THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not but feel free to think that. I know that I personally do not agree with you and this applies to a fair amount of industries that I can think off the top of my head.... Including my own and my job where what you said does not apply at all to how I get paid.

But its all good bro.

So for 1, you completely removed ALL context of my statement

Also, it is nonsense that "This Mentality" " is what causes people to continued to be underpaid, people of colour especially."

Nah, THE mentality that causes that is Racism White Supremacy.

Not what I said.

So yea, that is nonsense.

So for 1, you completely removed ALL context of my statement

Also, it is nonsense that "This Mentality" " is what causes people to continued to be underpaid, people of colour especially."

Nah, THE mentality that causes that is Racism White Supremacy.

Not what I said.

So yea, that is nonsense.
What context? It was two sentences.

"If the person paying you has the money to pay you, WHATEVER they decide to give you, at THAT moment, is the only thing that matters."

What did I miss here?

What context? It was two sentences.

"If the person paying you has the money to pay you, WHATEVER they decide to give you, at THAT moment, is the only thing that matters."

What did I miss here?

The context is SPORTS COntracts.

We are talking about SPORTS contracts.

That is the context.

So for you to take that to "Your Regular Life" is taking my statement out of context.

I’ll accept the statement that the team who paid up “thought” the player was worth that much - at the time. That doesn’t mean the player IS worth that much.

What if an undrafted guy comes in a balls out on a minimum contract, is that their worth? It’s what someone was willing to pay. That’s not the same thing as their worth.
Is Lebron worth his contract? Or is he worth way more? Of course he is
To that and, I agree, but the contract was written in the past, not today. So using the present tense 'is' when discussing a contract that was written, offered, and signed in the past, that's a discussion on what the player's worth 'was' as opposed to 'is'.

The context is SPORTS COntracts.

We are talking about SPORTS contracts.

That is the context.

So for you to take that to "Your Regular Life" is taking my statement out of context.
It doesn't apply there either due to the existence of salary caps. You can say that about Futbol for sure. The four major American sports? Nah.

To that and, I agree, but the contract was written in the past, not today. So using the present tense 'is' when discussing a contract that was written, offered, and signed in the past, that's a discussion on what the player's worth 'was' worth as opposed to 'is'.
Exactly.

People have a tendency to look at the contract at the minute in which they are speaking on it, and not the moment in which the contract was written up.

It doesn't apply there either due to the existence of salary caps. You can say that about Futbol for sure. The four major American sports? Nah.

Ok.

Ok.

I don't believe in the "concept" of being overpaid.

If the person paying you has the money to pay you, WHATEVER they decide to give you, at THAT moment, is the only thing that matters.
Maybe you need to reread what I said.

You mentioning the Salary Cap has zero to do with my statement considering I said, If the person paying you has the money to pay you, WHATEVER they decide to give you." The team offering said player knows they are limited by the Salary Cap, so I am not even sure why you are introducing that into the discussion.

Ok.

Maybe you need to reread what I said.

You mentioning the Salary Cap has zero to do with my statement considering I said, If the person paying you has the money to pay you, WHATEVER they decide to give you." The team offering said player knows they are limited by the Salary Cap, so I am not even sure why you are introducing that into the discussion.
Got it. Appreciate the back and forth dude. Sorry for missing your point.

What does this even mean? :lol:

The “message of exclusion” part feeds into the bull**** narrative conservatives try to push that BLM necessarily means other lives don’t matter.

I have do idea about the “undermines their potential of the sport” part. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom