The word ******

Is this a racist term or just a general term for dark skinned people? I was lead to believe it was racist till I was watching Corey Holcomb's 5150 internet show a while back and Darlene(a cohost who is Mexican) said it wasn't racist. Then I heard a Hispanic coworker at my job use the term while talking to someone with me and another Black dude nearby which made me wonder. I asked Columbian and Peruvian people I worked with about it and they said they never heard that word before. Was this chick talking greasy?

I tagged y’all because you guys are the most outspoken people as it relate to racism and social injustice.

I figured y’all can give some insight.

I’m not the most well versed on Spanish slang terms I’ll check it out in the am

Definitely heard ****** in films and shows. I always just assumed it was derogatory.

this girl i was w/ beat the hell outta some chick for calling me that word a few years. :rofl: i had no clue i was being insulted.

Some Hispanic people might try to defend it, but it is definitely used as the N-Word but with Er.
Mah-Yah-Te if you ever hear it you have every right to be offended, & I’d say throw hands.

I'm Colombian and have never heard of this word. We might say moreno/a to refer to a black individual but that's not meant to be derogatory

Back
Top Bottom