THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA SEASON THREAD: KNICKS COACHING SEARCH INTENSIFIES

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Joined Sep 7, 2006
Raptors gotta trade Lowry. Fvv needs starters burn at the 1. That expiring contract has alot of value
Lowry is by far the most indispensable guy on our team. Contributes to the offense, can defend anyone due to his positioning and body, works the refs all game, and makes everyone better.

FVV is nowhere close to being as good as him. I much rather have him as our 6th man but our problem is we don't have anyone else good enough to be starting SG.

The rest of the NBA has been sleeping on us because we're in Canada and Kawhi left but we have maybe the best executive in the game (Masai). Dude knows how to find guys that will work their butts off and don't have character issues that will distract the club.

We beat one of the best teams in the league yesterday on the road despite injuries to 2 of our best 4 players and with a bunch of guys that are borderline NBAers. It was the first real taste of NBA action this season for some of these guys yesterday and they came up huge.

We have this guy named Matt Thomas that is a legit sharp shooter. Has it in him to be a JJ Redick type for years to come. The issue we have right now is Nurse is reluctant to give the no-namers burn but he'll have no choice now that Lowry and Ibaka are out for a while.

We're a 50-win team despite our flaws at SG and C. If Masai can work some magic and trade Norm Powell, Gasol, and a few fillers for a decent starter we can at least give Philly and Milwaukee a run for their money in the playoffs.

Joined Mar 21, 2010
Lmao now apparently Laker fans pointing out that The Clippers lied about Kawhi's health = nobody should rest :lol:

ALA propaganda machine at it again

Joined Mar 31, 2011
Yeah. The rest of this year and the next. Still a valuable soon to expire contract
Lowry was awesome for them to start the year and was really good in the Finals (and playoffs for that matter) last year. He and FVF have shown that they can play together just fine and Van Fleet is 3rd in the league in MPG. Unless some team is randomly going to trade them really good young talent, they should just keep him and let him play out his contract.

Joined Jan 20, 2002
lebron waltzing back on defense with a minute plus remaining and still a two possession gm :lol:
pascal's improvement. good to see young talent improve

Joined Sep 14, 2000
A few notes on the TOR-LAL game:

I know there was some people on here hoping they’d be able to fire off some hot takes about Siakm being “exposed” by the Lakers when he got off to a slow start in the 1st quarter; glad they waited to see how the rest of the game played out...

Lebbers got the trip-dub, but was looking more his age this game. Think he may have had 3 shots blocked close to the rim...

When did Marc Gasol become scared to shoot? Was only 1-2 last night and didn’t even look at the hoop on a lot of their offensive plays. Weird...

If the Raptors’ program can resurrect Stanley Johnson’s career, they’re miracle workers...

Joined May 10, 2006
The Raps are good. They would have won 65 games if Kawhi stayed. Is Bobby Boucher this good or was that a fluke game?

Thinking bout going to the game tonight to see Kawhichael put 32-7-5 on Toronto’s collective head.

Joined Apr 28, 2009
Shut yo crybaby *** up
I mean hey must be nice.

It’s all good though I think 9 of our first 13 games being on the road and going on a 4 game western road trip from philly to Phoenix, Denver, Portland and Utah a week and a half into the season is completely reasonable.

yall got one quality win doe
Beat the team in question by 14 so your point is moot.

Only losses came in a blown lead at the Suns with no Embiid and last second losses at Utah and at the Nuggets (which should have been a win) with no Ben. And the Blazers, Hawks, Wolves and Pistons > Knicks x 2, Hornets and Cavs.

Joined Sep 18, 2003
I mean hey must be nice.

It’s all good though I think 9 of our first 13 games being on the road and going on a 4 game western road trip from philly to Phoenix, Denver, Portland and Utah a week and a half into the season is completely reasonable.

Only losses came in a blown lead at the Suns with no Embiid and last second losses at Utah and at the Nuggets (which should have been a win) with no Ben. And the Blazers, Hawks, Wolves and Pistons > Hornets x 2, Knicks and Cavs.
the Cavs have a better record than the pistons, hawks and the blazers; 3 of your wins.

Joined Dec 27, 2011
Lowry was awesome for them to start the year and was really good in the Finals (and playoffs for that matter) last year. He and FVF have shown that they can play together just fine and Van Fleet is 3rd in the league in MPG. Unless some team is randomly going to trade them really good young talent, they should just keep him and let him play out his contract.
I'm not saying Lowry isn't good and a good fit for the team. He could stay in Toronto and all would be well.

At this point, Lowry is in his 13th year making 30mil. The raptors can either extend him after next year and keep him...and be in the same place the rockets were with Chris Paul. Or, flip him of the get a good deal for a piece of 2 with a draft pick.

Imo

If you get a good offer for him, move him. He's not the future core of that team. Pascal and fvv are.

Last edited:
Joined Mar 31, 2011
I mean hey must be nice.

Only losses came in a blown lead at the Suns with no Embiid and last second losses at Utah and at the Nuggets (which should have been a win) with no Ben. And the Blazers, Hawks, Wolves and Pistons > Knicks x 2, Hornets and Cavs.
We've been missing our starting C for 7 of our 8 games and have played 3 games missing 2 of our starters. We will now be missing a guy averaging 19/7/4 on 56/43 splits for the next month and a half. And we are about to go on a 5 game West Coast road trip.

Don't see me being a crybaby though.

Joined Mar 24, 2001
A few notes on the TOR-LAL game:

I know there was some people on here hoping they’d be able to fire off some hot takes about Siakm being “exposed” by the Lakers when he got off to a slow start in the 1st quarter; glad they waited to see how the rest of the game played out...

Lebbers got the trip-dub, but was looking more his age this game. Think he may have had 3 shots blocked close to the rim...

When did Marc Gasol become scared to shoot? Was only 1-2 last night and didn’t even look at the hoop on a lot of their offensive plays. Weird...

If the Raptors’ program can resurrect Stanley Johnson’s career, they’re miracle workers...
Does this fool ever shutup about the Lakers?

Joined Apr 28, 2009
the Cavs have a better record than the pistons, hawks and the blazers; 3 of your wins.
Oh hell nah you of all people don’t even try to act like the Cavs are a quality win now after you were on some “I think you just look up rosters” **** when I said I thought the Cavs wouldn’t be terrible this year if Love was to stay there.

Three of the Cavs four wins have came against the Knicks, Wizards and Bulls by the way.

And as I said....we already beat the team I was responding about by double digits so again......your point is moot.

Joined Mar 31, 2011
I'm not staying Lowry isn't good and a good fit for the team. He could stay in Toronto and all would be well.

At this point, Lowry is in his 13th year making 30mil. The raptors can either extend him after next year and keep him...and be in the same place the rockets were with Chris Paul. Or, flip him of the get a good deal for a piece of 2 with a draft pick.

Imo

If you get a good offer for him, move him. He's not the future core of that team. Pascal and fvv are.
Who is making that kind of move for Kyle Lowry?

Joined Sep 18, 2003
Oh hell nah you of all people don’t even try to act like the Cavs are a quality win now after you were on some “I think you just look up rosters” **** when I said I thought the Cavs wouldn’t be terrible this year if Love was to stay there.

Three of the Cavs four wins have came against the Knicks, Wizards and Bulls by the way.

And as I said....we already beat the team I was responding about by double digits so again......your point is moot.
I don’t think the Cavs are good. But neither is Atlanta, Portland and Charlotte. Detroit too

antidope

Supporter
Joined Jan 2, 2012
Lmao now apparently Laker fans pointing out that The Clippers lied about Kawhi's health = nobody should rest :lol:

ALA propaganda machine at it again
Has nothing to do with the Lakers. It has to do with hypocrisy.

A premier matchup in the league cancelled because of load management two weeks in :smh:
If The Lakers play on national TV and AD sits I expect the same reaction as this. All I'm saying. That goes for you and anyone else who slighted "Load Management". He said he was good to play so he better play. Right?

Joined Apr 28, 2009
I don’t think the Cavs are good. But neither is Atlanta, Portland and Charlotte. Detroit too
The point is...they’re better than all but two of the Celtics wins so far. And they haven’t had to travel basically at all. We’ll see what those numbers look like when they don’t have Hayward and have to go on that 5 game western road trip shortly.

Joined Nov 11, 2007
We're still doing this? :lol:

Every team in the league has to deal with a rough part of the schedule. The Jazz have already had to play the Lakers, Clippers twice, Sixers, and Bucks. There's a flip side of the coin for Philly: only 5 teams have an easier schedule the rest of the way. Let's not act like it's a big anti-Philly conspiracy.

Joined Sep 18, 2003
Has nothing to do with the Lakers. It has to do with hypocrisy.

If The Lakers play on national TV and AD sits I expect the same reaction as this. All I'm saying. That goes for you and anyone else who slighted "Load Management". He said he was good to play so he better play. Right?
Member when MVP MVP said Kawhi was soft?

I’m going to need the same 1/2 MV^2

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now