THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You couldn't convince me there was a "safer" #1 pick than Blake back in 2009.

As a Clippers fan, I would have been mad if they took anyone else. And even though Steph and Harden are better players than him now, I’m not sure either of them would have done for the Clippers what Blake did. His rookie year was really the catalyst for everything that happened to the Clippers after.

Blake was on pace to be a top 5-10 player in the league right now, shame about the injuries.

My only gripe with Blake was that he took too many jumpers, rather than driving too the rim or posting up.

He has underrated handles for a big, and a pretty good passer.

Blake was on pace to be a top 5-10 player in the league right now, shame about the injuries.

My only gripe with Blake was that he took too many jumpers, rather than driving too the rim or posting up.

He has underrated handles for a big, and a pretty good passer.

i think he's easily a top 15 player and on any given night can be easily the best player on the floor. i really wanna see him & drose do sum damage this year.

I remember peeping Blake's college highlights. The thing that jumped out at me is that they were all offensive highlights.

Zion has whole duke videos of him just playing defense

I think the defensive side of the ball has been a rougher transition for Zion so far. He has some stuff to figure out such as proper positioning and he seems to be caught off guard with how quick his opponents can attack off the dribble.

I remember he closed out on Zach Lavine and it seemed like he wasn't expecting Zach to beat him so quickly.

But once he figures it out I think he'll be a monster on defense, whereas throughout Blake's ten year career so far he was never known for his d

Last edited:
Hold up...

Dame and CJ really played 30 mins a piece and lost by 16 to the Suns without Booker, Ayton and Rubio?

Tried to tell y’all the Blazers weren’t good this year but nobody wanted to hear it. Their current best players outside of their top 2 are Rodney Hood, Zach Collins and Whiteside. They’re in for a rough year.

elaborate.

basically, you're saying if blake (as a rookie, not now) and zion (now) were both entering the draft at the same time, you would take blake over zion?

i'm not that big on zion, but i think zion would still be the better "prospect" imo
Nah Blake at Oklahoma was better than Zion at Duke had more in his bag offensively
Better rebounder and passer legit 6-9 PF

Nah Blake at Oklahoma was better than Zion at Duke had more in his bag offensively
Better rebounder and passer legit 6-9 PF
Blake - 22/10/2.3

Zion - 22/9/2.1

Zion played in a better basketball conference vs. Better talent.

Seems like they were equal rebounder and passers to me.

In addition Zion is 2 years younger than Blake was entering the draft.

Blake gets the nod on nba ready size at 6'10 as opposed to 6'7 for zion

Even though numbers don't really support the passing/rebounding theory, is debatable. Zion being 2 years younger at the same period in time makes him the better draft "prospect" imo.

Hold up...

Dame and CJ really played 30 mins a piece and lost by 16 to the Suns without Booker, Ayton and Rubio?

Tried to tell y’all the Blazers weren’t good this year but nobody wanted to hear it. Their current best players outside of their top 2 are Rodney Hood, Zach Collins and Whiteside. They’re in for a rough year.
It's pre season

Blake - 22/10/2.3

Zion - 22/9/2.1

Zion played in a better basketball conference vs. Better talent.

Seems like they were equal rebounder and passers to me.

In addition Zion is 2 years younger than Blake was entering the draft.

Blake gets the nod on nba ready size at 6'10 as opposed to 6'7 for zion

Even though numbers don't really support the passing/rebounding theory, is debatable. Zion being 2 years younger at the same period in time makes him the better draft "prospect" imo.
I don’t think Zion will be the rebounder he was at Duke in the NBA I see him avg around 6-7 a game

And he def won’t the passer Blake is

Zion is gonna be a hell of a player once his figures it out.

But Ja Morant is gonna be the best player of this draft when we look back in 5-10 years.

Drummond has got to be the most annoying player to root for
I started watching the Pistons when Blake got traded there and i've never seen a player sulk as much as Drummond. Every single missed shot, he drops his head and doesn't get back. constantly getting blocked because he always goes up with some weak little lay ins instead of just dunking it, dude is frustrating to watch

It's pre season

The Blazers have two very good players on their team and not much else. Both those players played 30 minutes and the other team’s three best players didn’t even play and they still lost by 16. Preseason or not that ain’t a good sign man.

Hold up...

Blazers haven’t been good since Sheed Wallace played for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom