The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Lukaku could be a beast for Stoke - He would do everything Kenwyne Jones should of done

How Jenas can still earn wages as a EPL player is crazy? Dude is poor and ALWAYS injured

Pep indicates he's absolutely coming back after a year off.
nerd.gif

Alao, there's rumors on the internets again about a combined CONCACAF/CONMEBOL Copa PanAmerica to be played in the US in 2016.

We'd get embarrassed, but please let it happen.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Aguero has put an end to talks about him possibly moving to Barca or Real Madrid as he has expressed he feels that City is on the same level as Barca and Real.

Tottenham are close to signing Jan Vertonghen from Ajax, but haven’t got the deal finished yet and Vertonghen has told Tottenham that they don’t hurry up and finish the signing, he could be signing with Arsenal.

Andy Carroll is likely to be in the lead line up for England in their Friendly Match against Norway as Danny Welbeck suffered an injury.

Isn't Arsenal setting themselves up for a potential log jam at the FW position?

Assuming they play 4-3-3

Coming in:
Podolski
Giroud?

Current:
Walcott
RVP?
Gervinho

Sub:
Ox

Bench/Loan
Ryo

On the way out:
Park?
Chamakh?
Bendtner?
Vela

If only Barca had played this way throughout the year  
30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Pedro has been looking more and more like his old self, which will be great for next year
Pique
indifferent.gif
 what's the point of this dude? complete trash after getting with Shakira

The possible starting 11 for Brazil in their Friendly Match against Denmark tomorrow in at the Imtech Arena in Hamburg, Germany:

Jefferson, Danilo, Thiago Silva, Juan, Marcelo, Sandro, Romulo, Lucas, Oscar, Hulk, Leandro Daimao.

I hope Leandro Daimao get's a lot of playing team and shows up so he can gain a little more attention and hopefully gets some offers from some bigger clubs out in Europe.

Originally Posted by SFC415

If only Barca had played this way throughout the year  
30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Pedro has been looking more and more like his old self, which will be great for next year
Pique
indifferent.gif
 what's the point of this dude? complete trash after getting with Shakira

sick.gif
  theres only one team on the pitch man...we also lost to bilbao which makes this $+% whoopin even harder to watch, barca would of done us dirty this year
tired.gif

Damn, if Messi had scored that 
sick.gif
 Got tripped up and still ran through the entire team for that shot 

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by hoosiergunner

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

My bad... 
30t6p3b.gif
 I looked on Wiki to see his stats and I read his loan stats at "Tours" by accident. 
No worries, just preparing someone who will inevitably be my boy when he signs for Arsenal and turns out to be a bum. Though this dude does look better than the last Ligue 1 leading scorer we signed...

I'm hoping Gervinho can have a better season, showed a lot of promise....and well you know, finishing and mistakes. He has a lot to prove this pre-season
I was speaking of Chamakh, but yeah, Gervinho was a bit lackluster. He never got off the ground, the first game he got into it with Barton, then left for a month for the ACON, which is stupid and when he got back Walcott and Rosicky were playing well and there just wasn't a place for him.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

No worries, just preparing someone who will inevitably be my boy when he signs for Arsenal and turns out to be a bum. Though this dude does look better than the last Ligue 1 leading scorer we signed...

I'm hoping Gervinho can have a better season, showed a lot of promise....and well you know, finishing and mistakes. He has a lot to prove this pre-season
I genuinely don't understand what happened with Gervinho.  I thought he was going to have a "Chicharito" or "Cisse" entrance to Arsenal...and REALLY make a difference in his first season...
30t6p3b.gif

He reminds me a lot of Cleverley for us....A LOT of energy, but his finishing is 
sick.gif
His dribbling and pace are on point but then it just becomes 
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

30t6p3b.gif
but I'm hoping things get better for him, we know he has the quality

I was speaking of Chamakh, but yeah, Gervinho was a bit lackluster. He never got off the ground, the first game he got into it with Barton, then left for a month for the ACON, which is stupid and when he got back Walcott and Rosicky were playing well and there just wasn't a place for him.

Yea I knew you were talking about him but at this point in time there's no point on talking about Chamakh
laugh.gif
But Walcott and Rosicky really came through. Reports from the training grounds are saying that Rosicky is full of energy, fit and ready to play for his country which is great to hear.

Originally Posted by Prettyboy RY7

Lukaku could be a beast for Stoke - He would do everything Kenwyne Jones should of done

How Jenas can still earn wages as a EPL player is crazy? Dude is poor and ALWAYS injured

That would be great for Lukaku, it's really about time. I thought he would have been loaned earlier. 
Originally Posted by quik1987

Assuming they play 4-3-3

Coming in:
Podolski
Giroud?

Current:
Walcott
RVP?
Gervinho

Sub: 
Ox

Bench/Loan
Ryo

On the way out:
Park?
Chamakh?
Bendtner?
Vela

A lot of people are saying that AW should switch to a 4-4-1-1 and have RvP in the hole, I know Bergkamp had said that would be a good idea at the start of the season. And it just might work but it might be easier to build the team around RvP if he does stay as opposed to moving him and restructuring the team as a whole.
Ryo is most likely going to be loaned out again, I know Bolton has expressed interest in getting him for the season. And I think he should be loaned out if he isn't he'll just ride the bench. He's raw, he needs the playing time. I think Afobe just might be a little ahead of him but I see him getting loaned out to Reading again or riding the bench. 

I also think the same will go for Lansbury, Coquelin, Frimpong, loan/bench. Diaby will most likely never be fit again and things seem to be on track for Wilshere as of now. We do lack in the creativity department, there would be more conflict in terms of playing time/"potential log jam"  if we signed someone such as M'Vila even though he could really improve our squad. 

Clint Dempsey has dropped a bombshell on Fulham by confirming he wants to play in the Champions League.

The American hit an impressive 17 goals from midfield this season to help his club finish ninth in the Premier League.

Fulham are trying to tie him to a new deal, amid talk of Arsenal being interested.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/s...-dempsey-has-said-848143

I think Arsenals current formation is 4-2-3-1, but ya, our MF is tight as well

Originally Posted by Jesus Saved Edwin

Aguero has put an end to talks about him possibly moving to Barca or Real Madrid as he has expressed he feels that City is on the same level as Barca and Real.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Mastamind89 wrote:

Assuming they play 4-3-3

Coming in:
Podolski
Giroud?

Current:
Walcott
RVP?
Gervinho

Sub: 
Ox

Bench/Loan
Ryo

On the way out:
Park?
Chamakh?
Bendtner?
Vela

A lot of people are saying that AW should switch to a 4-4-1-1 and have RvP in the hole, I know Bergkamp had said that would be a good idea at the start of the season. And it just might work but it might be easier to build the team around RvP if he does stay as opposed to moving him and restructuring the team as a whole.
Ryo is most likely going to be loaned out again, I know Bolton has expressed interest in getting him for the season. And I think he should be loaned out if he isn't he'll just ride the bench. He's raw, he needs the playing time. I think Afobe just might be a little ahead of him but I see him getting loaned out to Reading again or riding the bench. 

I also think the same will go for Lansbury, Coquelin, Frimpong, loan/bench. Diaby will most likely never be fit again and things seem to be on track for Wilshere as of now. We do lack in the creativity department, there would be more conflict in terms of playing time/"potential log jam"  if we signed someone such as M'Vila even though he could really improve our squad. 

If we want to compete we need depth.  I don't think adding a Giroud would log jam anything for the simple fact that RVP can't play 50 matches again like he did last year.  We need other options because Wenger found out real quick that if we want any chance to win basically any game we needed RVP and that is not going to be able to fly this year.  Same with the midfield we had Song who played 40-50 games with no rest.  Adding in quality players while add depth while also make everyone raise their game to keep their place.  Guys like Walcott will need to be more consisitent or they will find themselves on the bench.  Hopefully Arsenal adds to the squad because we desperately need it.

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I don't find what he said to be absurd.
Maybe not Barca, but City and Real are somewhat similar in levels of talent and recent accomplishment. Maybe Real is ahead, but I don't think they're laughably ahead. Silva, Yaya, Tevez, Kun, Kompany, Hart, Balotelli are all match-winners on their day. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I don't find what he said to be absurd.
Maybe not Barca, but City and Real are somewhat similar in levels of talent and recent accomplishment. Maybe Real is ahead, but I don't think they're laughably ahead. Silva, Yaya, Tevez, Kun, Kompany, Hart, Balotelli are all match-winners on their day. 
But for such players, usually CL matters too.And Manchester City sucked international.

Loic Remy injured and will miss Euro 2012.

Think Sergio talking about the amount of bread they can put in his pocket 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Still,City gonna have a better run next year in CL
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Mastamind89 wrote:

Assuming they play 4-3-3

Coming in:
Podolski
Giroud?

Current:
Walcott
RVP?
Gervinho

Sub: 
Ox

Bench/Loan
Ryo

On the way out:
Park?
Chamakh?
Bendtner?
Vela

If we want to compete we need depth.  I don't think adding a Giroud would log jam anything for the simple fact that RVP can't play 50 matches again like he did last year.  We need other options because Wenger found out real quick that if we want any chance to win basically any game we needed RVP and that is not going to be able to fly this year.  Same with the midfield we had Song who played 40-50 games with no rest.  Adding in quality players while add depth while also make everyone raise their game to keep their place.  Guys like Walcott will need to be more consisitent or they will find themselves on the bench.  Hopefully Arsenal adds to the squad because we desperately need it.

That's exactly what killed us at United this season.  Lack of real depth. Whereas City pulled out lethal bench players, we had to call up Scholes and pull him out sippping cocktails on some beach. 
I think this season, was an eye opener for clubs.  Depth is going to be crucial next season.  Arsenal can't rely on RVP to have a repeat season like this one.  They're going to need more proven goal scorers.  United is in DESPERATE need for a solid holding midfielder, an attacking midfielder, and a defender.  Vidic missing left a GIANT hole in our backline.  We need depth in case of injury, and also in case players get run into the ground (e.g David Silva).   

Back
Top Bottom