THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA SEASON THREAD: HONORING MARTIN LUTHER KING JR., KYRIE IRVING

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Joined Feb 17, 2019
Sure. He's not willingly taking the entire season off this year. And I doubt they're moving D'Lo at all that's nonsense. Grizz are holding him hostage cause they believe they can get a pick for him which nobody seems to be willing to do. He's going to get bought out more than likely after the trade deadline and sign with one of the LA teams.
Nah MEM aint buying him out and give him what he wants when he ain't done a single thing to help the organization he's employed with. If Iggy will play this year....with the Grizzlies.

Last edited:
Joined Jul 8, 2013
Thats why if you’re a team looking to get Iggy the sooner the better. He’s just chilling.

MVP

Joined Feb 28, 2008
Nah MEM aint buying him out and give him what he wants when he ain't done a single thing to help the organization he's employed with. Iggy will play this year....with the Grizzlies.
No team is giving them a 1st rd pick for Iggy.

He's vowed not to suit up for them.

You just said he won't play at all this season but now he's playing for Memphis? Which is it?

Joined Feb 17, 2019
No team is giving them a 1st rd pick for Iggy.

He's vowed not to suit up for them.

You just said he won't play at all this season but now he's playing for Memphis? Which is it?
Wont play for any other team except his own. He is stuck man

Joined Mar 21, 2010
Iggy said he wants to play for a contender... not run minutes with rookie & second year players in Memphis

MVP

Joined Feb 28, 2008
Iggy resting this season, waiting for his buddies Klay, Steph, and Draymond to get ready for next year's run (similar to what Collison did first half of this season). Its the new form of veteran role player load mgmt. Sit out til the situation is right.

Iggy ain't goin nowhere fellas. He teaming up with SFW next year. Myers got him locked down until SFW decides who they're gonna replace D-Lo with.
Bro this is literally what you just posted a page ago. Is it oochie wally or one mic? Clearly Memphis can't make him play for them seeing as the situation they're in right now.

everysingletime

formerly amel223
Joined Apr 4, 2006
I think it's a mistake for iggy to refuse to play for Memphis. You can't get time back. Everyday he's not playing is a day he can't get back.

It is not like Memphis is a bad team either. Memphis is potentially a playoff team 🤷‍♂️

Joined Mar 21, 2010
Nate Duncan when speaking on the Lakers & them possibly signing Darren Collison

Claimed that Collison wouldn't be much of an upgrade on Rondo in terms of a bench role, The Lakers are missing guards who can defend, said Rondo and Collision are similar in pushing the ball in transition, and said he was limited as a shooter.

Then went on to say the Lakers should look at Brandon Knight......... I knew there was a reason i stopped listening in to that show :smh:

Joined Sep 5, 2010
Nate Duncan when speaking on the Lakers & them possibly signing Darren Collison

Claimed that Collison wouldn't be much of an upgrade on Rondo in terms of a bench role, The Lakers are missing guards who can defend, said Rondo and Collision are similar in pushing the ball in transition, and said he was limited as a shooter.

Then went on to say the Lakers should look at Brandon Knight......... I knew there was a reason i stopped listening in to that show :smh:
I do worry Collison is more "game manager" a la Rondo and not a "spark plug" a la Lou Williams/Derrick Rose, which the Lakers need more of when Bron sits.

No to Brandon Knight though. :lol:

Joined Feb 17, 2019
Bro this is literally what you just posted a page ago. Is it oochie wally or one mic? Clearly Memphis can't make him play for them seeing as the situation they're in right now.
If Iggy insists he wont suit up for MEM, then I can easily see him sitting out the season.

My guy is telling me his loyalty to the Warriors will make him go back there. MEM meanwhile wants a 1st rd pick and wont buy him out. MEM has all the leverage. Which is why I'm saying he ain't goin nowhere.

If you're Iggy and been in wars with Klay, Steph, and Dray all these years and you know your friends are not even close to being past their prime and you know they'll need you when they're healthy and ready to compete for another title in less than a year....and you're getting older yourself....would you want to pack your bags and move to LA and start over? Or do you rest your body, and coincide your return with your championship teammates and championship coaching staff to hopefully run it back one more time?

Joined Apr 5, 2017
Andrew Wiggins took a nosedive. But it started right after his grandmother passed so im holding out hope he’s not permantely back to being Rudy Gay 2.0.

Joined Mar 21, 2010
I do worry Collison is more "game manager" a la Rondo and not a "spark plug" a la Lou Williams/Derrick Rose, which the Lakers need more of when Bron sits.

No to Brandon Knight though. :lol:
I fine with a "game manager" tho because when we get good rondo the bench looks great. Not to mention Collisons 1 on 1 skills are much better than he's given credit for & he fits better with the Starters also.

Joined Sep 5, 2010
I fine with a "game manager" tho because when we get good rondo the bench looks great. Not to mention Collisons 1 on 1 skills are much better than he's given credit for & he fits better with the Starters also.
I guess you take into consideration AD will be on the floor whenever Bron sits, so he's going to be the center of the offense. So a game manager like Collison wouldn't be the worst thing.

MVP

Joined Feb 28, 2008
If Iggy insists he wont suit up for MEM, then I can easily see him sitting out the season.

My guy is telling me his loyalty to the Warriors will make him go back there. MEM meanwhile wants a 1st rd pick and wont buy him out. MEM has all the leverage. Which is why I'm saying he ain't goin nowhere.

If you're Iggy and been in wars with Klay, Steph, and Dray all these years and you know your friends are not even close to being past their prime and you know they'll need you when they're healthy and ready to compete for another title in less than a year....and you're getting older yourself....would you want to pack your bags and move to LA and start over? Or do you rest your body, and coincide your return with your championship teammates and championship coaching staff to hopefully run it back one more time?
So he's not suiting up for Memphis?

Pretty sure Iggy already has a place in LA and it's not like LA and SF are across country.

Everybody and their mama knows he's going to end his career in GS. He wants to play for a contender this year which clearly Memphis is not. When the Grizz don't get a pick for him he's going to leave for nothing anyway and they're trying to develop their young guys anyway so at that point why not cut him loose?

Joined Feb 17, 2019
If you're the Lakers, you take Collison for the vet minimum because of what he can do to complement Rondo's weaknesses, which is Collison's ability to be effective with the mid range jumpshot off the pick n roll.

Joined Mar 20, 2017
My thing is Memphis already got a 1st for taking him! Just settle for a 2nd and let Iggy go they already won

Joined Apr 28, 2009
What the hell happened to Brandon Knight? He was really solid then just dropped off a cliff a couple years ago.

Joined Feb 17, 2019
So he's not suiting up for Memphis?

Pretty sure Iggy already has a place in LA and it's not like LA and SF are across country.

Everybody and their mama knows he's going to end his career in GS. He wants to play for a contender this year which clearly Memphis is not. When the Grizz don't get a pick for him he's going to leave for nothing anyway and they're trying to develop their young guys anyway so at that point why not cut him loose?
If Iggy's relationship with his current employer ain't so good, there's your reason as to why MEM ownership wont cut him loose so he can get what he wants.

MEM wants Iggy to mentor the young players. Iggy doesn't and prefers to sit out. MEM wants a 1st rd pick for the old fella. No team will give it.

There is of course that small chance MEM buys him out and he can go to either LA team but tbh I can see Iggy choosing a team like Philly or Denver for his 1/2 season run before going with any of the LA squads. Then signing back with GSW next summer.

Top Bottom