THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand the overkill sentiment. Maybe we see how things play out now that everyone is healthy? They're off to a good start thus far.

And how on Earth does Aaron Gordon "clear up the logjam"? He's not a Center and I'm not really sure he does anything better than Jaylen.

It’s not necessarily about Aaron Gordon being better but fitting next to Hayward/Kemba/Tatum. I’m not a fan Brown at all y’all need to get bigger. But if he’s not even eligible to move then I’m just typing for no reason

It’s not necessarily about Aaron Gordon being better but fitting next to Hayward/Kemba/Tatum. I’m not a fan Brown at all y’all need to get bigger. But if he’s not even eligible to move then I’m just typing for no reason
Gordon is not a better fit next to them though. He's a worse shooter and probably not a better defender either.

I get you don't like him for some reason, but he's a good player and fits in the system well. The only move that would make sense is to trade him for a young Center. Not a wing that is marginally taller than him.

You Know who would be a really good fit for the Celtics? A guy who can bang with other bigs, rebounds well & can knockdown open jumpers? Aron Baynes

Not like Da Wzrd had a guy like that on his roster or nothing

Who says no to Whiteside+first round pick for Aldridge?

The Last of Pop's sanity

Also While Miami does look good so far, Idk how the Justice/Jimmy pairing is gonna work offensively, as Winslow showed last year he's by far a better player when being allowed to run Point forward.

If you Miami do you offer up a package of Winslow/Leonard or Johnson for K.Love & filler?

Only issue i see MIA having with that is losing another guy to defend the wings, but Bam & K Love would fit perfectly together.

Yes that would be nice. Being able to clear enough cap space for Kemba Walker was nice too. Ever think of that?

Baynes made all of 5 Million Dollars Last year i'm sure there were smaller pieces they could have traded to make the deal work.

On top of that the Celtics were already at 25 in cap space with just Horford/Kyrie/Morris leaving & they did a sign & Trade for Kemba....

either way If they actually want to be a real contender in the East they gotta find a big who could get some things done.

Cavs at Wizards over Heat at Lakers. Flex schedule needs to be implemented asap.

I think Heat Vs Lakers don't start until 10:30 but it's on NBATV

Also who the hell would have guessed a Tristian Thompson Resurgence?? dude is averaging 17 & 12 so far this season, Tristian trying to trick his way on to another city

Entire league was having sleepless nights because of the beige wunderkind from Davidson

It's just that they actually looked forward to facing Curry and Green without their championship brethren by their side, what with the shimmying Curry and bicep-flexing Green having had the most fun waving the Warriors' five-year dominance in everyone's face.

That was apparently far more annoying than opponents let on while it was happening, and a host of players, executives and scouts were looking forward to showing Curry and Green just how much they resented it.

"It got old with the antics," one Pacific Division player says. "Now that they've come back to reality, you want to beat the hell out of them and see Steph with that towel over his head in the fourth [quarter].

OH WORD?? You mean steph might've actually earned all the hate and it aint just because he was cursed to be born lite skin??? Ya don't say

Cavs at Wizards over Heat at Lakers. Flex schedule needs to be implemented asap.

Yeah, except one's an East Coast game starting at 7 and one's a West Coast game starting at 10:30, and they're both on national tv anyway. And every other game in the 7:00/7:30 timeslot is blah just like Cavs/Wizards.

The reviews were mixed on which Warrior, Curry or Green, had inspired more desire for revenge with their animated celebrations.

"Steph," an Eastern Conference vice president says. "Shimmies. The mouthguard. (Curry has it habitually hanging out of his mouth.) The list is endless."

While Durant's critics among the media and fans have portrayed him as someone who jumped on the Warriors' championship bandwagon, those surveyed inside the league see him as the catalyst that turned them from one-time title winners into three-time champions. That made Curry and Green's preening, while earned during the first two years, come off as presumptuous over the last three. Durant earned the right to revel, yet he seemed to do it the least.

"Adding KD made it the cheat code," the Pacific Division player says. "We respect the Warriors and their previous accomplishments, but when they added KD, no one looked at them the same. Even KD knew it was unfair. I never saw him celebrate the same way. It added to those other guys' legacy more than his."

"Obviously, they were good before KD, but once they got him, they took it to another level," he says. "But I know for a fact—particularly Draymond, who I have the utmost respect for—when they were on top, they let everybody know they were on top, and you felt their presence. But everything comes to an end at some point. Guys were looking forward to getting at them without that 7-foot monster [Durant], so now everybody feels it's an even playing field. Everybody is excited about that."
Responses were equally mixed about which recent superteam was more obnoxious, the Warriors or the LeBron James-led Miami Heat.

"More the Warriors," Hood says. "There wasn't a lot of barking with the Heat. Seemed like they just had fun. It was different."

WOWWWWWWW THAT'S CRAZZZZZYYYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom