The US Election is Coming Up: Are You Ready?

Hey NT fam, I’m a volunteer for Pizza to the Polls. We deliver 50,000+ meals every day and want to do more every day leading up to Election Day!

I could really use your help to report these long lines in your local polls. If you’re standing in line, holler at us and we’ll get the pizzas to you directly!

I’m working through this entire weekend and every day through Election Day. I hope y’all will join me in democratizing this election with pizza!

20201028_121348.jpg

It took less than 30 minutes, everyone was wearing masks and gloves. Just sucks thinking about the millions of Americans that don't have it as easy as I do when it comes to voting smh.

My mail-in ballot took 8 days to arrive (when first class USPS normally takes 3 days for the same route).

It's certainly possible it arrived faster than that but it wasn't entered into the system until later. Either way, if you haven't sent your ballot in yet and it has to travel some distance, consider upgrading to a faster delivery method. Just make sure your state will accept that mail carrier.

Man I gotta say there might be something to voter fraud :lol:

I just voted early and man they ain't check nothing. I looked online and it said you needed id but they didn't even ask.

I said my first and last name, old lady turned tablet/ipad to me and asked if this was me, I said yes, gave a signature and then went to vote. I could've named my father's name or homey down the block as long as I knew they didn't vote and voted for them. Told my sister and they aint ask her for it either.

Last edited:
Man I gotta say there might be something to voter fraud :lol:

I just voted early and man they ain't check nothing. I looked online and it said you needed id but they didn't even ask.

I said my first and last name, old lady turned tablet/ipad to me and asked if this was me, I said yes, gave a signature and then went to vote. I could've named my father's name or homey down the block as long as I knew they didn't vote and voted for them. Told my sister and they aint ask her for it either.
I had to show ID but my wife didn’t. I suspect it was because my first time voting since I moved here 5 years ago.

I had to show ID but my wife didn’t. I suspect it was because my first time voting since I moved here 5 years ago.
Well I voted voted years ago but didn't 2 years ago and they changed the voting location in my neighborhood from the school to a few blocks away and the ppl there didn't even act like I needed id.

I really felt I could've sent somebody to vote for me or vote as someone else as long as I knew their name and they didn't vote yet :lol:

Voted last week and walked in and walked out.
Ended up chatting with an older volunteer lady who got emotional explaining how sad it is able bodied people just didn’t vote. Behind us was an elderly man with a walker who struggled to stand up for about ten minutes. He clearly gave his all to vote.

It is great to see everyone voting.

Don't neglect the midterm elections (in 2 years) as well. It as just as consequential for electing the Senate and the House, along with all the statewide elections and issues. The 2018 midterms went a long way and the 2022 elections will be very important as well.

I prefer the midterm elections more but love seeing the turnout in voting so far from CNN

Back
Top Bottom