THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the all time scorers list. Wondering how much more he’ll climb before he retires.

He’s listed at #15 with 26446 total career points. Elvin Hayes stands at #10 (27313).

895 total points in 58 games played this season.

Could he crack top 10 in a couple seasons?

I was JUST thinking about the Lakers having those three consecutive #2 picks and the #7 the year before...would those picks be considered failures? Two of them became all-stars but it was after they bounced then the other two will be future journeymen. Also was the sentiment ever “The Lakers aren’t used to picking that high so they don’t know to evaluate draft talent.”?
Moot point because those picks ultimately served their purpose in acquiring Anthony Davis, which is HUGE considering New Orleans traded him within the conference and he’ll still be in his prime when New Orleans actually wants to make the playoffs. They took the Lakers picks anyway, busts or not. Mission accomplished if you’re the Lakers.

LeBron was 34 when he signed. He’s not waiting on a bunch of young guys to develop.

I was looking at the all time scorers list. Wondering how much more he’ll climb before he retires.

He’s listed at #15 with 26446 total career points. Elvin Hayes stands at #10 (27313).

During one of the games this week, they mentioned if he can average around 13 PPG next season he can crack top 10.

Moot point because those picks ultimately served their purpose in acquiring Anthony Davis, which is HUGE considering New Orleans traded him within the conference and he’ll still be in his prime when New Orleans actually wants to make the playoffs. They took the Lakers picks anyway, busts or not. Mission accomplished if you’re the Lakers.

LeBron was 34 when he signed. He’s not waiting on a bunch of young guys to develop.
Yep the entire point of tanking those four years was to draft a superstar or trade for one.

Apologies to Boogie Cousins, Paul George, Jimmy Butler and anyone else that was rumored for those picks/prospects.

I think he can he likely would be there already if they didnt steal a season from him

Why is today's game at 2:30 EST and not like 8:00 EST. :rolleyes

At the time, I hated the Randle pick, loved the D'Lo/Ingram picks and was 50/50 on the Ball pick.

Randle was pretty good value. D'Lo was fine, Ingram was great and well Lonzo. :lol:
gotta assume they did an early game in case they have to play tomorrow? Help these guys out a little

Walton really an NBA Lifer ...Even if yo got fired he woulda stumbled into the Bulls or Nets job
200 (1).gif

Last edited:
I was JUST thinking about the Lakers having those three consecutive #2 picks and the #7 the year before...would those picks be considered failures? Two of them became all-stars but it was after they bounced then the other two will be future journeymen. Also was the sentiment ever “The Lakers aren’t used to picking that high so they don’t know to evaluate draft talent.”?
D Lo, BI and Randle were all solid picks so can’t say they missed on them...What you can fault the Lakers for is terrible development and chaos in the organization once they got there, they all had to dip to flourish but LA saw the original potential

Lonzo you can call a bad pick but I understood it at the time, so many outside factors contributed to that decision

D Lo, BI and Randle were all solid picks so can’t say they missed on them...What you can fault the Lakers for is terrible development and chaos in the organization once they got there, they all had to dip to flourish but LA saw the original potential

Lonzo you can call a bad pick but I understood it at the time, so many outside factors contributed to that decision

I don’t fault the Lakers for the Lonzo pic at all. Living in LA, the hometown kid bringing the Lakers prominence narrative was too powerful for them to go in another direction.

I don’t fault the Lakers for the Lonzo pic at all. Living in LA, the hometown kid bringing the Lakers prominence narrative was too powerful for them to go in another direction.
Except he wasn't THAT kind of guy though. He's a player that enhances others, but never would've been THE guy. And he had just got his *** handed to him in the tourney by a clearly far superior PG prospect.

He was definitely fun to watch at UCLA, surrounded by elite teammates. But as a singular talent, his deficiencies were glaring. Still a lottery talent though.

Yeah, you guys are right. There was really so much going on in the organization throughout that period of time but at the end of the day, getting AD cancels all that out. It’s a very unique situation because I don’t see the situation working out the way it did for many other teams. In the midst of that they gave bags to Deng to Mozgov too :sick: :lol:

All I'm saying is, the role of the elite PG had clearly changed once we hit 2010 or so and Lonzo didn't have the skillset that fit that. Using the #2 pick on that didn't make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom