The Top 25 Best Black Sitcoms of All Time

I swear I always say this, Ravern Symone did not live up to her potential. Looks wise. I thought she would have been VICIOUS but she isn't.

my boy gets on me all the time when I tell him how much fail she is.
not to say she isnt vute. but she could be so much better. ill take jordin sparks over her. (if were comparing same body type chicks)

yeah all those chicks were dissapointing whales..

keke palmer is fine as hell, i dont know or care what show shes on but she could get the business.

As corny as Family Matters got in the later seasons..at its peak it should be top 5 worthy. I love Hangin With Mr. Cooper but FM was on the original TGIF lineup. And i think it was one of the longest running black sitcoms too

^
was Family Matters part of the original TGIF line-up?

cause it was a spin-off of Perfect Strangers which had been on for a few years already, same as Full House, been on a few years before FMatters

i think FMatters was part of the TGIF V2 line-up

^
was Family Matters part of the original TGIF line-up?

cause it was a spin-off of Perfect Strangers which had been on for a few years already, same as Full House, been on a few years before FMatters

i think FMatters was part of the TGIF V2 line-up

correct me if im wrong..but it wasnt originally aired on Friday... when ABC started calling their friday night lineup "TGIF" thats when Perfect Strangers moved to Friday with Full House & Family Matters

I wasnt a full house fan but FM and boy meets world were my shows. funny how TGIF back then was prime time tv. now it means your show is probably going to get cancelled now.
how times have changed.
I miss family night

Last edited:
Family Matters should have been higher up on that list. Agree with Cosby Show at the #1 spot though. I didn't grow up watching it like i did Fresh Prince, Family Matters, Wayans Bros., etc but i've seen re-runs of every episode several times and it's one of my favs.

correct me if im wrong..but it wasnt originally aired on Friday... when ABC started calling their friday night lineup "TGIF" thats when Perfect Strangers moved to Friday with Full House & Family Matters

you may be right about PStrangers switching slots (and if you looked it up then you're definitely right)

i don't remember

and there could have been popular friday night line-ups before actually being officially labeled TGIF

but i remember when Full House premiered, i already thought it i was too mature for it (must have been all of 11 or 12!)
the only good thing ever about that show i liked was Uncle Joey's air trainer heat

Last edited:
Wasn't Step by Step part of TGIF as well? Think it came in later though, like mid 90s or so.

Last edited:
I think it was Step by Stey, Family Matters, Full House and.....Boy Meets World (??)

It was something like that, i remember Step by Step and Family Matters for sure, don't remember the rest. I remember always looking forward to TGIF when i got out of school on Fridays.

^i also remember a spin off of Growing Pains, with the coach or gym teacher & his family
Just The 10 Of Us i think it was called

one smokin hot blonde daughter, one really hot red-headed daughter in the mix

it may have been like Perfect Strangers, moved from Tuesday or Thursday to Friday Nights...

and you guys remember Mr. Belvedere right? That was Friday night before TGIF but was a part of it
before it went off the air

Last edited:
Terrible order

where the hell is my wife and kids?

and the list isn't that bad, i would just switch up the order a little.

Very terrible order.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is gonna be top 3 by default but Martin has be ahead and the very least #2. The Cosby Show had me crying with laughter every other episode. Respect for it coming in #1. Wait "Family Matters" isn't top 5!? What a joke.

Shows I have never heard of....

ROC
Julia

Where can I watch these? :nerd:

^
227 is horrible, Jack-aye wasn't attractive & the bit was just annoying, the old woman was dumb too

ROC - a let down, show was hyped from before it even hit the air, w/ Charles Dutton, locked for nuthin nuthin (chub rock verse)
it sometimes trying to teach lessons that made me be like 'yo, great now i'm depressed - i wanted escape from this damn sitcom! not this feeling.'

both can go without watch & you'll be better for it

never heard of Julia myself & i'm betting it was thrown in just to round out the list somehow

Last edited:
Last edited:
^
227 is horrible, Jack-aye wasn't attractive & the bit was just annoying, the old woman was dumb too

ROC - a let down, show was hyped from before it even hit the air, w/ Charles Dutton, locked for nuthin nuthin (chub rock verse)
it sometimes trying to teach lessons that made me be like 'yo, great now i'm depressed - i wanted escape from this damn sitcom! not this feeling.'

both can go without watch & you'll be better for it

never heard of Julia myself & i'm betting it was thrown in just to round out the list somehow

idk if TV1 shows any of those

Ohhh damn.

Back
Top Bottom