The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by trunks206

Steamin Beamin wrote:
Sagna's wife is tooooo fine.
pimp.gif
 *contemplates rocking his hairstyle if it helps me come home to a women that fine* 
laugh.gif

Well done Bac!
That's his wife!?!?
Thought she was just a model modelling the new kit!

bacary-ludivine-2.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Damn Sagna. Good job on that 
pimp.gif

!*%! yeah Timbers pulling off a win against the best team in the MLS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i gotta pull for MLS, needs the support, plus SJ is my local team
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

tumblr_m6j0zeBCDy1qgixmdo1_500.jpg

Last year was such a roller-coaster, I honestly went through every emotion you could think of supporting this club last season. 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I'm still relatively young and I think my heart can take the stress, so I'll gladly take more of the same if there is some silverware sprinkled in. ( But also wouldnt mind storming the league and picking up another gold PL trophy 
laugh.gif
)

On a serious note the CL final is in London again this year, sooo get it done boys! 
Leggoo.  Ooooh to be a Gooner!

AC Milan are interested in signing Liverpool striker Andy Carroll. Pier Silvio Berlusconi, the son of Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi, has been acting as a transfer consultant for the Italian club and has identified Carroll as a potential signing.

Everton are keen on signing Oscar Cardozo after Benfica put a £16m price tag on the striker. Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, PSG and an unnamed Premier League side are also tracking the Paraguayan, 29.

Tottenham are ready to back new manager Andre Villas-Boas in the transfer market to the tune of £50m this summer. The Portuguese is keen to bring Marseille striker Loic Remy, Ajax and Belgium defender Jan Vertonghen, Hoffenheim midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson, CSKA Moscow and Russia midfielder Alan Dzagoev and Birmingham keeper Jack Butland to White Hart Lane.

Villas-Boas wants to launch his reign as Tottenham manager by signing Brazilian attacking midfielder Oscar from Internacional. The 20-year-old is priced in the £20m bracket by his club.

Everton boss David Moyes is considering making a move for out-of-contract Wigan striker Hugo Rodallega, 26

Italian side Napoli are looking to push ahead with a move for Chelsea midfielder Raul Meireles after seeking talks with the player's agent.

Chelsea are closing in on a £6m deal for Inter Milan full-back Maicon, 30, with the Brazilian's agent due in London later this week for talks.

Manchester United and Chelsea are set to be in a tug of war for Belgium midfielder Axel Witsel this summer, after Benfica revealed that they are ready to cash-in on his talents.

Malaga and Galatasary want Arsenal's Nicklas Bendtner as the Denmark international closes in on a move away from the Emirates Stadium. Bendtner's agent Jesper Lynghus told Denmark newspaper bold.dk last month: "The interest is overwhelming, just as it should be after the way Nicklas performed at Euro 2012."

Asamoah Gyan will finally leave Sunderland in a £7m move to United Arab Emirates side Al-Ain.

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by holyFlock

What do you guys think of Valencia getting No.7 for Man Utd.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ad-numbers-for-valencia-and-new-signings.aspx
it takes a special kind of player to be associated with that number 7... i just hope that pressure doesn't weigh him down...
tired.gif
Valencia was Utd's biggest threat at times last season and has the work ethic to continue getting better. There's a reason Valencia was given this number instead of Nani.

Gylfi has been confirmed by Spurs 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and expect Vertonghen to be confirmed any day now. AVB has already had a look at the new training ground/center for Spurs (1st thing he did) and that is a huge bonus. I'm not worried about AVB dealing with personalities at Spurs other than VDV, we don't have the scum of Lampard, Terry, etc. Mainly am excited to have a manager that actually studies other teams and has the ability to fill out a team sheet. 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 the way AVB wants to play will be extremely effective if the players want to play for him.

Atl. Madrid are in a bit of financial trouble and while they obviously wouldn't want to sell Falcao, if any acceptable offer comes in, rumor is they will take it.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

AC Milan are interested in signing Liverpool striker Andy Carroll. Pier Silvio Berlusconi, the son of Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi, has been acting as a transfer consultant for the Italian club and has identified Carroll as a potential signing.

indifferent.gif

Also to add, very excited to hear that PSG are interested in Modric.

Bid has gone in for Oscar.

Arsenal are apparently interested in Lloris as well as Spurs? Doesn't make much sense to me

Sigurdsson to join spurs

The attacking midfielder is no stranger to the Premier League having enjoyed an impressive loan spell at Swansea City during the second half of last season.
He scored seven times in 19 appearances as well as picking up the Barclays Player of the Month award for March.
The Iceland international originally moved to England with Reading, coming through their academy to make 51 appearances and scoring 23 times. He was named Player of the Year in his only full season in the Royals First Team before moving to the Bundesliga with Hoffenheim in 2010.

Good start to the transfer window
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Originally Posted by holyFlock

What do you guys think of Valencia getting No.7 for Man Utd.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ad-numbers-for-valencia-and-new-signings.aspx
it takes a special kind of player to be associated with that number 7... i just hope that pressure doesn't weigh him down...
tired.gif
Valencia was Utd's biggest threat at times last season and has the work ethic to continue getting better. There's a reason Valencia was given this number instead of Nani  
he requested for that number 7...
of course,i'd love to see him do well but it's massive pressure that he could've done without...

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Also to add, very excited to hear that PSG are interested in Modric.
i don't follow Ligue 1 but a quick look at the PSG squad and i would assume he would be a regular starter there...
interesting to see him link up with Pastore in midfield with Menez and Nene in support...

