THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been listening to book of basketball all week on the way to work. Steve Kerr episode is really good.

zach Lowe’s on an ep this week about harden

Yeah buddy exactly. Or I’m annoyed that a week and a half into the season my team is thrown into a four game west coast road trip against 3 of the top 5 playoff teams in the West and a much improved Suns team while the league made sure LeBron didn’t have to travel that far for a single game til two months into the season.

so now the jazz are a top 5 playoff team?

thread didn’t have that energy after a clippers loss 7 games into the season :lol:

They never really hated KD. They hated he went to THAT team :lol:.

Bill Simmons and Rusillo have a new pod on Steph/Warriors. It’s a great listen. Rusillo Touches on a lot of the stuff I be saying in here. Give it a listen.

which podcast? Episode? NVM I found it

Last edited:
This isn't fair to the Celtics IMO. 8 out of 10 games on the road. :smh:

09762188-355C-4839-ACC6-1A544C05BE17.jpeg

which podcast? Episode?

These two:

Rusillo puts into great perspective. Both good listens.

Been listening to book of basketball all week on the way to work. Steve Kerr episode is really good.

zach Lowe’s on an ep this week about harden

Thoughts? I was surprised Kerr touched on the KD thing. He usually talks around it. But he was pretty clear with what was going on.

Thoughts? I was surprised Kerr touched on the KD thing. He usually talks around it. But he was pretty clear with what was going on.

I enjoyed it thoroughly. Kerr was candid as hell. I actually remember when Kerr felt he was losing KD. It was the second season he was there, and I think the night before they played Portland Steve Kerr went to dinner with him or something to try and bond w/him or whatever. KD scored 50 and they still lost.

But I've always felt that Kevin was and is building his career arc much like bron. (He called GSW a chapter, just like bron basically did in Miami. Bron changed his number to 6, KD changes his to 7. Bron starts the shop, KD starts the boardroom.) So to me, Kevin thought that even if ****** hate the move to GSW, they'll love me and give me my flowers if I put it down and win chips, like they did for Bron. He overestimated how much people hated that move. Steve Kerr on the pod even admitted how unfair it was.

Also too, I felt like KD really saw it as "KD and the OG warriors" and he never felt "in" and Draymond saying what he said affected him from the standpoint of it basically confirmed that it was "KD and the warriors" the whole time in his eyes.

And Steve was riding with the Clips in that pod :pimp:

Him getting bored with the style of play was also apparent wavycrocket wavycrocket

it was a pod of Steve Kerr confirming a lot of what people have been saying.

BOB is an interesting topic because on one hand I enjoy it but it also goes wayyyy too deep in this. Like, don't give me stories about how winning is about this that and the third and use teams with like 4 and 5 hall of famers to prove it.

I like ATL's cap sheet moving forward more than Dallas's though. And playing in the west vs playing in the east obviously makes building a winner tougher.
Hawks just need Collins to stay off the roids, scoop up a borderline all star level free agent and they set in the East...This assumes Huerter/Reddish/Hunter develop to consistent starter level on the wings

Waiters dumb *** was probly eating them gummies like regular sour patch kids :lol: :smh: ...and on the team plane at at

I've known two people that OD'd on weed. One was a chick that didn't know what she was doing and had too many brownies. Another was my boy who told me he woke up on the side of some railroad tracks with no recollection. I don't know what the hell his deal was but I couldn't stop laughing with he told me that :rofl:

I enjoyed it thoroughly. Kerr was candid as hell. I actually remember when Kerr felt he was losing KD. It was the second season he was there, and I think the night before they played Portland Steve Kerr went to dinner with him or something to try and bond w/him or whatever. KD scored 50 and they still lost.

But I've always felt that Kevin was and is building his career arc much like bron. (He called GSW a chapter, just like bron basically did in Miami. Bron changed his number to 6, KD changes his to 7. Bron starts the shop, KD starts the boardroom.) So to me, Kevin thought that even if *****s hate the move to GSW, they'll love me and give me my flowers if I put it down and win chips, like they did for Bron. He overestimated how much people hated that move. Steve Kerr on the pod even admitted how unfair it was.

Also too, I felt like KD really saw it as "KD and the OG warriors" and he never felt "in" and Draymond saying what he said affected him from the standpoint of it basically confirmed that it was "KD and the warriors" the whole time in his eyes.

And Steve was riding with the Clips in that pod :pimp:

Love the question Bill asked about the Duncan/Steph vs Jordan model paths to championships. Different models to success. Bill asking good questions on here. Even brought up the ‘95 loss orlando, and how that was. In depth.

Hawks just need Collins to stay off the roids, scoop up a borderline all star level free agent and they set in the East...This assumes Huerter/Reddish/Hunter develop to consistent starter level on the wings

I think the hawks can rely on Huerter or Hunter taking the next step.

Reddish, not so much, but yea, they’re really a complimentary player away from being a threat in the east

they've got enough money to overpay someone good to get them to the black Mecca.

Internal improvement from Trae, Collins, Huerter, this year's lotto pick, if one of Hunter / reddish pan out, and that free agent signing could have them in the top 4 in the east pretty soon.

Part of that to me is the fact that Trae really is THAT good

Love the question Bill asked about the Duncan/Steph vs Jordan model paths to championships. Different models to success. Bill asking good questions on here. Even brought up the ‘95 loss orlando, and how that was. In depth.

That was cool, how Steve Kerr brought up the fact that he basically was scared playing FOR Jordan, versus playing WITH Duncan. A lot of Kobe's teammates said the same about him in that way.

Then Kerr kind of flipped it, saying that that wasn't inherently a bad thing, that that made him step his game up and not be afraid of the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom