The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Damn man....RvP...why dis he have to do it today. Been drinking since the morning, put a slight damper on the 4t

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

roll.gif

Welcome to Chelsea?

Why would you even want him? A guy who previously spends way too many weeks on the injury table, who will never replicate the form he had, and who will break the wage structure? No thank you.

I must say that usually I would laugh at the plight of the Gooners, but I do quite feel bad about this one, as I do think that they have made strides to set themselves up to win a trophy, especially this season. On the other hand, I do understand the economics of the situation, and this will probably be his last big contract, so he has to get paid and this is going to be the time.

DLo13 wrote:
RIP to Gunner fans' livers today. You guys enjoy your 4th.

Ruined my who #*@%++! day.
mad.gif

I KNEW we weren't proactive in the transfer market to appease RVP, we were just covering our %%!%@.  

I hope he gets the same #*@%++! treatment from Arsenal fans that Nasri gets. 1 good seasons out of 8 and he wants to +@#@ off for more money? +@#@ you RVP!

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

roll.gif

Welcome to Chelsea?

laugh.gif
  Chelsea fans taking after their owner. 
Haven't ever been linked with him, and don't even really need him, but already raring to throw their owner's dirty money at him like it's their own. Shameless. 
laugh.gif
it was a joke guys.. just poking fun @ the entire situation.  Because of this Arsenal may very well have to sell him to a club with deep pockets... truthfully i'd put my money on Manchester City, but we'll see, Arsenal will most likely convince him to stay.. 

Okay... okay. Let's see, technically we've got him for this season still, maybe if we win something he'll extend his contract before it ends. Right? Right?
frown.gif

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

roll.gif

Welcome to Chelsea?

laugh.gif
  Chelsea fans taking after their owner. 
Haven't ever been linked with him, and don't even really need him, but already raring to throw their owner's dirty money at him like it's their own. Shameless. 
laugh.gif
it was a joke guys.. just poking fun @ the entire situation.  Because of this Arsenal may very well have to sell him to a club with deep pockets... truthfully i'd put my money on Manchester City, but we'll see, Arsenal will most likely convince him to stay.. 
Weren't there talks of RVP not going to any other team in the EPL, because of his deep connection to Arsenal? I thought he would end up going to Italy (Juventus) or France (PSG).

Arsenal and Barca fan checkin in
Gonna tryna to post more this year
That RVP news cut me deep man........
30t6p3b.gif

its obvious where rvp is going he will go to city get paid 200+ a week and only play about 15 matches in the epl.......the life

I'd love to laugh.. But the same thing is gonna happen to us with Modric, and probably VDV
frown.gif

Originally Posted by GMA 11

I'd love to laugh.. But the same thing is gonna happen to us with Modric, and probably VDV
frown.gif
Biggest difference with the RVP situation is that he says he is leaving the club because of the direction Arsenal want to go. Had it not been for Arsenal in the first place i.e. buying young players, being patient, and letting them develop, RVP would've been gone a long time ago. But it has made this great week even better

Modric just signed a long term deal meaning that Levy will only take a good offer for him and VDV will only go to Hamburg if they put a huge bid on the table. Not too worried as I feel VDV will be much less effective under AVB and Oscar and Gylfi would fit in much better.

RVP
frown.gif

If he leaves the EPL best wishes. If he goes to City he can burn in hell.

Interesting conflict.. on one hand, Arsene Wenger's approach towards building a strong squad has been flawed . How long does a player wait?
On the other hand, Arsenal was very patient with Robin van Persie through his injury struggles. It wasn't always this sunny in London for the Dutchman. Is this how you repay loyalty? I have no doubt in my mind that Real Madrid or Barcelona would've sent him to the glue factory years ago.

Some of you AFC fans need to chill...although RVP is a great striker...he's not going to have another season like he did last season...

Relax....Giroud has lots of talent and time...

Does anyone know Darren Dein's client list because this guy has been getting revenge for his father one player at a time every summer. And if RVP wanted to leave it could have been done in a much different way instead putting down the club, taking false jabs at Ivan, and lowering his transfer value.

PS if you noticed he never asked for a transfer hence saving his loyalty bonus when he's sold, i get more disgusted by the second

Originally Posted by GMA 11

frown.gif

i actually dont see VDV leaving, modric is probably gone this year, which is a good thing for VDV unless they sign a midfielder

Not how I wanted it to go, but well played by Corinthians. Worthy South American champions. 

Last edited:
Corinthians win the Copa Libertadores...2-0 fulltime,3-1 on aggregate against Boca Juniors...

EDIT: saw the post made by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Some of you AFC fans need to chill...although RVP is a great striker...he's not going to have another season like he did last season...

Relax....Giroud has lots of talent and time...

If he's healthy, he will, imo that much is pretty certain. His strike rate over the last 5 years has been pretty consistent, his time on the field hasn't. The guy defines world class talent, if he's healthy he will put up out of this world numbers. Bet.

Checking in.

Good riddance to Pogba. He checked out months ago and gave no damns about the club. Let's see him break into that midfield in Juve.

Ferguson hinted at maybe another signing or two before the season starts. I want to see us grab another left back and another midfielder, preferably a defensive one.

Even though Galaxy lost, it was great seeing Omar Gonzalez make his debut after being out for about 6 months with an ACL injury. Hopefully this will fix our defensive problems.

Frank Lampard was in attendance
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Checking in.

Good riddance to Pogba. He checked out months ago and gave no damns about the club. 
What comes around, goes around. Perhaps you should look into just how much of a damn he and United gave about the club he was at before. 
Sidenote: I always laugh when fans get mad when a player who they poached off another club's academy shows a lack of loyalty. If someone isn't loyal to the club that developed him when a good offer came around, why would he be loyal when an even better one comes around a few years later?  

The way RvP handled this was weak.
30t6p3b.gif

Better off cutting a deal now and put the money to good use. We need another midfielder and defender.

word.. keeping rvp is dumb imo.. lets say he has another bad yr, his value drops.. cash in while you still can, and let him become some other teams problem .. while i think his move deff shows a lack of loyalty atleast he came right out with this.. gives management more time to find players... this will not be as damaging as cesc leaving tho

as for the pogba situation.. united fans are upset because he left for financial reasons.. imo he had more of a shot breaking into our first team then he does at juve.. when he came to us it was to play in a stronger team.. he is leaving because of money.. hard to respect a kid like that... just shows how football is going down hill, kids who aren't even a part of first team having wage demands? Im glad we are not a club that buys into that, nor do we need to

Back
Top Bottom