they changed the shade of green on the kermit/cermit as an ode to 70 anniversary on the sub which is weird because it marked the first release of the green sub 20 (or 30 years) ago and that everyone else usually capitalize on such things but rolex is like “eh”

if this was omegas seamaster, they’d have 50different limited editions of the seamaster and probably rope in a limited edition speedy inspired by the seamaster :lol:

Yeah I saw that. Unwhelming would be an understatement.

One thing you can say about Omega is that if there is an anniversary watch we'd know about it, could buy it (eventually) and would come in a pretty *** box.

7B63ED69-ABFA-48BE-8AFD-6A8D9EDF379D.jpeg

Joined the Tissot PRX80 family today. Grabbed from Macys for $506 (VIP sale… they applied it in store for me). Sensational watch, as you all already said, quality is sick for thr price point.

your AD always gets tudor stuff early, lucky you

and im kind of with you, im softening up on the pelagos 39 and i feel like i might feel the same way about the 54 too if i have to wait months to a year for it but i also feel like i can wait for a different dial color for the 54 (which i wouldnt be surprised if they announce it before this year ends)

with that said, who knows how id feel if i see both in person, i can be a bit of an impulse buyer too

honestly, the sub40 i have is feeling on the bigger side probably because ive been wearing more smaller cased watches lately outside of the speedy so the 54 is looking like a great case for me, if i had that black with gilt-like dial in bb58 i wouldnt even consider it

Leebro Leebro why are you hesitating on the pel39?

your AD always gets tudor stuff early, lucky you

and im kind of with you, im softening up on the pelagos 39 and i feel like i might feel the same way about the 54 too if i have to wait months to a year for it but i also feel like i can wait for a different dial color for the 54 (which i wouldnt be surprised if they announce it before this year ends)

with that said, who knows how id feel if i see both in person, i can be a bit of an impulse buyer too

honestly, the sub40 i have is feeling on the bigger side probably because ive been wearing more smaller cased watches lately outside of the speedy so the 54 is looking like a great case for me, if i had that black with gilt-like dial in bb58 i wouldnt even consider it

Leebro Leebro why are you hesitating on the pel39?
I dunno. Looking at the case shape, the square indices (that I thought I'd like), the dial layout (amount of space), the lightness of the watch and how high the tudor shield, and words tudor genieve look don't look in proportion in hand.

The sunray dial is nice, and the titanium is actually quite bright and not as dull as my seiko spb143 which has diashield treatment. As it stands right now I'd still pick up my seiko before picking up the tudor if I had it. I've got a few hours to make my decision.

Update - I didn't go for it in the end. If I change my mind I should be able to get one pretty easy my AD has said to me.

Last edited:
I don’t like Tudors but the Pelagos drops are always dope to me… that version looks cool because of the red text :lol:

But I get you I always feel like I can get a watch that I like better when looking at Tudor. It really imo serves as place holder watch

i kind of ignored this this skeletonized micro rotor santos dumont beause i thought it was an xl but its actually impressive at the large size and definitely want one in steel but looked up the price and its looking like its gon be $30k

im into it but for $30k, i think i'd have at least 10 deep watches on the list before this one but it looks great nonetheless

I mean good for him, that he has done well

And it appears he’s wearing a Richard Mille.. but Richard Mille is one of those brands I would never buy

Granted it’s not like couple other brands on that list where im just not a fan of the look.. but ain’t no way in hell I’d pay the Richard Mille price for that

I’d rather just get several variations of the watches/brands I do actually like

doesn’t the Richard Mille say that?

If money ain’t an issue, I’m adding watches like a perpetual calendar AP to my wishlist

Give me all da money in the world I’m still gonna just use it to get Tissot to make me a deep purple PRX.

Or a wine red. :pimp:

Naw you’re lying bro :lol: you’d get AP to make a deep purple RO
I live in California dawg, too close to the Bay Area. Dukes get clubbed over da head for a Rolex. I wear a RO anywhere near here I’d probably end up in a body bag with a bare wrist.

I live in California dawg, too close to the Bay Area. Dukes get clubbed over da head for a Rolex. I wear a RO anywhere near here I’d probably end up in a body bag with a bare wrist.

Yea it’s wild here in NYC too. Cant have nice things.

Speaking of. Anyone here recommend an insurance?

Yea it’s wild here in NYC too. Cant have nice things.

Speaking of. Anyone here recommend an insurance?

hodinkee has their own and i have read they are pretty reasonable but you can also just add it to your property coverage to make it easier, just check with them so they can adjust it and they cover you for the full amount of the watch instead of a small percentage

its not for everyone but ive always liked the J12 and this cybernetic edition is kind of cool, i usually dig pixelated variations and i kind of dig how this is executed

Back
Top Bottom