THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very bad idea. They have played 3 games in 4.5 months. The playoffs are like next week or something, intentionally having them miss even more time than they already have is not ideal.

I don’t even agree with limiting their minutes but they would be better than sitting them
It's a first game of a back to back. Tomrrow's game is vs the Rockets.

It depends on if there's a disgruntled star. If Derozan can get you Kawhi, then CJ can get you a star as well, you just need to wait for the right time and the right opportunity.
That's a solid point. I doubt it will work out as fortuitously for Portland but that is definitely a good point that anything can happen when it comes to unhappy stars.

As a rocket fan, I hate the small ball lineup and the inability at grabbing any offensive boards. That’s what’s going to hurt the rockets the most - allowing good teams 2nd and 3rd chances because you can’t grab a board is going to kill them.

Yes. :lol:

To ignore that is crazy. Going into a game like "Aye we bout to get killed on the rebounds so....". Gives you zero room for error in other areas. You have to be close to perfect on offense.

Last edited:
Yes. :lol:

To ignore that is crazy. Going into a game like "Aye we bout to killed on the rebounds so....". Gives you zero room for error in other areas. You have to be close to perfect on offense.
Their bread and butter is the 3 ball but they're one of the worst shooting teams in the league. Guaranteed to have nights where they can't make anything. 2nd round exit

It’s a trade than improves both teams. However I still want a new coach to try first before giving away Simmons
I wouldn't really want to give away Simmons for McCollum if I was a fan. Simmons is a better overall player and he has more room to grow as frustrating as he has been at times. They can get a better package for Simmons then McCollum to the right team wanting Simmons. No question in my mind.

Lol how is he anything like Andrea Bargnani?

Im exaggerating but I his iso game reminds me of Bargnani,

7 feet tall but uses his physical tools to fire off mid range jump shots.

He seems to have no ability to physically overwhelm people like say an Embiid does.

Very bad idea. They have played 3 games in 4.5 months. The playoffs are like next week or something, intentionally having them miss even more time than they already have is not ideal.

I don’t even agree with limiting their minutes but they would be better than sitting them

Personally i just don't want these dudes tweaking anything when we have another game 2mmrw, & Houston is a potential playoff matchup. I would rather them play against OKC 2mmrw night

If Ayton was named Aytonvic people would be complaining about how soft he is on offense.
People already say he's soft and a bust lol. He's definitely got big work to do but his numbers have been nice offensively and he's a elite rebounder and has gone from 0.9 to 1.6 blocks this season. He's playing better then people think he is.

Giving up Simmons for CJ would be asinine.
Not 1 for 1. More had to be added for Portland but that would be the basis. I’m not saying do it now but say by next year Portland is still capped as a 2nd round team and Simmons still won’t shoot, there you go

Their bread and butter is the 3 ball but they're one of the worst shooting teams in the league. Guaranteed to have nights where they can't make anything. 2nd round exit
This is true minus the 2nd round exit lol. But morey just signs guys and tells them to hoist up 3s and the math will work itself out. If you going all in on 3s you have to get snipers out there.

People already say he's soft and a bust lol. He's definitely got big work to do but his numbers have been nice offensively and he's a elite rebounder and has gone from 0.9 to 1.6 blocks this season. He's playing better then people think he is.

I def don't think he's a bust, he's a solid player, maybe he'll be a fringe all star one day.

but he was the number one pick so you would hope for more from him. and the only way he's gunna be a really star is if he start mashing people.

I wouldn’t call Ayton soft because he does hit the glass and he tries on defense. He’s definitely not a bust, no one ever said that.

but a big shooting 3 free throws in 3 games is absolutely alarming and inexcusable. so yeah maybe he is soft.

Not 1 for 1. More had to be added for Portland but that would be the basis. I’m not saying do it now but say by next year Portland is still capped as a 2nd round team and Simmons still won’t shoot, there you go
What else added to the trade?

Portland should've offered CJ to the Knicks back when they had Porzingis. Lillard and Porzingis would have that pick and pop like in Dallas and then Nurkic in the post would be a great trio.

Man what a night of hot takes I missed
Russ the best PG in the league
Dame the best PG in the league AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE
A mindreader saying Steph was ok with missing a whole season
And an invite to Temecula Bankhead

Russ isn’t even the best point guard on his own damn team.

What do you feel gives THIS rockets team a better chance at winning? Both LA teams are clearly better, Morey had to try something or they would be blazers south :lol:

bucks were literally leaving the shooters open to not allow any layups. Nothing was being forced, in that game I was fine was it. You want guys 6’7 and under trying to score in the paint on Giannis and Brook Lopez?

This. I commend Morey for his creativity and willing to take risks. He's always willing to try something new as opposed to running the same teams back to get the same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom