The Utah Jazz are starting to scare the...

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

and these idiot laker fans at work think it will be a cake walk if they play them in the 1st round
ohwell.gif

Stop it. Who is saying that?

Utah can't beat the Spurs or the Lakers. They are beastin right now though. it'll be interesting because they aren't too far from the Fourth spotin the west. They have some easy games coming up though. We shall see. I just hope Boozer can come back strong

Originally Posted by Verdykt

Utah can't beat the Spurs or the Lakers. They are beastin right now though. it'll be interesting because they aren't too far from the Fourth spot in the west. They have some easy games coming up though. We shall see. I just hope Boozer can come back strong

utah's 2 good matchups away from pulling a 2007 and going to the wcf again ill put it at that.

they can give the lakers a tough run if they meet, and they did just that last year, being tied 2-2 and have having numerous chances to go ahead in game 5, against either of those teams, the lakers or the spurs, if they steal a game on the road its their series to win but i just don't see them taking a roadgame against either of those teams, especially san antonio. if they finish with a better record then the spurs and get home court i like their chances againstthe spurs.

Of course the Jazz are looking good. They would be the third seed if Deron had never gotten injured.

LOL @ Orlando being a joke, they have 3 guys who can drop 30 on any given night and Dwight is a beast offensively and defensively.

Utah have had a great season so far and this is without Boozer, I expect them to make a crazy run once he has his legs under him.

I still think we can beat Utah and LA if healthy with Manu, but i rather not see them in the 2nd round. I rather take New Orleans (those bums) and break theirhearts again or any of those other bottom 5 bums. But Utah would give us a serious fight. People fail to forget that a healthy Boozer and Millsap for us istrouble because Bonner and Okur may have similar games, but Duncan will get into f/t somehow in Utah guarding those two guys. I guess we can expect a healthydose of Fabricio.

Utah's definitely solid but I dont see ANYONE beating LA in a seven game series out West. I'll be totally shocked if LA didn't make the Finals andif Boston or Cleveland didn't.

i can see them beating san antonio in a playoff series and give the lakers a tough one but i STILL think the LAKERS are coming out of the west

Originally Posted by jepeh21

always hating on melo and the nuggets,smh
Its not even that. I'm a Melo fan but I honestly can't see them beating any of the teams in the west in a 7 game series. they might have ashot against Portland, but thats it.

Well, best thing they'll do is the WCF. If they beat the Spurs, that is because the other team will be,of course, the Lakers..

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Originally Posted by jepeh21

always hating on melo and the nuggets,smh
Its not even that. I'm a Melo fan but I honestly can't see them beating any of the teams in the west in a 7 game series. they might have a shot against Portland, but thats it.

i think denver will make some noise this year, if they don't get the lakers or san antonio in the 1st round, they'll at least get out the firstround this year. there seeded 3 and unlike in 05-06 when they had the 3 seed only because they won there horrible divison, this year they actually have the3rd best record in the west, they'll have home court in the first round and they should finally be able to get over the hump.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I'm not convinced with Denver either.

they remind me of the kg era twolves for whatever reason, constant 1st round exits, then they finally get the help needed to get them over the hump.
sprewell et 03-04 twolves, billups 08-09 nuggets. the billups trade turned that team into a 38 win team on decline that played no defense and had to manynumber 1 main guy options into a 50 win team thats playing much more team oriented.

in my opinion, the Lakers beat them last year.

Utah stayed the same, the Lakers got better

Therefore, Lakers will beat them again this year.

will the spurs got it this year in the west...
did yall see what Parker did the last two games?
without Timmy and Manu....

we will get to WCF...lakers look scary though...

but to put things in perspective...we could have taken that series last year...

Game 1: we were leading by 20 pts at one point on the road; final score: 89-85 we lost
Game 2: 101-71 clearly lost
Game 3: 103-84 romp of the Lakers
Game 4: The Spurs inbounded it to Brent Barry who pump faked Fisher into the air however instead of going up and drawing contact Barry tried to drive aroundFisher he was then forced to throw up a miracle shot that was way off sealing a 93-91 win for the Lakers. Numerous times during this game we could have pulledaway, and clear foul down the stretch.
Game 5: Was very much like game 1 the Spurs came out and took a big lead as they had as much as a 17 point lead at 33-16 early in the second quarter. Howevermuch like game 1 the Lakers came storming back this time much earlier as the Lakers cut the lead to 6 by the half giving myself a very good feeling that wewouldn't win. 100-92

4-1

So we play mr. hypothetical now, first game we could have won...then we would have lost game 2, won game 3, could have won game 4 and 5...In all honestly, theseries could have been 4-1 for the spurs.

But that is how the dice rolls.

Back
Top Bottom