THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Javale Abdul Jabbar

Also, javale Durant.

Bron finna be 3rd best player on the Lakers this season lmao

Last edited:
13E386D8-8ABD-4E95-84C5-FB5D65DE8A91.png

I know people typically think preseason means absolutely nothing but that’s pretty nuts that the top 8 standings are basically the exact playoff order of last season in the East other than the Raptors. Might be a good indication of what’s to come.

It also seems like teams have played their starters/star players a lot more so far this preseason than I remember in years past.

We're exaggerating AD's thumb injury, but he'd probably be a top 3 talent right now if he could stay healthy and consistent.

Embiid has top 5 potential too, if he can stay healthy.

I'm excited to see how Shai (SGA) develops with a bigger role at OKC.
He has potential to be a star, or an all-star type player.
Especially since he's learning under CP3, and he's being given keys to the franchise.

I thought Clipper fans were just overhyping this kid last year (like they claim they the best team in Cali).
And quite honestly, I thought he was just gonna be a defensive PG with playmaking skills (Like a washed Rondo on the Lakers).

He's still raw, and he needs to polish his offensive game.
But the length, athleticism, motor, and IQ is there.
I know y'all hate comparisons but he kinda reminds me of Jrue Holiday without the shooting, or he has has that Draymond Green type impact (a little bit of everything).

I know people typically think preseason means absolutely nothing but that’s pretty nuts that the top 8 standings are basically the exact playoff order of last season in the East other than the Raptors. Might be a good indication of what’s to come.

I wouldn't say that preseason means absolutely nothing, but I would definitely say that the W-L team records during the preseason mean absolutely nothing.

We're exaggerating AD's thumb injury, but he'd probably be a top 3 talent right now if he could stay healthy and consistent.

Embiid has top 5 potential too, if he can stay healthy.

Embiid already is a top 5 player in the league.

Embiid already is a top 5 player in the league.
I have him just outside my top 5, but he'll move up my list depending on how well they do this season.

My list ranked in order:
KD (when healthy)
Kawhi
Giannis
Harden (could be higher if he was a better defender)
Lebron (Just cause he's Lebron)
Curry, AD , Embiid (In no particular order)

Embiid the October - December GOAT.

And in other news Cavs had 26 at the half.....

Ira Newble rolling over in his grave :smh:

Embiid averaged a season high 30 PPG and 15 RPG with 2 APG, 2 BPG and 2 SPG in March this year. Then averaged 27-12-9 with 3 blocks in his first two games of April before we rested him before the playoffs.

Embiid is averaging 20.7 points on .431 shooting in the playoffs so far throughout his career.
So far, he is making David Robinson look like a legendary playoff performer.
In other words, this troll (when things are going right), but crybaby (when things are going wrong) is definitely not top 5.

Is Embiid better than AD and Jokic?

Kinda have to see how AD plays with lebron this season, but in his NOLA days he was the definitive best big in the league

If Embiid is a top 5 player then I feel the sixers should’ve have a bit more playoff success

Reactions: MVP
I'm excited to see how Shai (SGA) develops with a bigger role at OKC.
He has potential to be a star, or an all-star type player.
Especially since he's learning under CP3, and he's being given keys to the franchise.

I thought Clipper fans were just overhyping this kid last year (like they claim they the best team in Cali).
And quite honestly, I thought he was just gonna be a defensive PG with playmaking skills (Like a washed Rondo on the Lakers).

He's still raw, and he needs to polish his offensive game.
But the length, athleticism, motor, and IQ is there.
I know y'all hate comparisons but he kinda reminds me of Jrue Holiday without the shooting, or he has has that Draymond Green type impact (a little bit of everything).
He has size and can slither past people when he needs to. That coupled with being able to finish in traffic makes him very effective.

Even disregarding his awful playoff performances and focusing on the regular season alone, Embiid is yet to make the all-NBA 1st team as a center, a feat that all-time great juggernauts like Joakim Noah and DeAndre Jordan managed to accomplish during this era.

Embiid averaged a season high 30 PPG and 15 RPG with 2 APG, 2 BPG and 2 SPG in March this year. Then averaged 27-12-9 with 3 blocks in his first two games of April before we rested him before the playoffs.

tbf the arrival of Buckets and Tobias slowed him down a lil on an individual level...

I’m a fan though. Hopefully he can stay healthy and give Giannis work this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom