The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

oh yea... time for El Tri
pimp.gif

Lets go!

Is anyone watchin this World XI vs Eng XI for SoccerAid?

I just saw Will Ferrel, Gordon Ramsey, Mike Myers on the pitch lol

I thought Hazard would end up at Chelsea after he made some statement claiming Chelsea made him rethink his position with a lucrative offer...

At this point, I don't care where he goes.  He should shut up, and sign.

Well known that Ferrel and Meyers are football fans.

Oh well on Hazard, gonna be a rebuilding period I feel for chelsea soon anyhow so good luck to him with Le Decision lol.

Not watching, but interesting "Rest of the world" team... Lol

GK1 Edwin van der Sar
RB2 Michael Sheen (c)
CB5 Jaap Stam
CB16 Roy Keane
LB3 Gordon Ramsay
RM12 Gerard Butler
CM10 Clarence Seedorf
CM8 Fredrik Ljungberg
LM7 Sergio Pizzorno
SS4 Will Ferrell
CF11 Mike Myers

Substitutes:
GK20 Patrick Kielty
CF9 Hernan Crespo
LM14 Joe Calzaghe
DF Woody Harrelson
MF15 Edward Norton
DF17 James McAvoy

Manager:
Kenny Dalglish
England

GK1David Seaman 

RB2Ben Shephard

CB5Martin Keown 

CB4Des Walker

LB12Paddy McGuinness 

RM7Olly Murs 

CM6John Bishop

CM8Jonathan Wilkes (c)

LM11Aston Merrygold 

CF9Kevin Phillips

CF10Teddy Sheringham 

Substitutes:

GK13Jamie Theakston

DF14Graeme Le Saux

MF15Marvin Humes 

MF16Mark Owen 

DF3Robbie Williams

Manager:

Sam Allardyce

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

L'Équipe and Eurosport both claim Eden Hazard is close to agreeing a €40m Chelsea move complete with a 5-year contract on €126,900 per week.

Really_2499da_370963.gif
power moves

Mexico wins 2-0
pimp.gif

Aldo De Nigris with both goals.. Gio was putting work in as well, wished his header would have found its way past the goalkeeper..

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Is anyone watchin this World XI vs Eng XI for SoccerAid?

I just saw Will Ferrel, Gordon Ramsey, Mike Myers on the pitch lol
ive never heard of this guy before, apparently hes in a band...but wow at that finish
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

how long is the average soccer career?

I think 15-17 years? (the initial few years would be taking small wages at a small club/ at a big clubs reserve team)  Peak would probably be 4-5 years. 
Think of it this way, the average footballer retires from employment approximately 25-30 years before the majority of employees would even consider retirement. 

No way. It's pretty close to nba basketball - a lot of guys will play 1-5 years and the good/lucky/healthy ones might get 17 years - but a few years either end of that won't be at the top level. I've got a client who plays professionally - played 2 seasons in the Premier league and quite a few in the Scottish top league and I asked him about it once. He's about 35 and still getting a game for a decent team but admits they he is fortunate to have been able to play that long. Most guys are done way before that.

Anyone watch the charity game between Vilanova and Guardiola? game was fun as hell 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 once again, after hating the new home kits, they've grown on me after seeing them on the players. I like them more than the yellow collar/cuff shirts from 10/11; I know alot of people like those, but it just looks like a carnival costume to me because of the clashing color. The away kits for this year will be horrendous for eternity though

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

how long is the average soccer career?

I think 15-17 years? (the initial few years would be taking small wages at a small club/ at a big clubs reserve team)  Peak would probably be 4-5 years. 
Think of it this way, the average footballer retires from employment approximately 25-30 years before the majority of employees would even consider retirement. 

No way. It's pretty close to nba basketball - a lot of guys will play 1-5 years and the good/lucky/healthy ones might get 17 years - but a few years either end of that won't be at the top level. I've got a client who plays professionally - played 2 seasons in the Premier league and quite a few in the Scottish top league and I asked him about it once. He's about 35 and still getting a game for a decent team but admits they he is fortunate to have been able to play that long. Most guys are done way before that.

Technically, the average soccer is a professional player from around 15-16.  Like I said they're not playing at an Arsenal/United first team, but they're PAID to play football at a club's youth academy, then reserves, then small club, then big club.  Take a retirement age of 30.  That's 14 years of BEING PAID to play football.  Even if as a youth you're getting maybe +-1000 pounds a week (that was a friend of mines weekly wages at a tiny club in the UK), you're still a professional footballer. 

You'll probably only play 1-5 years at your peak.  But on the upward and downward slopes, you're still technically a professional footballer. 

The away Barcas are gonna take some getting used to but I think the homes are great. Not the most creative design but its simple and I love the emphasis on navy blue with the shorts and socks.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kdawg

No way. It's pretty close to nba basketball - a lot of guys will play 1-5 years and the good/lucky/healthy ones might get 17 years - but a few years either end of that won't be at the top level.

I've got a client who plays professionally - played 2 seasons in the Premier league and quite a few in the Scottish top league and I asked him about it once. He's about 35 and still getting a game for a decent team but admits they he is fortunate to have been able to play that long. Most guys are done way before that.

Technically, the average soccer is a professional player from around 15-16.  Like I said they're not playing at an Arsenal/United first team, but they're PAID to play football at a club's youth academy, then reserves, then small club, then big club.  Take a retirement age of 30.  That's 14 years of BEING PAID to play football.  Even if as a youth you're getting maybe +-1000 pounds a week (that was a friend of mines weekly wages at a tiny club in the UK), you're still a professional footballer. 

You'll probably only play 1-5 years at your peak.  But on the upward and downward slopes, you're still technically a professional footballer. 

Youth players and academy players aren't professionals until they sign a professional contract with their club. Period. At that point they've typically graduated from the academy and are playing full-on pro ball with the first team, reserves, or a C team if the club has one.

They're in a professional environment at 15-16 but very few players actually go pro before 17-18. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say 18 is the average age players go pro. Most European federations don't permit clubs to sign players to pro contracts before 16.

To say youth players are paid is kind of misleading. It's usually just a stipend that covers housing, education, and transportation, if the academy doesn't provide those things on its grounds plus a little spending money.

Wow, again???

[h1]Lazio captain Stefano Mauri arrested and Juventus coach Antonio Conte under investigation over match-fixing allegations[/h1]

28 May 2012

Italian police investigating a soccer match-fixing scandal haveplaced Juventus trainer Antonio Conte under investigation and arrestedthe captain of Lazio Stefano Mauri and former Genoa midfielder OmarMilanetto, authorities have said.

A police statement said five people had also been arrested inHungary on suspicion of being part of an illegal international bettingring headed by Singaporean gambling identity Tan Seet Eng, who wasarrested in December.

Police in the northern city of Cremona saidthey had made 19 arrests and were investigating Conte, fresh from histriumph in leading Juventus to the Italian Serie A championship for thefirst time since the club was relegated in 2006 in an earliermatch-fixing scandal.

It said searches were conducted at thehomes of a number of players, trainers and administrators of clubs inSerie A, Serie B and the lower division Lega Pro on suspicion ofinvolvement in match-fixing on behalf of international criminalorganizations.

Monday's operation was part of "Last Bet", a widerinvestigation into match-fixing in Italian soccer which has alreadyseen a number of arrests of current and former Italian players.

"Inthis part of the investigation, indications have emerged ofmanipulation in matches from the 2010-11 Serie A championship,including games between Lazio and Genoa and Lecce and Lazio," RaffaleGrassi, director of SCO, the police service responsible for theinvestigation told SkyTG24 television.
http://www.thisislondon.c...allegations-7792856.html

No exaggeration, those away Barca jerseys are without a shadow of a doubt the ugliest jerseys I have ever witnessed in my life. The home is not bad though

The rumors are flying at the moment that Hazard to Chelsea is imminent. Lord please don't tease if if this is not real. My body is so ready for this.

Originally Posted by hugebird

The rumors are flying at the moment that Hazard to Chelsea is imminent. Lord please don't tease if if this is not real. My body is so ready for this.

This just in...
Manchester City have offered Eden Hazard £8m-a-year to join them. Manchester United, meanwhile, will decide this week whether to match the £155,000-a-week deal.

[font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

laugh.gif

He'll probably goto Chelsea though cause he'll be more likely to get regular starts.  He's claimed on twitter that he's made up his mind.  And rumours are that Chelsea will make the announcement in the next few days after paperwork is signed. 

Chelsea are set to sign Netherlands international defender Gregory van der Wiel, 24, from Ajax Amsterdam for £8m.

Anzhi Makhachkala midfielder Odil Ahmedov wants to seal a move to Arsenal, after the Gunners considered a bid for him last summer.

Champions Manchester City lead the chase to prise Sunderland star Stephane Sessegnon, 27, away from the Stadium of Light.

Back
Top Bottom