The Top 25 Best Black Sitcoms of All Time

Martin is too high. IMO Family Matters should be above Wayans bros, martin, moesha etc. Glad to see Different world getting props.

Cosby is a top 3 sitcom of all time ( any race)

Also House of pain should be on there somewhere. Its not a bad show

I know I was being a smart *** after I saw me putting it down twice but it was a good show but was canceled without a finale like a lot of other black shows including some on the list

damb shame :smh:

if thats the case then richard pryor and flip wilson should def be up there..... then also the chappelle show the chris rock show....

no chappelle show didnt help the black community. if anything it set us back.
(yea I said it.)
was it funny? of course.
but it got other races real comfortable with black jokes and racial slurs.

compare that to the other shows and you can see what im talking about.

, boondocks (which I dont think should have made the list either) sonewhat set us back
edit: was on my phone and not paying attention. did not mean to put knowledge in it

Last edited:
(yea I said it.)
was it funny? of course.

, boondocks (which I dont think should have made the list either) sonewhat set us back but it also has sone knowledge to it.

:smh: You can't be serious

Boondocks is satire. The point is to show HOW embarrassing some of that **** is.

if thats the case then richard pryor and flip wilson should def be up there..... then also the chappelle show the chris rock show....
(yea I said it.)
was it funny? of course.

, boondocks (which I dont think should have made the list either) sonewhat set us back but it also has sone knowledge to it.
laugh.gif
Set us back? The intent of the show went way over your head as did the Boondocks if it set us back. Chappelle stopped the show when he realized he was being laughed at. And Chappelle's show was a sketch comedy show not a sitcom.

(yea I said it.)
was it funny? of course.

i see what you're saying. and chappelle left in part for that reason.

bondocks is an excellent show. it doesn't set black people back especially when you consider the goals of the show to tackle socio/economical and political issues of today. it makes humor out of it, but the ideas and concepts touched on are real, so if anything the show is a good medium to generate discussion. (some episodes of course are strictly for LULZ like stinkmeaner, but even that proved to be somewhat accurate in some of the foolery we see today).

you can make the case more for the PJs setting black people back. that show was dumb funny tho.

:lol: Set us back? The intent of the show went way over your head as did the Boondocks if it set us back. Chappelle stopped the show when he realized he was being laughed at. And Chappelle's show was a sketch comedy show not a sitcom.
im not the one who said chappelle show should have been added.
and I edited my words didnt mean to put boondocks had knowledge in it.
boondocks was showing real ignorance to the black culture in caftoon form on cartoon network. so people who had no idea about some stuff found out through that show.

im not saying it wasnt funny. it was to me because ive seen that stuff in real life. and though it was making light of the situation. Huey was the only dude in there that was giving people something to think about.

Last edited:
i wouldnt have put the boondocks on the list. its funny how most of these shows are from the 90's. im not familiar with Roc or Julia. That honorable mentions list is pretty good. Man i forgot about In the House

laugh.gif
Set us back? The intent of the show went way over your head as did the Boondocks if it set us back. Chappelle stopped the show when he realized he was being laughed at. And Chappelle's show was a sketch comedy show not a sitcom.
im not the one who said chappelle show should have been added.
and I edited my words didnt mean to put boondocks had knowledge in it.
boondocks was showing real ignorance to the black culture in caftoon form on cartoon network. so people who had no idea about some stuff found out through that show.

im not saying it wasnt funny. it was to me because ive seen that stuff in real life. and though it was making light of the situation. Huey was the only dude in there that was giving people something to think about.
It was satire. That's the point.
i wouldnt have put the boondocks on the list. its funny how most of these shows are from the 90's. im not familiar with Roc or Julia. That honorable mentions list is pretty good. Man i forgot about In the House
Most of the black sitcoms came in the 90s. Networks starting gearing programming toward the urban audience hence the number of them most of which were low quality like Homeboys in Outer Space and Malcolm and Eddie.

the first family seems decent. I laughed at the ep I watched but it was only 1

You don't know what satire is? If so I can see how ppl can get a whole different message from The Boondocks.
I know I was being a smart *** after I saw me putting it down twice but it was a good show but was canceled without a finale like a lot of other black shows including some on the list

Man I still watch The Wayan Bros. reruns hoping I'll see a season finale.

Last edited:
I think you would get a greater appreciation for the Boondocks cartoon if you are familiar with the comic strip. The comic strip >>>>>cartoon.

I think the Jamie Foxx show is severely underrated. Yeah it had it's corny moments but overall it got better as it went along. While I think the Wayans Bros. was funny, it's too high. It got funny to me really in season 2 when they started writing more stuff for pops. Yeee ta deeeee!

Last edited:
You don't know what satire is? If so I can see how ppl can get a whole different message from The Boondocks.

Man I still watch The Wayan Bros. reruns hoping I'll see a season finale.

Season finale or series finale? It never got a series finale :smh:

Smart Guy should have been on this list :smh:

Bobby Brown on 227 :pimp:

Last edited:
Family Matters and Moesha are TOP 5

SMH@ what number they ranked the most well put together sitcom of ALL TIME Family Matters, So many characters, and they always fit right into a role wheter they were on season 3 and showed back up on season 7, they were right on the money.

Show went to Disney world for 3 episodes, and 3 episodes in Paris France, aint NO other black TV shows shot episodes like that in the 90's or NOW. They may of Acted or made props but these episodes were actually on location in these places.

List is BS

The list is ok and I agree that The Boondocks should be on it but if I HAD to replace it with an actual sitcom I would with My Brother & Me. The shows 13 episodes taught me more than some of these multiple season shows who "made an impact in the community". 

Back
Top Bottom