THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do worry Collison is more "game manager" a la Rondo and not a "spark plug" a la Lou Williams/Derrick Rose, which the Lakers need more of when Bron sits.

No to Brandon Knight though. :lol:

I fine with a "game manager" tho because when we get good rondo the bench looks great. Not to mention Collisons 1 on 1 skills are much better than he's given credit for & he fits better with the Starters also.

I fine with a "game manager" tho because when we get good rondo the bench looks great. Not to mention Collisons 1 on 1 skills are much better than he's given credit for & he fits better with the Starters also.
I guess you take into consideration AD will be on the floor whenever Bron sits, so he's going to be the center of the offense. So a game manager like Collison wouldn't be the worst thing.

If Iggy insists he wont suit up for MEM, then I can easily see him sitting out the season.

My guy is telling me his loyalty to the Warriors will make him go back there. MEM meanwhile wants a 1st rd pick and wont buy him out. MEM has all the leverage. Which is why I'm saying he ain't goin nowhere.

If you're Iggy and been in wars with Klay, Steph, and Dray all these years and you know your friends are not even close to being past their prime and you know they'll need you when they're healthy and ready to compete for another title in less than a year....and you're getting older yourself....would you want to pack your bags and move to LA and start over? Or do you rest your body, and coincide your return with your championship teammates and championship coaching staff to hopefully run it back one more time?

So he's not suiting up for Memphis?

Pretty sure Iggy already has a place in LA and it's not like LA and SF are across country.

Everybody and their mama knows he's going to end his career in GS. He wants to play for a contender this year which clearly Memphis is not. When the Grizz don't get a pick for him he's going to leave for nothing anyway and they're trying to develop their young guys anyway so at that point why not cut him loose?

If you're the Lakers, you take Collison for the vet minimum because of what he can do to complement Rondo's weaknesses, which is Collison's ability to be effective with the mid range jumpshot off the pick n roll.

My thing is Memphis already got a 1st for taking him! Just settle for a 2nd and let Iggy go they already won

:lol:

Yo....the NBA media is FUNNY

EOQvC7oWoAEO18u

What the hell happened to Brandon Knight? He was really solid then just dropped off a cliff a couple years ago.

So he's not suiting up for Memphis?

Pretty sure Iggy already has a place in LA and it's not like LA and SF are across country.

Everybody and their mama knows he's going to end his career in GS. He wants to play for a contender this year which clearly Memphis is not. When the Grizz don't get a pick for him he's going to leave for nothing anyway and they're trying to develop their young guys anyway so at that point why not cut him loose?
If Iggy's relationship with his current employer ain't so good, there's your reason as to why MEM ownership wont cut him loose so he can get what he wants.

MEM wants Iggy to mentor the young players. Iggy doesn't and prefers to sit out. MEM wants a 1st rd pick for the old fella. No team will give it.

There is of course that small chance MEM buys him out and he can go to either LA team but tbh I can see Iggy choosing a team like Philly or Denver for his 1/2 season run before going with any of the LA squads. Then signing back with GSW next summer.

So he'd move to Philly or Denver where they have 8 wing players instead of staying where he already is in Cali and playing for the top 2 contenders in the conference?Interesting.

Nate Duncan when speaking on the Lakers & them possibly signing Darren Collison

Claimed that Collison wouldn't be much of an upgrade on Rondo in terms of a bench role, The Lakers are missing guards who can defend, said Rondo and Collision are similar in pushing the ball in transition, and said he was limited as a shooter.

Then went on to say the Lakers should look at Brandon Knight......... I knew there was a reason i stopped listening in to that show :smh:

You hate listen to blog boys bro :lol: I’m convinced

You hate listen to blog boys bro :lol: I’m convinced

I listen to different pods throughout the week they vary... i honestly stopped listening to dunc'd on for quite a minute now because half the episode sounds like a math equation. Decided to check one out & here this and realized why i fell back :lol:

I been saying this for months but more diversity is needed in that space, That's why i'm glad knuckleheads & the stack/Barnes pods are popping up

So he'd move to Philly or Denver where they have 8 wing players instead of staying where he already is in Cali and playing for the top 2 contenders in the conference?Interesting.
Yup. And he'd be that veteran wing player both of those young playoff teams desperately need in the clutch to guard the Lebrons, PGs, Kawhis, and Jimmy Butler's of the world when its playoff time.

Philly has Tobias Harris at SF that you can count on in the postseason. That's it.

DEN has a bunch of Wil Barton and Malik Beasley-esque wing players who have little to no playoff experience. Pls dont tell me the Nuggets couldn't use Iggy's presence should they face LAC or LAL in the 2nd Rd or WCF.

And if it's worth anything to Iggy himself, he is a former Nugget and former Sixer. And it's only for half a season cause he gonna sign with GSW next year anyway. IMO, Iggy would get more minutes in Den or Philly in the playoffs than he would for LAC or LAL. Pretty interesting indeed if you ask me.

Last edited:

Who are these 8 wing players for us? We only have like 3 players that can even both dribble and shoot. We could sure as hell use him over Mike Scott and Ennis.

Who are these 8 wing players for us? We only have like 3 players that can even both dribble and shoot. We could sure as hell use him over Mike Scott and Ennis.

I was speaking on Denver.

I wonder why the raptors could accept Kahwi's load management but not the clippers

Them boys probably thought he was healthy too with all the smoke he and Doc were spewing before the season. It's more understandable when coming off a 9 game season the year before.

I wonder why the raptors could accept Kahwi's load management but not the clippers
Kawhi didn't come in throwing his weight around and demanding trades and private jets from day one with Toronto. That type of thing can't sit well with a team that already had its own identity. Kawhi killed the chemistry but THEY don't wanna tell that story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom