The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by Jking0821

Copped 8 tickets to Florance and the Machine at merriweather 
laugh.gif

Was debating between doing GA or lawn and just went with lawn since the people i am going with are florance fans and im basically only going to see the weeknd.  I wanted GA but didn't want to try to figure out how to get 8 tickets GA with a 2 ticket limit.  there was a 4 ticket limit for lawn so i just ordered 4 and had my friend order 4.

any other NTers going?? NT summit at merriweather?  Camo shorts and Roshe runs
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
I'll be there! 
pimp.gif

And if all goes as planned it's just gonna' be me, these three chicks and copious amounts of stimulants.

%%+$!*$ bummed. SOMEHOW the SD show is the same night as Black Keys, and i've got free box seats for that, so looks like i'm gonna have to hit up LA...not gonna lie, saw the debut Coachella performance and it's kind of hazy for me...

i like his songs and all but from all the videos ive seen of him live on youtube, he is NOT a very good live singer.

Originally Posted by boomboomskeetskeet

listened to all his stuff and I don't get the hype/buzz. I'll even say lil homie can't sing.

roll.gif

I wanna see you see hit some of the notes he hits.

listened to all his stuff and I don't get the hype/buzz. I'll even say lil homie can't sing.

It's one thing not to like an artist, fine, but don't say he can't sing, that's stupidity.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

It's one thing not to like an artist, fine, but don't say he can't sing, that's stupidity.

Lil dude is pitchy and at times leans off key. Just my observations. what in my statement shows any stupidity?

Lil dude is pitchy and at times leans off key. Just my observations. what in my statement shows any stupidity?
i agree. he is VERY pitchy and is OFTEN off key in all the live performance videos ive seen of him so far.
i liked him much better b4 i heard him singing live.

Had house of balloons on full affect with this weekend fling. Now its hard listening cause im reminded of her.
But I must say, this dudes music really sets the mood for lovin

House of balloons is my fav out the 3 and I will be purchasing tickets to the MD show

Originally Posted by slim420

i agree. he is VERY pitchy and is OFTEN off key in all the live performance videos ive seen of him so far.

welll technically.....if you only watched videos.....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

Originally Posted by slim420

welll technically.....if you only watched videos.....
laugh.gif
i really wanted you to finish that sentence so i can pick apart your failed logic.
but ill go head and do that anyway. yes ive only watched videos. so what? videos are enough to judge someones singing ability. just AUDIO would be enough.

in fact, being at his live show probably would make it difficult for you to be objective about his singing ability due to the atmosphere, crowd noise, and most importantly that youre a fan since youre at the show. 

ive seen the coachella performance of him in its entirety, which compared to other vids floating on the internet has very clear sound and isnt muffled by crowd noise.

dude is definitely NOT a good live singer. compare his videos to someone who CAN sing, i donno someone like d'angelo, or craig david or someone similar. 

dem dudes actually sound better live than on the studio versions of their songs. its night n day difference really.

nah, seen him live in LA. dudes voice was on point. i haven't watched coachella video or any other video...i seen him live and he sounded pretty good and on key to me. being a fan plays into it...but if he was terrible then it would be quite obvious. also hes not gonna sing it exactly as how it sounds on the recording...thats why its a recording, it can be multiple takes and plenty of edits to get correct. and they dont always try to sound like how they did it on the recording, they do switch it up.

all in all i just dont see that many complaints to be had if you're actually there. i imagine its hard to judge from camera recordings, even if they're good cameras...because they're not professionally recorded. but each singer is due for some off tune and bad keys here and there.

Back
Top Bottom