The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

basketball-lebron-james.gif

Go Thunder. Tanking works. Pay attention San Antonio

Given that SA is also a small market, they can get away with tanking like this. When a big market like Philly tries it, you'll see an intervention from Mr Silver.

I'm curious to see what the Wizards, Cavs, and Blazers are going to do. Do they focus on the draft or trade their picks + pieces to be competitive next season.
  • Cavs: What will they do with Sexton, can they reach an agreement? Or will he be part of a sign and trade with the pick for a wing that can be a cornerstone (if any are available).
  • Portland: they seem to have fallen so not sure if the #7 pick can offer anyone with big upside. I gotta admit, I am not too familiar with the prospects outside of the top 5 this year. Should they go for someone like Grant? Is he worth trading a #7 pick for? How good is Portland with drafting? Do they even have a real GM right now?
  • Wizards: I'm really not sure what their goal is, seems to be just to get competitive. No interest in making a championship run. Is Beal looking to get paid and then ask for a trade? That's a real possibility. Is he worth a supermax? Absolutely not.
Side note: I think the Pels are better off keeping their pick and drafting the best talent available. They are not dependant on the pick in any way shape or form so they can take a high risk high reward player there. They are in a great spot.

Portland: they seem to have fallen so not sure if the #7 pick can offer anyone with big upside. I gotta admit, I am not too familiar with the prospects outside of the top 5 this year. Should they go for someone like Grant? Is he worth trading a #7 pick for? How good is Portland with drafting? Do they even have a real GM right now?

from what I’ve heard they prefer to trade the pick, but not for Grant.

they want to use other pieces (the pick they got from NO, Keon Johnson, Eric Bledsoe’s contract) for Grant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom