THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of these guys died tragically at 41 years old. It's not always about logic and reasoning. Sports is about emotion and how **** makes people feel.

wilt died tragically at 61, it was tragic at the time. obviously Kobe's is worse.

i dunno i just feel like lets just chill for a minute and let the shock pass before we decide that peoples jersey's should be retired league wide.

If we didn't retire Kareems number
and we didn't retire Wilts number
and we didn't retire Russels number,
and we didn't retire Jordan's number....
I dont think you know his impact, globally.

Like MJ transcended basketball in the US, Kobe did it worldwide.

At least that's how I personally remember it.

And it was not just basketball .... these dudes now have more influence over kids lives than ever.

3 of 4 of those people are still alive and Wilt didn’t die as a 41 year old father of four. People who have made a tremendous impact and die prematurely get remembered in special ways. I can guarantee you that none of MJ, Kareem, Russ will have any problem whatsoever with the league-wide retirement of number 24.

I mean I personally think retiring anyone jersey league wide is crazy.,

We remember Kobe through the accomplishments, the highlights, the memories,

when you retire someones jersey league wide it forces unsavory comparisons you gotta make if anyone else passes tragically.

Kobe is my guy but retiring his number around the league is dumb. **** he won more in 8. I’ve been crying all day and I can’t believe he’s gone but retiring his number around the league or playing 81 games a season is people being caught up in the moment.

I'm heartbroken. I grew up a huge Kobe fan, even being from Ohio I was on Kobe's side in all of the Kobe vs. LeBron debates as a youngin'. Dude was bigger than basketball. We joke about Mamba Mentality a lot in here, but the dude brought a level of dedication to his craft that wowed his peers daily.

**** just makes me realize how fragile life was. His off the court transition was even more amazing to watch, and he was bringing that same mentality to his projects now. Could be here today and gone tomorrow. Definitely one of those tragedies that puts everything in perspective. Do what you love while you can and give your all to it.

I seen people say, put the games to 81, have Lebron team where 24 and Giannis 8, a patch here and there on jerseys... and as you said, that is too much.

But I think retiring at least one jersey is good. Dude affected so many people. His reach was powerful.

I mean I personally think retiring anyone jersey league wide is crazy.,

We remember Kobe through the accomplishments, the highlights, the memories,

when you retire someones jersey league wide it forces unsavory comparisons you gotta make if anyone else passes tragically.

It’s never happened before, so the remote possibility it might happen again does not seem to me like something that should factor into the analysis here.

wilt died tragically at 61, it was tragic at the time. obviously Kobe's is worse.

i dunno i just feel like lets just chill for a minute and let the shock pass before we decide that peoples jersey's should be retired league wide.
It probably won’t happen league wide as teams may already have 8/24 retired for their clubs. But I have no issue with a team doing it. If the Sixers came out and retired 8 I wouldn’t have an issue at all

I dont think you know his impact, globally.

Like MJ transcended basketball in the US, Kobe did it worldwide.

At least that's how I personally remember it.

nah man Michael Jordan transcended basketball world wide man, you're remembering it wrong.

In Nigeria everyone knows who MJ is, Kobe is more the younger generation.

I hope this doesn't cause Lebron to evaluate things and perhaps retire earlier than he may have because he'd like to enjoy watching all of his kids games.

Kobe didn't even make it to his HoF speech dog. I don't even know why this is the battle you wanna fight right now. The NBA is also MUCH bigger than it was when Wilt died. Kobe reached hundreds of millions of more people.

im still sad man... cant get over this day really... its all i can think about... like really kobe just passed and hes gone forever... i dont want to accept it and mad that it really happen and still asking why him

It’s never happened before, so the remote possibility it might happen again does not seem to me like something that should factor into the analysis here.

I definatley think it should.

Like Wilt passed away tragically at 61 and we didn't retire his jersey league wide,

If we retire Kobe's league wide you implicitley saying that Kobe is more important than Wilt or that wilts death is not tragic enough. or wilts life is worth less than kobes.

Feels like a creepy comparison to be making.

If mark cuban wants to do that then cool, but the league shouldn't be retiring anyone jersey league wide.

I hope this doesn't cause Lebron to evaluate things and perhaps retire earlier than he may have because he'd like to enjoy watching all of his kids games.

unless lebron gonna live in a bubble for 6 years I doubt this crosses his mind. It was a tragic accident, anything could happen to anyone anywhere.

I wonder how the Asian countries are taking this? Specifically Japan, China, and the Filipinas
Dude was beyond loved out there.

China preoccupied but all my homies in the PI have been posting/reposting tributes all say

Kobe didn't even make it to his HoF speech dog. I don't even know why this is the battle you wanna fight right now. The NBA is also MUCH bigger than it was when Wilt died. Kobe reached hundreds of millions of more people.

i don't want a fight a battle im just giving my opinion.

again, to me the NBA would be saying that Wilts life is worth less than Kobe's life and that's an unsavory thing for league to be doing.

It's obviously horrifying what happened to Kobe, im not tryna denigrate the grief people feel in anyway, i feel the same way.

I just think we shouldn't be comparing tragedies,

and the league retiring Kobe's number league wide forces us to do that.

I wonder how the Asian countries are taking this? Specifically Japan, China, and the Filipinas
Dude was beyond loved out there.
driving to work turn the radio on hosts talking about Kobe, flip it its see you again then flip it one last time its the whole show taking in calls to talk about Kobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom