The Underachievers >>>>>>>>> *

A sorta hip-hop detox is emerging (Not Dre) and is getting rid of all the trap rap toxins to pave way for these young corner sages and indigo MC's.  East Coast version of TDE, perhaps? We need Premier to produce for this group. 

Music is very dope :pimp: Definitely will check for them from now on. Props on putting NT on. Do they have a mixtape/album out yet? :nerd:

Video wise they can do better than the in the room with your boys smoking and rapping and then in post production just adding all the graphics and animation. Like I get it yall love bud :lol:

Probably like Gold Soul Theory the most from what I heard :smokin All quality though.

Last edited:
INDIGOISM mixtape coming soon bros.

Some more piff in the mean time...

Probably my favorite track from them.

The beat, their flow and the hook :pimp:

Last edited:
A sorta hip-hop detox is emerging (Not Dre) and is getting rid of all the trap rap toxins to pave way for these young corner sages and indigo MC's.

Real rap.

There is still a large and growing contingent of Hip-Slop but something new and refreshing is being reborn.

So ill....

Last edited:
"Herb Shuttles" goes hard. Where did these dudes come from? I saw YAMS post their video on his tumblr, and I've been a fan since then.

A sorta hip-hop detox is emerging (Not Dre) and is getting rid of all the trap rap toxins to pave way for these young corner sages and indigo MC's.  East Coast version of TDE, perhaps? We need Premier to produce for this group. 
hey :smokin

new era :pimp:

Last edited:
I'ma just accept this the sound of young cats in NYC right now

The beats are on point and atleast they tryna kick some knowledge even tho I ain't a fan of how its spread nowadays

I'm loving that Ancient Black Empowerment feel that's slowly growing.

I've seen this group on blogs but always passed them by. I'm going to bump the tape and see how it feels..

Write up from DatPiff::

As members of the Beast Coast movement (which includes Joey Bad***** and his Pro Era crew), The Underachievers are part of the new wave of rappers that have been coming out of New York. But they’re also repping the West: last summer the duo signed to Flying Lotus’ label in LA, Brainfeeder. ‘Indigoism’ marks the first Brainfeeder/Underachievers collaboration. Dropping February 1st, the 17-track mixtape features the duo’s underground hits (including ‘Gold Soul Theory,’ ‘Herb Shuttles’ and ‘Leopard Shepherd’), in addition to brand new tracks produced by the likes of Mr Bristol, Rich Flyer, The Entreproducers, Bruce Lee Kixxs, Juice and Lou Chapo from Tribe Gang, and Dreamrite. Listening to their sage lyrics, it’s hard to believe they’re only 21 (Ak) and 22 (Issa Dash) years old. And on the strength of ‘Indigoism,’ it’s near impossible to believe that up until 9 months ago, Ak and Dash had no set intention to be in the rap game at all. As they say themselves: “Indigos on the rise.”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom