THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s cap lol
The only bad parts of the state is the mountains and anything east of Raleigh
And isn’t MD country as hell outside of BMore and southern Maryland lol

Woah woah...east of Raleigh produces the best hoopers from the state. Gotta put some respect on the 2-5....the rednecks and the cops do be wilding over here though.

Ehh.......

Kyle-Lowry-STACK.png

In 2018
Demar Derozan was still on the Raptors
Dwayne Casey was still the coach
Pascal Siakam hadn’t won MIP
Raptors hadn’t become NBA Champions
Win 4 straight after dropping 2 to MVP Giannis
Marc Gasol hadn’t made Embiid his step son
FVV hadn’t clamped Curry in the finals
Nick Nurse hadn’t won COTY

Lebron still played on the Cavs
Tyrone Lue was still a head coach
JR Smith was still a Cav

I'm seeing that his age is a major qualifier. If he were 31 but for some reason had just cracked the league 2 years ago and still put up all the same numbers, exactly, would you still support him the same?
age is a huge qualifier in sports.. at 31, the window for growth and getting better is much smaller if not closed. He's fancy player and a deep shooter with elite vision, but at 31, expectations that his skills will diminish soon are likely as his speed diminishes. At 21, being fancy and a deep shooter with elite vision is elite, because he's so far from his physical prime, it's highly likely he gets better in the facets of the game he's already doing well in with so much forseeable time to train his craft. His window is a door wall currently.

Yeah but I don't think anyone had the Raps being THIS good still along with all the missed time.

I'm fairly certain the awards going to NN but this is a valid point you made.

Yea' I thought Raps would be good, but didn't expect Siakam's meteoric rise and wasn't sure what 2020 Lowry/Gasol was going to get you

he got hot for 2 seconds. had b2b 3s just like that meme. Figured he'd go in flame thrower mode after. Missed all subsequent shots moving forwards. Then checks out of game.

#Bubble.
Yup - thought the same too but then OG hit B2B 3’s as well and that ended that haha

Yeah but I don't think anyone had the Raps being THIS good still along with all the missed time.

I'm fairly certain the awards going to NN but this is a valid point you made.
The Raptors being completely dominant with all that missed time is way more impressive. Even without it he’s coach of the year to me. Memphis has a good amount of young high level talent. I know they are young but guys like Jonas and Kyle Anderson are guys who came from winning situations who are helping big. All that said they are 32-34. It’s surprising but there’s almost always a team like that. Dominating after losing arguably the best player in the game is unheard of and pretty much never happens.

Billy Donavan? OKC is another team that has a significantly better record as compared to what most people expected.
I am an OKC fan but Donovan is probably over Jenkins also to me. OKC was supposed to be a bottom feeder. Everyone thought that coming in.

I think Jenkins did a fine job with the Hornets, but they’re still a bad team. It’s great he helped keep them at merely bad instead of god awful, but not worthy of COTY IMO.

I don’t think they have nearly enough late game shotmaking. But this is why we play the games.
I think Lowry/FVF/Siakam is good enough, especially if they are going to defend in a similar manner to what we saw last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom