The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Brilliant passing before Welbz got tripped. 

Yes the build up to that with the quick interchanges was lovely. It's been awhile since any Man United squad has been able to do that on a consistent
basis, hopefully that's something seen a lot more this year.

Jeez Nani has no confidence anymore. I remember just a few seasons back he was voted by the players as player of the year for Manchester United.:smh:

Fans cheering as if it was a home match at the Emirates....

Strange, since it's a home match in Jersey.

indifferent.gif

United isn't tripping about big transfers and wages.

Di Maria is great at what he does, but he isn't exactly a Vidal/Pogba (a position that United DESPERATELY need right now) hence 50-60m + wages is a bit much for a position United aren't desperate for.

Shaw at 27m (I think it becomes 30 in bonuses), can potentially fill the LB position (which if you know United is another attacking option) for another 10 seasons. A position that is basically vacant right now (Evra aged and finally left, Büttner gone). So yes, United would spend big there, cause they have no option.

There are other options that can fill Di Maria's position, that won't cost 50-60m.

Can United afford 50-60m plus wages on a player? Yes.
Will they spend 50-60m plus wages? Yes. But on a position that is desperately needed.

See I think United are in fact in desperate need of a RM/ RW. Nani and Valencia aren't cutting it. Go get Di Maria

Back
Top Bottom