The Wolf of Wall Street Trailer

this movie is a dark comedy that is very easily enjoyable based on the momentum, pacing and energy of the story. It's not really on the scale of Goodfellas or other rise-and-fall epic stories. As I've read elsewhere, it's basically the last 30 minutes of Goodfellas stretched out to 3 hours and it should be taken as that. It is pure entertainment IMO. 

Can't really compare it to other more serious, developed films like some mentioned in this thread. It's a comedy and a fantastic one at that. 

My god this movie was WILD!!! Loved every second of it! Leo's performance was nothing short of AMAZING :smokin :smokin :smokin

a bore?
visually it was stunning, youd probably agree that the cinematography was just amazing. that alone could keep me engaged
it had a lot of silence (maybe why you thought it was slow) but i thought it used the same techniques as drive, and was just as effective

from what ive gathered harmony korine, through his work, he just wants you to feel something (look at gummo, or that movie about him starting physical altercations with ppl)
springbreakers was so visceral, and to hear the direct describe like a "drug experience" i thought that was just perfect

you can start at 1:47 to hear his point, but i'd watch all (its only 6 minutes) it's really insightful- they just let him talk! awesome interview

idk, to me these two films were similar in a lot of ways, so i'd understand why u might not like either of them

I think Springbreakers is going to go down like KIDS did. When it first came out people were like this sucks, then ten years later it was hailed as one of the best films of that generation.

Brit , Candy , Cotty and Faith have been best friends since grade school. They live together in a boring college dorm and are hungry for adventure. All they have to do is save enough money for spring break to get their shot at having some real fun. A serendipitous encounter with rapper "Alien"  promises to provide the girls with all the thrill and excitement they could hope for. With the encouragement of their new friend, it soon becomes unclear how far the girls are willing to go to experience a spring break they will never forget.

Ironically it'll be loved once it is forgotten then rediscovered by another generation.

There are drugs and violence....this movie is

Last edited:
a bore?
visually it was stunning, youd probably agree that the cinematography was just amazing. that alone could keep me engaged
it had a lot of silence (maybe why you thought it was slow) but i thought it used the same techniques as drive, and was just as effective

Sure, it was pretty to watch, but I too was very disappointed and bored overall. I saw much more out of Drive acting/plot development wise than I did OGF.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the FBI agent mentions the case being dropped on his desk and that being the only reason he pursues Belfort. Not likely dude has an agenda until maybe when Jordan ***** on him on the boat.

This is a biopic about Jordan Belfort. Not Wall Street and other brokers.

Kids is a ****** movie ten years ago and twenty years from now. Y'all kill me with that hype.

Last edited:
OGF was definitely visually stunning, the cinematography was definitely good. But the story and pacing were just too slow for me to really like it, which sucks because I was really looking forward to it since Blue Valentine was so good.

Springbreakers, man... I haven't had a worse time at the theaters this whole year than I did when I seen that shh. Even if they expected us to look deeper into the message or whatever, I just didn't care... okay, we get it - it's spring break, stop reiterating that damn words over and over in a stupid *** voice 50 times. I thought Franco did a good job as Alien, but that's pretty much about it. I couldn't wait for it to end.

How those white girls managed to spray an entire mansion full of trained killers and just drive away in a burnt orange stick shift sports car and make it out of town....I'll never understand

How those white girls managed to spray an entire mansion full of trained killers and just drive away in a burnt orange stick shift sports car and make it out of town....I'll never understand
It's a movie...just like in the Wolf of Wall Street when Leo says "I almost forgot, I'm rich" he did so much and just walked away...this wild *** life and they just walk away like nothing at all...that dichonomy, the truth that morality means nothing if you have the right look.

The same guy that did Kids did Springbreakers...those kids were living wild as hell in that movie, there were like three parents in this whole movie, they went to really adult parties but were only 13, going to raves, getting drugs...it's just crazy enough to be believable.

Saw the movie last night

Didn't think it was amazing but thought it was highly entertaining

Leo is my favorite actor.. but I dont want his first Oscar to come from a comedy role.. which it wont anyway. He was truly robbed for The Aviator.

Leo is my favorite actor.. but I dont want his first Oscar to come from a comedy role.. which it wont anyway. He was truly robbed for The Aviator.

Although it wasn't gonna go to anyone other than Jaime for Ray, I completely agree.. that was probably my favorite performance from Leo, he was truly immersed in that role. Such a great performance/movie.

Jamie's performance in Ray that year was immaculate too though.

He really got robbed on Catch Me If You Can, not even nominated.

I honestly only watched this because of Leo :lol: . I watch every Leo movie.

Great movie, Jonah hill was hysterical :lol:

:smokin

movie had me thinkin about American Greed

these dudes usually dont do that much time

they threw the book at madoff though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom