The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

ManCity fans - what signings do you think we will make? And do you think Dzeko and Balotelli are certainly gone?

I wish I was at my computer so I could find the appropriate .gif for Almunia being released. Needless to say, I'm ecstatic
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

ManCity fans - what signings do you think we will make? And do you think Dzeko and Balotelli are certainly gone?

we need balotelli, but at the same time he is a distraction.
i think we will keep him and then we will see from the begining of the till january.

im a be sad to see the bosnian diamond go.

he is just too much of a talent to just be sitting on the bench. i like the guy, but he can shine somewhere else. i expect real going for him.

i also think kolo would be out.
which is a shame because he is a solid defender. i would love for him to stay

i would love to see cavani with manchester city.

maybe tevez will leave to

i just hope eden hazard will sign with us.
if they do get him i would love to see this line up

hart
micah   lescott/kolo   kompany   clichy
                                  yaya
               nasri                                   hazard
                                  silva
                    kun                       tevez/super mario

pimp.gif

David Villa out for the Euro 2012.
Rosicky will be OK for the Euro.
Barnetta leaves Bayer Leverkusen.
Hargreaves leaves Man City.

Dzeko doesn't fit the way City are playing. He should leave now while everyone is happy. The triangular short passes between him, Silva, Aguero or some other midfielder isn't his game. But you get him in a system where he gets a nice supply of quality crosses in the box, and he'll be one of the best at converting them into goals. He is way too good to be rotting away on the bench. His efficiency doesn't lie. I don't think that the Castrol rankings are an accurate way of measuring a player, but when you're ranked as high as he is, you sure are something. I don't like Juve, but it would be a great move for him.

As for Balotelli, I don't know. I think that teams are hesitant to pick him up for obvious reasons, and that isn't his talent. City are screwed if Yaya leaves.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Mourinho signed until 2016. 
ohwell.gif
 for United fans...we'll clearly have to wait until SAF wins another CL 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Surely not all United supporters are so inclined to have this character as their next manager? Best in the world he may well be in terms of success, but is poor football and a poorer attitude in exchange for silverware what you want from your next manager? Word to that El Pais editorial after Real embarrassed themselves after a draw against Villareal. 

Very happy to have Mourinho extend his deal. Doesn't mean he'll stay here until that date exactly but it brings continuity and stability to our club.

His nature is to chase the next challenge but I hope he stays as long as possible.

Although the club have money available, even after the £12 million arrival of Germany striker Lukas Podolski, the size of the squad and the wage bill is an issue that needs addressing. The club are open to offers for as many as 10 senior players, although finding buyers is likely to be difficult, given some of the generous contracts that have been awarded.

Zenit St Petersburg would like to make Andrei Arshavin’s loan deal permanent, while Borussia Dortmund are interested in Nicklas Bendtner. Carlos Vela could move to Espanyol.

Manuel Almunia was among seven players released yesterday and Lukas Fabianski is now desperate for first-team football, with West Ham United a serious option. Arsenal would also listen to offers for Sébastien Squillaci, Johan Djourou, Denilson, Marouane Chamakh and Ju-Young Park.

Yann M’Vila, the Rennes midfielder, remains the club’s leading midfield target, although they do also retain an interest in Athletic Bilbao’s Javi Martinez. Talks have been ongoing over M’Vila.

Additions either to the defence or the strikers will largely depend upon who leaves, with the club still confident that Robin van Persie will stay.

Hopefully we can clear up all the necessary space we need
Japan is playing at 6:15am tomorrow. Since Usami played for Bayern today, he obviously won't be there. Hopefully Ryo, Kagawa and Honda will play and at the same time. 

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Mourinho signed until 2016. 
ohwell.gif
 for United fans...we'll clearly have to wait until SAF wins another CL 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Surely not all United supporters are so inclined to have this character as their next manager? Best in the world he may well be in terms of success, but is poor football and a poorer attitude in exchange for silverware what you want from your next manager? Word to that El Pais editorial after Real embarrassed themselves after a draw against Villareal. 

It's been claimed that by the time Mourinho comes to OT, he'll be ready to settle down and manage a club for the long term, since he would have achieved his personal goal of winning in a few major leagues. 
Mourinho has stated himself, a few times, that he has intentions of managing United. 

Apparently Remy is still keen to come to Tottenham (as long as Redknapp stays manager), even after not qualifying for CL. They're still back and forth over the transfer fee. (Adebayor will most likely not stay if this goes through)
Arsenal target Vertonghen is in negotiations with Spurs, claims are that he's happy to move to the club.

United pursuing Baines from Everton 

There's some talk about Jarvis to Udinese for 5m.  Wouldn't surprise me if this is true, he's a decent player on a terrible roster.

Dortmund are actually looking into......Bendtner....and for the life of me, I can't understand why.

Rayo Vallecano is claimed United are looking into their midfielder Michu, and because of RV's financial crisis, they could pick him up at 3m.

Prolly only person who semi likes those barca kits

Pobga to juve practically wrapped up.. Want him to stay but his wages are unreasonable for a kid with few first team appearances

Originally Posted by beans718

Prolly only person who semi likes those barca kits

Pobga to juve practically wrapped up.. Want him to stay but his wages are unreasonable for a kid with few first team appearances

Yeah Pogba has A LOT of potential.  It's a shame cause it would be nice to see him in a United jersey for a while....but hey..that's the modern game for you...
Btw...AVB has told his manager he wants a REALLY big challenge.  Read into that what you want, most people are saying he's keen for Aston Villa/Liverpool, to take them into CL contention.

Hate to see Pogba go, but clearly this was about more than money (agent fee's, playing time, Fergie?) Honestly you have to doubt the way Fergie handled the kid too, especially when he said some of the things he did earlier in the year.
"We have to play the kid because his contract is expiring and he will get 1st team football elsewhere..." ummmm, yeah Fergie..especially when everyone was gushing over his potential, which was clear to see anytime he was on the field early in the year. But nonetheless the club will go on without Pogba.

There is talk today about Utd looking into buying David Alaba. I'd actually favor him instead of Baines considering Baines is already 27. Can't see Bayern selling him but Alaba would be a great buy if Fergie is able to do business with the Germans.

Reason why Drogba chose China over other locations is because the money he'll get will help with his charity. 
He built a 3M hospital last year, he's class.

We have a limited edition Chelsea Champions of Europe shirt for all you supporters, yes even you DLo13
Ships 5/29

37741200.jpg

Finsih 4 & 1 in the NT fantasy leagues
pimp.gif

I had no players from Utd, Chelsea, or spuds

Going for the double next season
laugh.gif

The Barca home kit is growing on me. The away not so much.. smh. Looks terrible. Either make it yellow or orange, not both.

Saw that Milan want Thiago + 30m for Thiago Silva LOL

Giovinco has received an offer from Barcelona according to his agent

Lavezzi to leave Napoli once a team hits the 31m release clause

Chelsea had 40m bid rejected by Sao Paulo for Lucas Moura

Originally Posted by Halftime718

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

finished 5th
frown.gif
i was in first for a little bit near the end then team just took too many blows

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Originally Posted by Halftime718

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

finished 5th
frown.gif
i was in first for a little bit near the end then team just took too many blows
NT Classic- 14
Live Breath Futbol 63

Leagues on leagues on leagues 6

NT Head-2-Head 5

Originally Posted by DLo13

Joey Barton got a 12 game ban.
laugh.gif

I was REALLY hoping QPR would have gotten relegated in large part to that %**! Barton getting sent off. He's a grade A @%+*+.   

Back
Top Bottom