"The Wrestler" MORE than lived up to expectations....

I just watched this the other night, and it was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. The storyline is predictable, but the acting...moreimportantly, Mickey Rourke was
eek.gif
Dude BECAME Randy the Ram. I don't want to give too much away, but the "cut" scene was
eek.gif
smh.gif
pimp.gif
all atthe same time. Someone at work told me he REALLY cut himself in the ring...how insane is that? Also, the humor from the deli scene when he was foolin'around w. the customers was awesome...last but not least.... :

marisa-tomei-picture-1.jpg

pimp.gif

FOR THE SLOW FOLK...DO NOT CLICK THE SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE!!!!

Spoiler [+]
So, do you all think that Randy died at the end? The director kinda left it up to interpretation....

The ending left me like meh. Overall though I like the movie because Randy's life is so real. People are like that to me in general. You get loved andhated by people you meet through life because of your actions, or the way people interpret what you are trying to put out in life. Realistic storytelling, Iliked the Wrestler.

thanks man you gave me something to do tonight lol, im gonna check this out

people forget Mickey Rourke was an amazing actor who just went a little nuts and had to have plastic surgery all over the place. he's one of the bestactors if his generation

rumblefish
pimp.gif

Movie was great and I don't know how to use the spoiler or else I would tell you my opinion on what happened
laugh.gif

Overall I felt the movie went beyond expectations. As for the ending, I think he did. He was having problems during the match, but I liked how it was left tointerpretation.

movie was good, just so damn sad.
Marisa Tomei would get it. Repeatedly.

-J-

Originally Posted by kamakazipnoygt

Overall I felt the movie went beyond expectations. As for the ending, I think he did. He was having problems during the match, but I liked how it was left to interpretation.
Exactly how I felt about the movie.

Mickey Rourke was robbed of that Oscar

even Sean Penn knows it was a crock of BS

an actor playing a gay character won an actor playing a wrestler b/c of backstage Oscar politics

Good movie but Sean Penn did a better job in Milk. Marrisa Tome was so dope looking. I thought her getting naked like crazy was a cry for a failing actress butregardless, she looks dope still.

Originally Posted by infamousod

people forget Mickey Rourke was an amazing actor who just went a little nuts and had to have plastic surgery all over the place. he's one of the best actors if his generation

rumblefish
pimp.gif
Pope of Greenwich Village
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I liked the movie a lot, really depressing though. I love how the ending is left to your own interpretations. For me I feel

Spoiler [+]
He doesn't die on the spot but continues on dies soon after maybe in a match or overdose at home.

Def good movie, my dude didn't like it, but its wierd cuase he's a hard core wrestlin fan, go figure
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Good movie but Sean Penn did a better job in Milk. Marrisa Tome was so dope looking. I thought her getting naked like crazy was a cry for a failing actress but regardless, she looks dope still.

monsters.jpg

laugh.gif
worked for her....

but nah...I get what you're saying...between The Wrestler and Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, she's shown A LOT of skin in the past couple ofyears....not that I'm complaining...she's gorgeous...and she's over 40 I think also...

Spoiler [+]
When the film debuted at the Cannes festival(not 100% what festival it was) Randy landed the move and got the pin.

This is one of the better movies I have seen in a LONG time. Randy's hardships felt so damn real.

Some tidbits.

- All the locker room dialogue was not scripted.

- Mickey Rourke really did cut himself for the cut scene.

- In the first deli scene those were real customers making real purchases.

The Wrestler was one of my favorite movies last year.. GREAT movie. I will say that Sean Penn did a better job in Milk, though.

The steroid dealer was a dealer in real life and recently got arrested.

The casting choices were perfect for this movie. Rourke and Tomei were so great because this was the story of their careers.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Good movie but Sean Penn did a better job in Milk. Marrisa Tome was so dope looking. I thought her getting naked like crazy was a cry for a failing actress but
regardless, she looks dope still.

monsters.jpg

laugh.gif
worked for her....

but nah...I get what you're saying...between The Wrestler and Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, she's shown A LOT of skin in the past couple of years....not that I'm complaining...she's gorgeous...and she's over 40 I think also...

Yeah...true on Halle Berry. She did like some Hallmark movie before that kind of did some work for her career but Monsters Ball put her on the map. WithMarrisa Tome, she got an Oscar for My Cousin Vinny and never did anything since then (from what I have seen) In The Wrestler, she was good...even though I likethe NY accent on her and character in My Cousin Vinny.

Back
Top Bottom