EDIT: i just read that Diego Forlan's contract at Inter is set to be cancelled...
damn,i feel bad for him...
tired.gif

- Serie A side Udinese have confirmed striker Antonio Di Natale has signed a new one-year contract extension.
- Juventus are poised to complete the capture of veteran defender Lucio after the defender arrived in Turin for a medical.
- Fulham plan to make move for Chelsea utility man Yossi Benayoun.
- Italian side Napoli are looking to push ahead with a move for Chelsea midfielder Raul Meireles after seeking talks with the player’s agent.
- Barcelona launching bid for Arsenal's Vermaelen
- Benfica plan bid for Man Utd midfielder Anderson
- Liverpool push Fulham to drop Dempsey price
- Real Betis coach Mel leaves Tottenham's Giovani to Malaga
- Galatasaray go for Chelsea attacker Kalou

[h1]Glazers' plans to float Manchester United make the heart sink[/h1]
The US owners hope to entice investors willing to buy Manchester United shares with reduced voting rights and no dividend, then register the company in the Cayman Islands

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif

After so many months of testing the flotation waters in Singapore, then New York, we can now see the scheme that Manchester United's owners, the US-based Glazer family, have been paying an army of bankers to orchestrate. United's debt, loaded on in 2005 for nothing more constructive than the Glazers' takeover itself, remains a sorry £423m burden, even after the club has paid out more than £500m interest, bankers' fees and charges, to service it. Now the Glazers have hit on their preferred solution: find other people prepared to pay some of it off, while the family remains in complete control.

The 231-page registration document filed with the New York Stock Exchange in preparation for a float of the famous Manchester United is the latest Glazer candidate for the most depressing document ever produced containing the word football. It features an introductory "reorganisation" map, so potential investors can navigate themselves through the tax havens within which Manchester United is to be harboured.

The Glazer family will retain control, via their company, Red Football LLC, registered in the low-tax US State of Delaware: "Upon completion of this offering, Red Football LLC will remain our [Manchester United's] principal shareholder and will continue to be owned and controlled by the six lineal descendants [five sons and one daughter] of Mr Malcolm Glazer."

The Manchester United company to be floated has been registered in the Cayman Islands. Investors will be invited to buy class A shares in that company, which will carry 10 times less the voting rights of the B shares the Glazers will issue to themselves. Nor is there a plan to pay dividends to the investors. They are asked to buy shares in the expectation their value will increase as Manchester United, described in the document as "one of the world's leading brands", further exploits its commercial potential.

Below Red Football LLC, the Glazers' vehicle in Delaware, and the public investors in the Cayman Islands-registered Manchester United Ltd, are five further holding companies, in a graphic which looks like a robot with a wonky hip. At the bottom of the chart are "various operating subsidiaries", not itemised in any further detail. Somewhere within that assortment, at the bottom of the corporate structure leading via the Cayman Islands ultimately to Delaware, is Manchester United, the football club of Sirs Matt Busby, Bobby Charlton and Alex Ferguson, still with its 0161 telephone code somewhat quaintly noted on the New York Stock Exchange document.

Some eyewatering detail is provided in the necessary information for investors, besides the already famous admission that United's debts risk "adversely affecting" the club. Indeed a legendary club, and with 20 years success in the Premier League era, United make huge money, from 76,000 supporters at Old Trafford, TV sales and all the sponsorships and commercial income the Glazers' executives wring from the "brand". Yet over the years, £500m has gone out to service the debts, and some of that is broken down.

In the nine months to 31 March this year, finance costs were £35m; in the year ended 30 June, 2011, United paid out £51.3m interest. That followed the hideous £108.6m paid out, in the year to 30 June 2010, when the Glazers last refinanced. That included £16.4m and £19.3m lost on dollar-to-pound exchange rates, and "a £11.9m one-time charge related to terminated interest rate swap agreements". Supporters asking why Ferguson has not signed top European players to complement his still admirable faith in youth, can peer at that to see where some of their club's money has gone. This stock market move is intended to reduce the debt and put United in a healthier position, but supporters see the financial interests of the Glazers at the heart of it.

One wider point should be considered, among many. This is the most momentous event at an English club since the England team tumbled out of the European Championship. Roy Hodgson's team of triers was accompanied by the age-old call for a revolution in how we think about football, for Premier League clubs, the Football Association and the whole game to the grass roots, to pull together for the common good. Days later, English football's greatest name is being re-routed to the New York Stock Exchange via the Cayman Islands, to pay debts a US family was allowed to load on, to buy one of our great clubs in the first place. That hocking of clubs in the global marketplace has always seemed at odds with a coherent approach to building a great sport, a waste of the great opportunities the modern era is providing.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/clockwatch

Oh. 
nerd.gif

Robin van Persie has announced he will not be extending his contract at Arsenal, with a statement on his official website reading: "I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions."

Damn, this reflects terribly on Arsenal management. What could Wenger/Gazidis possibly have said that would affect his decision so drastically? My condolences to the Gooners on here. 
As for the Glazers - LOL. That IPO filing was filled with high comedy, especially the reported "fan base." Leaches, the lot of them. 

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

roll.gif

Welcome to Chelsea?

laugh.gif
  Chelsea fans taking after their owner. 
Haven't ever been linked with him, and don't even really need him, but already raring to throw their owner's dirty money at him like it's their own. Shameless. 

Twitter claims from folks who claim they're in the know...(aka just random rumours)

"Van Persie will complete his move to MCFC within two weeks. Fee of around £22m. Contract worth £225k per week already agreed."

Back
Top Bottom