THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think part of what Bron is trying to say is that Morey wouldn't have sent a tweet like that if he personally was on his way to China. Dude might not have made it back to the states if he did something like that. So from that standpoint it was selfish, misinformed and what not. And Morey hasn't shown any kind of interest in the issue whatsoever outside of a quickly deleted tweet so it comes off like he really didn't know what he was doing and doesn't really care all that much. He's not exactly Kaepernick here.

From the little I know the situation in Hong Kong and China in general is pretty complex. So even just showing support for hk can be construed a couple different ways, it's not all that straightforward. But even with that I think a lot of these guys are dodging the issue when they say they're not informed. Fact is, China has a lot of people by the balls. Nobody involved has spoken down on China and they all tiptoe around the subject. It's easy to type on a message board about how righteous you are but I don't even know what I would do in this situation. It's not just about your own financial gain and it's more nuanced than just saying '**** China'
This is a great point.

You see it as out the blue. Someone else might view it as the team he’s the General Manager for was on their way to this country in the midst of political turmoil.

It doesn’t make his opinion any more right or wrong. He’s entitled to his free speech.

And now Lebby has boxed himself into an unnecessary corner where he will now be associated with “not supporting democracy” all because he doesn’t want to face blow back from China. That’s his real issue with Morey.

See that's the thing. I haven't seen anybody involved say anything that can be construed as not supporting democracy or freedom of speech. They all speak in vague terms making sure they don't actually condemn what's happening in China in a 'not my business' sort of way.

The rockets went to Japan not China. Have you seen Morey have to deal with the media in the past couple weeks? If he was really that interested in the cause he would show his face and double down on his stance but he backtracked like everybody else. That's what adds another layer to the situation. Morey took a stance then he sat right back down and faded away while everyone is left to deal with the fallout. So it's like how do you really show support for him when he doesn't stand by what he said

See that's the thing. I haven't seen anybody involved say anything that can be construed as not supporting democracy or freedom of speech. They all speak in vague terms making sure they don't actually condemn what's happening in China in a 'not my business' sort of way.

The rockets went to Japan not China. Have you seen Morey have to deal with the media in the past couple weeks? If he was really that interested in the cause he would show his face and double down on his stance but he backtracked like everybody else. That's what adds another layer to the situation. Morey took a stance then he sat right back down and faded away while everyone is left to deal with the fallout. So it's like how do you really show support for him when he doesn't stand by what he said

Bron sit on Snapchat and IG all damn day.... like bruh, you couldn’t do a quick google fact check or research? People use phone and still misinformed.

Dummy Bron. I’m a fan of his game, SOMETIMES. But that’s it. I don’t care for Bron at all. I could not hang with a dude like him. He’s the ultimate try-hard.

Morey made the comment, Morey should be the one to stand by it.

When the players speak on issues, they stand by it. The don't make throw stones then hide. Morey been lowkey since but LeBron is getting criticized for not taking shots for Morey.

That's backwards.

When the players speak on issues, they stand by it. The don't make throw stones then hide. Morey been lowkey since but LeBron is getting criticized for not taking shots for Morey.

That's backwards.

He’s not taking shots for Morey. He’s taking shots for his own comments.

All he had to do was say no comment or that he personally was not well versed on the situation. Leave it right there. But he decided to say that Morey wasn’t educated enough on the subject and then try to walk back his comments.

All he had to do was say no comment or that he personally was not well versed on the situation. Leave it right there. But he decided to say that Morey wasn’t educated enough on the subject and then try to walk back his comments.
Considering Morey himself did a whole backtrack and hasn't been heard from since, maybe he isn't? He could've doubled down on his comment if he truly meant it, or he could've just stayed quiet in the first place. It got too hot for him and he backtracked and now everyone else has to quell the fire he started?

And that's not to say that these players think what's going on in China is right but since it's happened they are the one dealing with the media along with Silver. That doesn't seem off to anyone?

white people love to talk about injustices in other countries but always turn a blind eye to whats going on in their own communities..its easy to bash lebron for his comments but that doesn't take away what he's done to improve things for black people besides stop bull****ting yall didnt care/were aware of the situation in China until morey's comments..im 100% certain majority of yall aren't doing to help the people in Hong Kong except for beinf keyboard activists
Say it louder so the WHITE people in the back of the room can here it!!!

Last edited:
Considering Morey himself did a whole backtrack and hasn't been heard from since, maybe he isn't? He could've doubled down on his comment if he truly meant it, or he could've just stayed quiet in the first place. It got too hot for him and he backtracked and now everyone else has to quell the fire he started?

And that's not to say that these players think what's going on in China is right but since it's happened they are the one dealing with the media along with Silver. That doesn't seem off to anyone?
Typical corporate america. Frontline employees left to deal with the mess management caused.

LMFAO at black people saying this is a step back in Lebrons Legacy.... this man ain't do nothing but put on for HIS community and step up but becuse he doesn't wanna speak on an international issue, suddenly it's a black eye :lol: :lol:

****** love going to bat and "supporting" things that don't reciprocate the support.

I am SICK of these SJW poking their chest out telling everyone what they should sacrifice & do for causes they barely care about. some of ya'll ****** wouldn't even take a missed payday from your job to stand for something but the NBA/LBJ are selfish for not alienating an entire country that plays a HUGE role in their business.

i am sick of the frauding online... and even worse is that by the start of the regular season nobody is gonna care :lol:

Last edited:

Morey wasn't educated on the impact, not the subject. *

That's backwards.

morey absolutely should be in front of cameras but he retreated like the coward management type he is and is now protected because this issue is bigger than basketball.

lebron probably shouldn't have taken it upon himself to be a spokesperson for the players. sorry he had a tough time in china this past week, but there are people in hong kong who are having it way tougher so it's hard to sympathize with lebron right now when his interests aren't siding with the human rights issues that these protests have sparked

Morey wasn't educated on the impact, not the subject. *

That’s a pretty fine line, which I’m not sure makes a ton of sense. How could one educate themselves on the potential impact of commenting on the Hong Kong situation without knowing something about the Hong Kong situation itself?

Or to put it another way, I don’t think there was anything Morey could have done to educate himself to the fact one tweet from him on this subject would cause an international ****storm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom