THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
do I think he's going to be successful and turn things around for the Blazers? No I don't but I also don't think we can judge just yet
No ones judging Carmelo on last night. He’s being judged for being piss for the past 3 seasons and last night is funny because it’s a reminder to people who tried to pretend otherwise.

If Melo fails it is what it is here. It should be a bit better if expectations are lowered.

Let's not act like he was not playing with Russ and Harden in his last 2 situations.

**** I do not even want to play with those 2.

Including Chris Paul, you wouldn’t want to play with guys that are actively trying to get you the ball? If you can’t play with guys like that, you probably should hang it up already. Melo got the 100% green light last night, and we what happened.

Yeah, Melo is supposed to be washed so talking about his last 4 seasons is different than judging his career.

That said the biggest issue with Melo’s career in full, imo, was not necessarily his inefficiency. It’s that he struggled to get his points within the flow of the offense and so was always a ball stopper, which hurt his teammates. And that he didn’t do any of the little things well on the court, like making quick decisions, setting picks or playing defense.

Yeah he was generally inefficient but he wasn’t terrible on that front.

when your one of the best in Scorers in the league 9/10 your a ball stopper... (even when your an amazing passer.... see James Harden & Lebron).

and those same criticisms can be made for most All Star level players who are scorers.... doing the little things and being great on both sides of the ball is what turns a great player to an All time player.

In his later years people have really tried to make Melo out like he wasn't that good or like he wasn't a franchise player & that's where i draw the line.

for the life of me, I'll never understand why this is such a big story. " Washed up 35 year old, future hall-of-famer can't get back in the league despite his best efforts".

Why is this such a big deal? I feel like Carmelo got a lot more love in sympathy when he was trying to get back on the league then he did when he was in the league.

His last couple of seasons in the league, the narrative was "he's old", "he's washed up and he's a chucker who plays no defense" but the moment he's out of the league and trying to get back in the narrative became "why isn't Melo in the league?" "This is some type of Injustice, he's being blackballed". This whole thing is just bizarre to me

Harden keeping random dudes like Ben Macklemore and Danyule House in the league. Not about to place any blame on him for Melo looking like he did.

Melo just is what he is at this point. Poor defense and 10-12 points on 40ish% shooting. And honestly that’s probably still better than what Hezonja and the other dudes were contributing.

Portland could use him, I still stand by that. Let him play a couple more games and see what he looks like.

Low-risk low reward as someone here said. They need scoring badly
Yea I know it's just one game so far but he isn't exactly scoring. He had more fga than points scored last night. He was outscored by bench player Nasir Little who only took 6 shots.

I'd say he probably hurt Portland last night just by taking minutes away from Little. Maybe the way the young man was rolling he could've had more than 12 points.

Last edited:
when your one of the best in Scorers in the league 9/10 your a ball stopper... (even when your an amazing passer.... see James Harden & Lebron).

and those same criticisms can be made for most All Star level players who are scorers.... doing the little things and being great on both sides of the ball is what turns a great player to an All time player.

In his later years people have really tried to make Melo out like he wasn't that good or like he wasn't a franchise player & that's where i draw the line.
There’s a little more nuance than that. Melo has always struggled to make decisions quickly, whether it’s attacking the basket, shooting or passing in ways that Harden and Lebron don’t.

I think we largely agree, I don’t think Melo was a bad player by any means. He’s had a very good career. Not doing the little things well prevented him from being in the same category as his all time great peers whether that’s Lebron, Wade, Dirk etc.

Last edited:
Melo in his 17th year, hasn't played ball in a year plus & came into the game being expected to run offense immediately.

What did anyone think was going to happen :lol:

I sometimes wonder how a guy like Melo would be looked at if he was in his prime under today's rules & trends.. Melo dominated & took contested mid ranges because during his era of ball that was emphasized..

If he was developed under the trends & style of this era... he takes the same contested shots but instead of doing that from 18 he's doing it from 3 and making 34-35 percent of them. Suddenly he goes to being an "efficient" player.

Melo was fairly efficient in Denver....and they had one of the top offenses in the league during his time there, and a perennial playoff team in a tough west. He was a top 5-10 player for about 6-7 years.

He wasn’t wronged. He’s a victim of the western conference, and a bad decision not making himself a free agent in 2010. That’s it. His time just came up.

Getting rid of the three point foul isn't the answer. You just call offensive foul on the person flopping or just don't the foul and it's fixed. Easier said than done cuz refs continue to fall for the same flops over and over again.

Man Melo couldn’t make open shots.

Harden is perfect if you’re a catch and shoot role player. Ben Mac actually looks serviceable .

He Was supposed to be out of the league. Houston ain’t even supposed to be in the playoffs . Yet they’re a game back of the mighty lakers.

Lakers left Minneapolis and took the GOAT jerseys with them.
ctyp-jerseyboys.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom