The Vegas Line - Is Anyone Ever Amazed How Accurate it is?

Quote:
like line, over/under, point spread, moneylines, parley,
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

Vegas oddsmakers are RIDICULOUS at their job. Seriously, the only way to consistently win big, is to follow a small college conference (like the MAC), study it all the time and only bet those games. Then you can win, because oddsmakers simply don't pay as much attention to it
Team Economics​
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.​
Member of the Steeler Nation
IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL Champions​

^thanks a lot, but can you elaborate on this?
Quote:
Line - The Ravens are +9 points and the Steelers -9. This means the Ravens can either win outright or lose by 8, if they lose by 9, its a push. The Steelers must win by 10, if they win by 9 its a push
TEAM NTWikia

It's a tie...you'd get your money back.
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

so if i wanted to win money, i would say "give me __$ on the ravens" and if they win i get the moneyline ($340) plus my bet of ___?
or if they lost by 8 i would win also?
TEAM NTWikia

Only if you bet $100 would you win $340.

if you bet $10 you would win $34

so it's times 3.4..like if the moneyline was +540...10 bucks would get you $54 (times 5.4)

Quote:
or if they lost by 8 i would win also?
HOYAS

okay, so with the line/point spread, if i bet on the game for Baltimore, i would be betting on either the Ravens winning, OR losing by 8 or greater? is that right?
TEAM NTWikia

Quote:
if i bet on the game for Baltimore, i would be betting on either the Ravens winning, OR losing by 8 or greater? is that right?

OR losing by 8 or LESS
HOYAS

Quote:
But as we know after the initial line is drawn up its then based on the public's betting patterns
You must be the change you want to see in the world​

is it really that hard to understand? spread is designed so that you don't have to decide "okay should I bet $100 on team A when the payout is $70, or should I bet $100 on team B who sucks but the payout is $140? or if I wanna win $100 I have to bet how much again? $233.33?"

To make it simple for bettors, the bookie makes a claim as to what is the difference in quality between 2 teams. He says "I think team A will beat team B by ___ points"

You look at that claim, and decide whether it is too large or too small.
"It's simple for everyone else, give 'em a Big Mac and a pair of Nikes and they're happy..." - Ghost World

At times, I wonder if these oddsmakers can tell the future. It's crazy how accurate they are with the spreads.
TEAM BLACKBERRY
the stylish way to get things done

TeamClippers​

Back
Top Bottom