THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The wildest part of the Bron defenses o have seen online are people defending China.

HK protesters are fighting not to be ruled by an oppressive regime. Only reason it looks like things goes both ways right now is China is letting HK authorities settle things. The Chinese government are still threatening a Tiananmen Square 2.0 scenario.

Dudes really giving the oppressive government that is running concentration camps and performing religious cleansing the benefit of the doubt :lol:

Comrade Bron really got some folk wildin

I don't think anybody is giving China the benefit of the doubt, people just know that there's nothing america can do about it, and that everyone in the country of china doesn't view the situation the same way Americans do.

You ever been to the Philippines and lived there long enough to understand the culture and the overwhelmingly prevailing attitude towards religion that guides the majority of their thinking?

Just like most of the misinformed who never lived in China therefore they dont get it?

Do you truly know the plight of other cultures if all you've ever lived at was America? Rhetorical Q.

Why dont we start there before you make futile attempts at sarcasm.

And to get back to the original point of argument before you threw yourself in a tangent.... ask yourself, which other pro athlete in the last 25 years has had as much if not more global impact as Ali and Pac?

The Boomers in this country who grew up around segregation shouldn't be faulted for being pro-discrimination, amirite? It's just part of their culture. You weren't around then, so you wouldn't understand.

I don't see how when the analytics are taking into account everything that happened on the floor. It's never been sprouted as the end all be all either context matters, but KD can't just say "more guys should shoot the mid range " and ignore the fact that mid range shooting hasn't improved over the last 20 seasons.

The term analytics just needs to go. It makes it seem like some sort of gymnastics is going on when it's simply an interpretation of game results which often spans across 20+ seasons.

analytics doesn't take into account fatigue, coaching schemes, player comfort spots on the court etc etc. there' unlimited things that numbers can't account for on the basketball court & i hate that we're in an era where someone who has never been in that position or dealt with those variables.

could then turn around and act like they have superior knowledge over the game of basketball then someone who dedicated their entire life to the sport.

If a defense is giving you wide open midrange shots then players should take them.

I don't think anybody is giving China the benefit of the doubt, people just know that there's nothing america can do about it, and that everyone in the country of china doesn't view the situation the same way Americans do.
I was not speaking about posters in here, and was talking about online in general.

So yes, I have seen people defending China too.

And if the world and America where not so bought they could easily put China in its place. The problem is that the world can't coordinate with each other on sanctions and economic penalties. So China gets to do whatever they want to do.

And I understand why people in China would feel different and support the Chinese government. However, that doesn't make their opinion right. Because if China starts acting like it is 1989 again and start killing people with military force, maybe things we be clearer. And maybe some folk in bed with China can shake their cowardice, put money aside, and finally do something.

I doubt it though.

Last edited:
Yes, and crime is down significantly.

So are human rights and not getting killed by police.

Pacquiao is definitely an inspiration and a source of pride for Filipinos but this dude hasn’t done much for progress. He has the highest absence numbers in congress and is more focused on boxing and his basketball team. Which is fine if he wasn’t a elected public servant, but he is.

Source: am Filipino, lived there 2010-2017

These HK protest will fail anyway.

These protest should have happen when the UK and China was working out the hand off. Maybe then something would have worked out in favor of democracy.

I just hope these thing doesn't turn into a full scale civil war. HK protesters would be slaughtered

But cop dem new Bron 18s doe.

So are human rights and not getting killed by police.

Pacquiao is definitely an inspiration and a source of pride for Filipinos but this dude hasn’t done much for progress. He has the highest absence numbers in congress and is more focused on boxing and his basketball team. Which is fine if he wasn’t a elected public servant, but he is.

Source: am Filipino, lived there 2010-2017

Cool but have you been to his house in LA?

only way for bron to get out from under this is to solve Communism.

son finna go into the next time out like..

giphy.gif

zach-galifianakis-math.gif

oh ****...I got it!

This will blow over soon. Money will come out on top.

Whether y’all like it or not, MJ is smart for never getting involved in politics. Our players should follow suit on overseas issues. It’s a losing battle.

analytics doesn't take into account fatigue, coaching schemes, player comfort spots on the court etc etc. there' unlimited things that numbers can't account for on the basketball court & i hate that we're in an era where someone who has never been in that position or dealt with those variables.

could then turn around and act like they have superior knowledge over the game of basketball then someone who dedicated their entire life to the sport.

If a defense is giving you wide open midrange shots then players should take them.
Fair but I personally have never seen anyone carry on in such a manner. The majority of the time people are quick to acquiesce to the player even when they're wrong.

Global impact? What impact has Pacman had in the US besides losing to Mayweather?
Global Icon. He's made a ton of money for the U.S. Economy with all his PPV fights in Vegas, Texas, etc. Made a ton of money for the Chinese and Malaysia. He possibly may fight in Dubai, make some more international $$. That little foreigner from Asia. You forgot already?

Analytics agrees that wide open shots should be taken. It just prioritizes wide open 3s and layups/dunks over midrange.

Yet those same guys criticize guys for not seeking the three point shot first.... even if the player isn't a good three point shooter in general or fail to take into account that that may be what the offense is set for a player to operate.

But analytics aren't hardfast rules. They're just tools used to better understand things. It's simply data. No different than using data to drive decisionmaking or understanding in any business scenario.

I think the problem with analytics comes in where if coaches and those staffs are actively telling players not to take those shots as was alluded to on the Jump yesterday. Any open shot regardless of distance is a good shot.

I grew up in the bible belt G, I'm aware of the types. His statement especially on how homosexuality manifests itself in nature is just flat out not true. Hence the not rooted in reality.
Which explains his ignorance and lack of an education. Again, still doesn't take away from the fact he's been talked about in the same sentence as Ali, like Max Kellerman, among other, has mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom