THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect more from a 22 year old black man than a 80 year old pop

starts at home, idk Isaacs upbringing or childhood situation but seems his household lacked some rearing in the black plight. If you know Emmitt Till’s story, that’s all the evidence a person like me requires, to sit my black a*** down and kneel

I ignore my personal view towards religion and believe Isaac views his religious witnessing just the dame as Lebron views starting a school. How you decide to take a stand is a personal decision.

Why he couldn't wear the shirt is a little beyond me based on his rationale.

Think someone posted some old stuff he said a couple pages back. He’s a sucker; no way around it.

Really?

Son is a youngin...still an adult...but a 22 year old. I can imagine who his parents are and what they raised him to be for him to be who he is.

You willing to shoot Pop...more bail than him?

i’m not shooting pop bail. What he does doesn’t matter to me.

and while John is young, I don’t see how a 22 year old black man can take whatever stance he took. sheltered or not, he’s seen what kind of year brothas have had in 2020. You can preach Jesus is love and still want justice. I mean that’s what Jesus was about

Isnt hating on a ***** for standing during the anthem in the nba the same energy as hating on a ***** for kneeling during the anthem in the nfl?

(Oh you not with US, so **** you)

One pair of nice sneakers, one pair of beaters and dress shoes for anything formal that might pop up.

Last time I went away I packed 3 pairs of Vans and they covered all this :lol:

I don’t see many older people wearing them but they’re great for your feet

i’m not shooting pop bail. What he does doesn’t matter to me.

and while John is young, I don’t see how a 22 year old black man can take whatever stance he took. sheltered or not, he’s seen what kind of year brothas have had in 2020. You can preach Jesus is love and still want justice. I mean that’s what Jesus was about

Might not matter to you...but to some apparently his previous statements on "this type of stuff" is apparently enough to get a pass.

BTW...someone give me the list of woke Becky Hammon quotes that shields her from criticism too

I'm not in here trying to excuse JI for anything...but It do look funny for ****** to run to Pop defense but then go super hard on him.

Lifelong Spurs but how pop handled Kawhi as well as not kneeling, nah, you can’t fool me. IDGAF if you served in the military. Our military is as egregious as it gets. Veterans on the corner, bumming for change, VA hospitals notorious for scams and rejecting people, “Wounded Warrior” commercials asking for civilian donations while the government hoards money and won’t take care of those same wounded veterans.

My uncle served like 18 years, got hurt, they didn’t want to give him full disability or whatever. Military hypocritical AF. Not to mention hazing and sexual harassment is PREVALENT

People don't wanna say it but when troops go to these other countries a lot of time they're terrorizing these places. That's part of the reason why when come back over here they're dealing with so much guilt and messed up in the head. America loves to preach this BS like "we're the good guys and must fight those guys bad for our freedom". Nah. :lol:

Throughout history america has done the evil ****.

Issac has a history not just this one incident I posted it yesterday. He seems to be on his Terry Crews steez via the religion apparatus.

And again kneeling means very little in this moment, Pop has been downright defiant and boisterous against white supremacy, calling out his own people on multiple occasions. He's an ally. What Issac and that clown MPJ is doing and espousing is far more dangerous.

Last edited:
Y’all know Isaac personally? Oh yea didn’t think so.

The narrative is already lost behind who is and who isn’t....

People don't wanna say it but when troops go to these other countries a lot of time they're terrorizing these places. That's part of the reason why when come back over here they're dealing with so much guilt and messed up in the head. America loves to preach this BS like "we're the good guys and must fight those guys bad for our freedom". Nah. :lol:

Throughout history america has done the evil ****.

Imagine shooting, killing, bombing communities, raping women from these foreign countries, torturing them... then come home and have to live with it, not to mention, the government not cutting you a check or making you fend for yourself afterwards

Issac has a history not just this one incident I posted it targeted yesterday. He seems to be on his Terry Crews steez via the religion apparatus.

And again kneeling means very little in this moment, Pop has been downright defiant and boisterous against white supremacy, calling out his own people on multiple occasions. He's an ally. What Issac and that clown MPJ is doing and espousing is far more dangerous.

Speaking before Sunday's game with Portland, Popovich called Bush, who died Friday at age 94, the inspiration for the league through his "thousand points of light" plea for citizens to aid their communities through volunteer work.

"We were really excited about the program, and it is still going today," Popovich said. "It's been going for a long time and it has touched a lot of kids. We were really happy to be one of those (programs honored by Bush) and to be able to do that work. The highlight, really, was when he and his wife came down to San Antonio and spent part of that day watching games and seeing the kids and we got to talk to him."

Popovich recalled Bush as one of "our really classy presidents who did things for other people."

"He really cared about people more than anything else," Popovich said. "He was understated, humble and just wanted to be part of programs and decisions that helped organizations and kids and people of all sorts, and that's the way you remember him.

"Just a good-hearted guy."

But calling Trump out and speaking on social issues in an era where you build social cache for doing so..makes him an ally? Yeah I'm sitting that one out.

If any other coach stood up out there...what would have been the reaction? And can some answer the Becky Hammon question to? She also a "Post-2016" ally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom