The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by LB510

The tape is ok.

Seriously....okay is really all this is so far
Maybe I'm just tired, but this isn't anything special to me

edit
A second listen it's pretty good. I like Frank Ocean more though

This is a very good mixtape, completely different from what everyone else is releasing right now...gotta love the honesty through the music...."I been taking drugs, we just never act a fool"

He's really not that fantastic of a singer.

I'm also pretty tired of this wail through a filter RnB but this is cool......overrated but its cool.

These seriously sound like fleshed out and better written Drake interludes/RnB attempts...i cant say im surprised Drake benched the Rnb tape knowing this was coming

It's the internet though so "omgz lolz The Weeknd>>>>everyone else who sings"

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by LB510

The tape is ok.

Seriously....okay is really all this is so far
Maybe I'm just tired, but this isn't anything special to me

edit
A second listen it's pretty good. I like Frank Ocean more though

I thought Frank Ocean's Nostalgia tape was not good at all. This mixtapes makes it look like #+*!. The range of sounds and emotion in this mixtape is crazy. The production is incredible.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

I thought Frank Ocean's Nostalgia tape was not good at all. This mixtapes makes it look like #+*!. The range of sounds and emotion in this mixtape is crazy. The production is incredible.

This.

This mixtape is cool. Really like House of Balloons. Frank Ocean's Nostalgia was cool too. Didn't like it at first but the album grew on me after a couple more listens.

Originally Posted by high off kicks

Robby Valentino wrote:

He's really not that fantastic of a singer.

I think he hits high notes better than the Dream.

The Dream's voice is terrible...so what is that actually saying?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dunk These

yall pronounce this dude (or group): the Week End or the Weakened?

Actually, this is a good question.  I'm not 100% sure, but I THINK it's pronounced the "Week End".  He just wanted to be cool and remove the "n" lol.  I think it means that he lives life like it's the weekend everyday.  Probably would get along with Wiz, Chevy Woods and Curren$y lol

tape is solid...the morning, the party & after party prolly my top 2 off here

real chill....very Dream-%@#, minus the polish...got potential tho

ive listened to a bit. the singing is okay, the lyrics are very ambiguous, as a whole very chill vibe music. but NT needs to stop running around saying every new artist to come out is the end all be all. thats why i dont jump to listen to these artists' you be gasing.

drake is a very talented lyricist and make music masses can relate to. The-dream is a talented hit maker. these new coke-r&b artists are okay, but they still lack maturity in their song writing.

Originally Posted by Robby Valentino

I think he hits high notes better than the Dream.
The Dream's voice is terrible...so what is that actually saying?
laugh.gif
lol Dream tries though
Dream is my $*$#!$ dude but that's never a good defense.
laugh.gif

romedadude

thank you so much for your great recommendations.

i got the king ep, 3 tracks ... these girls are ill

and the jaspects ... got their 3 albums .... all i can say is WOW, POLKADOTTED STRIPES IS BEAUTIFUL. i feel super late, its a shame they broke up, but at least we got something!

with these frank ocean and the weeknd, i'm a happy girl

thank you sir

The Morning is the go to
pimp.gif

dude facebook page said something about "Thursday" I guess its another EP coming

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

romedadude

thank you so much for your great recommendations.

i got the king ep, 3 tracks ... these girls are ill

and the jaspects ... got their 3 albums .... all i can say is WOW, POLKADOTTED STRIPES IS BEAUTIFUL. i feel super late, its a shame they broke up, but at least we got something!

with these frank ocean and the weeknd, i'm a happy girl

thank you sir

No problem, yeah it sucks that Jaspects broke up. It's ironic because I found out them in May 2009, illegally downloaded The Polkadotted Stripe, then they just so happened to open up for Devin the Dude the next month and they were selling the album for $5 after the show. I was geeked to buy the album. I uploaded a few tracks on YouTube a while back. But, I have a few more tracks that they were featured on too. I'll get around to making a blog post about them eventually.

Originally Posted by cartune

The Morning is the go to
pimp.gif

dude facebook page said something about "Thursday" I guess its another EP coming

Tune they dont hear you tho...track is too playa
Dude said he givin us 3 EPs this year 
pimp.gif

All that money, the money is the motive...girrrl put in work, girl girrrl put in wooorrrrk !

Back
Top Bottom