THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish he’d leave Portland. Portland is gonna suffer by trying too long with the Dame and CJ combo.

Would be very hard for them to convinc a top FA to come there too. Sadly they'd have to blow it up, because you're not trading CJ for someone that'll move the needle more.

Kady's more of Houston's type of 5
Who dat is? I havent even been up on the nba like that the last couple of years. I still got those Kds from his restaurant I dont even know what to do with. I live near downtown and I pass by the arena, I can't even name half thise dudes on there, a far cry from Westbrook, Durant, Harden, Ibaka, etc on the side of the stadium

While Luka is close...he's putting up 29/9/9 on 46/31/76 in his second year which is insane. Let's not forget Steph's last 5 healthy seasons doe:

14-15: 24/4/7 on 49/44/91
15-16: 30/5/7 on 50/45/91
16-17: 25/5/7 on 47/41/90
17-18: 26/5/6 on 50/42/92
18-19: 27/5/5 on 47/44/92

Save all the 0 FMVP jokes, Lebby memes and behind the back gifs and put some got damb respek on The Chef's name.
I did in the post before. Steph was the first name I mentioned over Dame and I felt no need to read his numbers off. We all know he's had a better career then Dame and he's still the best PG in the league. It was more so the "by far" part that had me in a tizzy lol. Guy wanted me to explain why Dame wasn't BY FAR the best PG in the league. Had me all sorts of confused. That's where Luka and his numbers came in.

I wish he’d leave Portland. Portland is gonna suffer by trying too long with the Dame and CJ combo.
This was a pretty good read on Dame and CJ. I don't think they'll voluntarily break up (CJ is locked in thru 2024 and Dame 2025). Based on the article, I'm not sure the FO will trade them either but someone with more intimate knowledge of Blazers management could provide better insight.

Would be very hard for them to convinc a top FA to come there too. Sadly they'd have to blow it up, because you're not trading CJ for someone that'll move the needle more.
Most likely wouldn’t get one player of similar value. Perhaps two players of lesser but good value

5/14 from the field
5/12 from the stripe
Terrible haircut
Russell Westbrook
NvsWTUZ.gif

I did in the post before. Steph was the first name I mentioned over Dame and I felt no need to read his numbers off. We all know he's had a better career then Dame. It was more so the "by far" part that had me in a tizzy lol. Guy wanted me to explain why Dame wasn't BY FAR the best PG in the league. Had me all sorts of confused.

Dame isn't by far the best PG in the league. He's the closest thing to Steph...and I'm not even really sure it's that close.
tenor.gif

This was a pretty good read on Dame and CJ. I don't think they'll voluntarily break up (CJ is locked in thru 2024 and Dame 2025). Based on the article, I'm not sure the FO will trade them either but someone with more intimate knowledge of Blazers management could provide better insight.

This quote sums it up how I believe it’s gonna end with CJ and Dame

“For 10 seasons in Portland, Porter and Drexler flourished together, playing in three Western Conference finals and a pair of NBA Finals. But by the mid-1990s, their progress stalled: The Blazers were good, but not good enough to win it all.

Guy Fieri should be a guest commentator in the bubble. He already has all the catch phrases he needs.

He took him to flavortown! = When a player dunks on someone
That's Gangster= When a player makes his defender fall
Off the Hook= Someone hits a deep 3
Out of Bounda= the ball went out of bounds

so meyers leonard hasn't really played since he came out with his all lives matter bs, right?

i like

That backcourt combo is great and should continue to be for multiple years to come, they should leave that alone unless somebody offers something crazy for CJ...They gotta find a way to upgrade from having to start Collins, and old man Melo even tho my guy is still solid tho

If the way Trent Jr is playing right now becomes more of a regular thing instead of just some bubble **** then they would be a big boost for the Blazers going forward

That backcourt combo is great and should continue to be for multiple years to come, they should leave that alone unless somebody offers something crazy for CJ...They gotta find a way to upgrade from having to start Collins, and old man Melo even tho my guy is still solid tho

If the way Trent Jr is playing right now becomes more of a regular thing instead of just some bubble **** then they would be a big boost for the Blazers going forward
The problem is that it it’s going to be difficult for them to upgrade by keeping both Dame and CJ. They’re goin to have a hard time attracting top tier talent by free agency

This quote sums it up how I believe it’s gonna end with CJ and Dame

“For 10 seasons in Portland, Porter and Drexler flourished together, playing in three Western Conference finals and a pair of NBA Finals. But by the mid-1990s, their progress stalled: The Blazers were good, but not good enough to win it all.
Yep. I've always liked those two together but they aren't ever gonna win it all with them. I'd be surprised if they made 1 NBA final. Really they have to move CJ to at least try something different and then they can try and make whatever moves they need to surround Dame before he exits his prime.

i think they need to just draft right

and sorry but steph aint da best pg in da league. mans never was the best player on a final team ***** w/dat bs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom