THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers will be fine. It’s no doubt a tall order for LeBron to have to be their most important offensive player and best defensive wing on a game-to-game basis in the playoffs against a talented field of West teams, but if any 35 year old is up to that challenge it is LeBron Raymone James.

He's a 21 year old who's forced to be supremely ball dominant in an offense with no other perimeter players that can even really dribble a basketball.

If this isn't kind of what you expected as games close out against good teams, you expected too much. It'll get better. Needs time and needs more support in terms of ball handling and just getting the offense into a flow.

If you could give this Luka the like 2011 version of JJ Barea or Jet Terry, it'd be a different ball game.

I get what you're saying but the ball movement completely disappeared yesterday when Luka came back in.
KP didn't see the ball the rest of the game & those step backs 3s seem to always lead to long rebounds & easy transition baskets.
Before we knew it, the game was out of hand. Luka goes for the Hollywood shot too often instead of driving and drawing the foul or passing out.
KP was hot and we should have played through him. I know Carlisle lets Luka play free, but at some point he has to run a play and put something together.
But I agree that this roster needs major improvement.
Edit- that play where he had Jamychel Green on him on the perimeter and went for a stepback 3 instead of driving really pissed me off tho :lol: .. Like bro..

Last edited:
Way to go PJ.

pj.png

Screenshot_20200806-150852_Instagram.jpg

giphy.gif
I joke about booty eating, but I really don't do it. This crack right here though is begging to slide your face through like a credit card.

I get what you're saying but the ball movement completely disappeared yesterday when Luka came back in.
KP didn't see the ball the rest of the game & those step backs 3s seem to always lead to long rebounds & easy transition baskets.
Before we knew it, the game was out of hand. Luka goes for the Hollywood shot too often instead of driving and drawing the foul or passing out.
KP was hot and we should have played through him. I know Carlisle lets Luka play free, but at some point he has to run a play and put something together.
But I agree that this roster needs major improvement.
Edit- that play where he had Jamychel Green on him on the perimeter and went for a stepback 3 instead of driving really pissed me off tho :lol: .. Like bro..
I do think we need to find some ways to play through KP a little more assertively even when Luka's on the floor.

He found his legs right around the all-star break and has looked like all-star Knicks-level KP ever since. He's like 25/11/2.5 since the break. And he's been even better in the bubble.

Just gotta keep building chemistry and figuring things out.

one of my favorite harden stats: since joining the rockets in 2012/2013, Harden has played in 610 out of 642 regular season games. over the same stretch:

AD - 526
Bron - 573
steph - 519
kawhi - 458
KD - 469
russ - 565
PG - 523
CP3 - 531

giannis is the closest with 526/561 games possible (rookie season 2013-2014).

obviously health comes with a little bit of luck, but in an era where people freely rest games he's been an nba ironman.

Harden is one of those guys who will never be universally appreciated until he retires, sadly.

I was listening to one of Simmons' TBOB podcasts yesterday, and House called him the guard version of Karl Malone. Insane regular season stats, but consistently underwhelming in the playoffs, including some memorable choke jobs and no shows. Thought the comparison was apt.

Life comes at you fast, man. In the matter of less than a week it went from being unsure if the Lakers could beat the Clips in the WCF to “If the Blazers sneak in as the 8-seed, they’re taking out the Lakers.”

Max chaos in the West:
RD1: LAL - POR
RD2: LAL - HOU
WCF: LAL - LAC

That’s brutal. If Bron gets thru that then he can talk his **** about what he’s done in the West but even so it won’t mean a thing without a ring. Does set up a nice “imaginary ring” scenario, though for the folks that believe in that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom