The truth about SMALL BUBBLES & why you shouldn't be mad

These days, I constantly see angry posters and the continued gripe concerning the "shrinking" or "smaller than original" air pocket in Nike's.

Yes, some people have a great point.

Here's the flip.

While many people believe that it has alot to do with Nike's patent, it is only somewhat true.

DC does not own the same patent, and even though they, like many other manufacturers, are using the "technology", they have nowhere near mastered it to the art of Nike.

Here's the big one folks:

YOUR BUBBLES WILL NOT POP ON THE NEW MODELS LIKE THEY MAY HAVE ON YOUR PRE-2006 MODELS.

This may be frustrating, but the fact is, how many collectors have pulled anything from an Air Max 95 to a pair of Penny II's from DS ice, only to find that the air pocket in the rear has cracked or popped, and the shoes have never been worn?

The new bubbles, due to make-up and composition, will not do this nearly as easily. Remember that seam on the old ones? Gone. Feel the thickness of the new bubble? It's density has increased.

They aren't Kevlar, but they are extremely resilient.

I'm way more of a collector than a wearer, as I've got a hundred pairs on ice.

Am I angry?

Hell no.

I'm just helping some of you cats to sleep a little easier at night, just as I did after I got the info a year ago.

So, don't totally hate the new bubble, it's got it's good points.

Peace.
The Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion.​

I knew WHY they did it, but...it looks horrible, esp.since the older collectors remember how they USED to look.

I'm not complaining, though..as all things change over time. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

However, I DO want them to quit being cheap, and use higher quality paint on the 90's and 95's....I've got '98 and '99 retro AM95's that look better than my more recent ones; the paint doesn't chip/rub off NEARLY as fast as the new ones
GR for now, but rumor has it Gentry's going to package it with a Toboggan and mitten set and sell it for $750

- Christmas came early this year. Everything happens for a reason, as usual.
------------------

BAPE is Sanrio for Men.

its not always WHY... its the fact that the shoes looked better with bigger bubbles and its more of a nostalgia thing for me, like it is for you.

It stinks to know that my replacement for my 03 retro neon 95s is the HOA packs with small bubbles :frown:
frown.gif

FS: Air Max 1 HOA sz 7.5 DS w/ BOX
Air Max 97 HOA Silver sz 11 DS... PM ME

--*--SELL ME YOUR SZ 13 AIR MAXES--*--

That seam on the bubble got me many pairs of free Nikes. Just cut a slit along the seam, and you're golden.

I know I'm not the only one.
We livin' this cuz it's deep in our bones...​

We all know why, the problem is if nike just invested probably a dollar per pair in better materials, we could still have large bubbles but with proper longevity. I take no consolation in the reasoning for the switch as it is just to (literally) save a buck

Quote:
its not always WHY... its the fact that the shoes looked better with bigger bubbles
ers views, I get it, and accept it for what it is. I'm not mad nor am I happy about the smaller bubbles. I'm more focused on coppin the sneakers.. Especially them Penny II's :pimp:
pimp.gif

But if the shrink the bubbles on the pippen 1's the shoe won't look right at all.
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002...

This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

couldn't they just apply that technology to bigger the bigger air bubbles? Or only small bubbles?

i think the true reason is to cut down production costs.....

This is not totally true...I play outdoor basketball in Penny III's(96), and Penny IV's(98)....both have a max hell....I also own Penny II's(95),which I sport during the summer which are also fine.

No signs of cracking in any of them....in fact the Penny II's still look fresh and every time I wear them some ask where did I get em

No signs of cracking in any of them....in fact the Penny II's still look fresh and every time I wear them some ask where did I get em
You are one of few, sir.

More than many, myself included, has seen cracking on DS bubbles.

And, to whoever said they've sliced their bubbles on the seam before, you can only thank yourself for this change to the new bubble. It was part of theirthought process on the change, albiet small, but part of the change nonetheless.

^

he said he wears his shoes regularly - DS bubbles are the ones that crack.

that's why i say - wear your shoes and enjoy them, because if you just leave them in the box, they'll decay away - pristine but eventually unwearable.

While I definitely agree that the older (and larger) bubbles looked better, I feel the pain from the seam.

This is my last pair of Jet Flights to fail due to it.

28c35990e82049ed941800b3431377001e29963.jpg

I also agree that Nike needs to up the quality of paint and synthetic leathers.
sick.gif

I would rather rock a pair of shoes with a big bubble that was popped than a small, in tact bubble.

It's pretty obvious why the change was made. I personally like the comfort of the newer bubbles. The bigger bubbles have too much give, and I don'tfeel right when i'm on my heels and not my toes.

We all know why, the problem is if nike just invested probably a dollar per pair in better materials, we could still have large bubbles but with proper longevity
Yeah I have to believe they could preserve the OG look with the Modern quality if they really wanted...I would assume they think the smallerbubble looks better and probably is cheaper for them...

Back
Top Bottom