THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long til OKC has a fire sale? i don't see them getting rid of anyone until around the deadline because they wanna have at least decent pieces around to help CP3 look good as possible? But they 100% getting rid of Gallo & i still think Adams is a good pickup for a playoff team

Lot of dudes on here were convinced he'd be the best pro out of the Duke freshmen.

He had all the attractive physical qualities that people like. His jump shot looked pretty and he had the ideal build and length of an NBA wing player. But I always thought the positives stopped there. I always questioned if he had inner drive. I know Zion and RJ was dominating the ball at Duke, but I don't think that's any excuse to play with so little drive.

He had all the attractive physical qualities that people like. His jump shot looked pretty and he had the ideal build and length of an NBA wing player. But I always thought the positives stopped there. I always questioned if he had inner drive. I know Zion and RJ was dominating the ball at Duke, but I don't think that's any excuse to play with so little drive.

Sometimes you would forget he was even on the court.

How long til OKC has a fire sale? i don't see them getting rid of anyone until around the deadline because they wanna have at least decent pieces around to help CP3 look good as possible? But they 100% getting rid of Gallo & i still think Adams is a good pickup for a playoff team
Similar to the Tristan situation, except Adams isn't expiring, his contract makes him really tough for a playoff team to trade for without having to drastically change your current roster. He makes $25.8M this year and $27.5M next year.

To be honest...I think unless their record gets really bad and/or somebody demands out I think they just ride it out. All their losses so far have been to playoff teams besides the Wizards.

Odds flattening means GS is likely not to even get at top 3 pick in a really weak draft. You hate to see it.

Similar to the Tristan situation, except Adams isn't expiring, his contract makes him really tough for a playoff team to trade for without having to drastically change your current roster. He makes $25.8M this year and $27.5M next year.

If i'm Portland I try to offer them Whiteside & a future pick and try to get Adams. Unless Portland plans on blowing it all up soon, this is the best year to try & get things done. Adams isn't a perfect fit but he'll be good for them.

Hell I would try a Adams/Gallo for Whiteside/ Bazemore a future 1st & filler... OKC gets a first, gets immediate cap relief & maybe a second round pick/ young player.

Portland still has Nurkic coming back but expecting him to return to form by the playoffs is asking a lot. Adams only has one year after this so in the case Nurkic is 100% by the start of next season you could flip Adams again or just let him expire for cap purposes.

To be honest...I think unless their record gets really bad and/or somebody demands out I think they just ride it out. All their losses so far have been to playoff teams besides the Wizards.

that's kind of my point, they've looked too good to be a top 5 team, but not good enough to be a playoff team... I think by AS break they are gonna let some of these vets go, these next few months are them just trying to get everyones value up.

If i'm Portland I try to offer them Whiteside & a future pick and try to get Adams. Unless Portland plans on blowing it all up soon, this is the best year to try & get things done. Adams isn't a perfect fit but he'll be good for them.

Hell I would try a Adams/Gallo for Whiteside/ Bazemore a future 1st & filler... OKC gets a first, gets immediate cap relief & maybe a second round pick/ young player.

Portland still has Nurkic coming back but expecting him to return to form by the playoffs is asking a lot. Adams only has one year after this so in the case Nurkic is 100% by the start of next season you could flip Adams again or just let him expire for cap purposes.
Completely agree that Portland needs to do whatever they can. They are really the one team that has the right contracts/pieces in order to shake things up. I like that trade you mentioned for both teams, assuming OKC wants to embrace a tank.

Dame/CJ/Hood/Gallo/Adams would be formidable.

I think OKC should do what the clippers did last year and move pieces while still being competitive. Except they probably won't make the playoffs and they aren't signing any big free agents. But it would still be good to establish that culture going forward. And I think Portland should make Love a priority. Adams is kinda overrated and redundant. Basically I don't think a healthy Adams takes them further than a recovering Nurkic

I think OKC should do what the clippers did last year and move pieces while still being competitive.
The problem though is that they are located in Oklahoma City and not Los Angeles. They just aren't going to attract free agents like the Clippers or Lakers could. Building through the draft (again) is what they are going to have to do.

What the Clips did last year made sense because they are a destination city, compounded with the fact that they have a great coach and front office in place.

People been wanting the Blazers to make moves just cuz for the past couple years now...They did their changes in the offseason now they gotta live with it, nothing they can do during the season wont help as much as Nurkic being healthy and CJ playing better

The problem though is that they are located in Oklahoma City and not Los Angeles. They just aren't going to attract free agents like the Clippers or Lakers could. Building through the draft (again) is what they are going to have to do.

What the Clips did last year made sense because they are a destination city, compounded with the fact that they have a great coach and front office in place.

I literally said that in the next sentence :lol:. They're not gonna be bad enough to bottom out and they really don't need to with the lotto odds. On top of that they have an abundance of assets as it is. Might as well compete

Is Steven Adams really an upgrade from whiteside? Enough to move the needle at least?

I don’t see it.

Enough to move them into coming out of the West i doubt it, but yes he's a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over whiteside in terms of he will do his job & play smart nightly. In theory Whiteside is a paint protector, but he tries to block everything & ****s up the team defense.

Portland needs something & if not now then when? I expect the Clippers & Lakers to get better next year. GS is gonna come back with their trio rested & whatever they get in the offseason. They gotta pull the trigger on something & a Adams/Gallo return for essentially a first & some role players can really help them.

Sometimes teams just have bad luck the Blazers window much like the Rockets has passed.

I literally said that in the next sentence :lol:. They're not gonna be bad enough to bottom out and they really don't need to with the lotto odds. On top of that they have an abundance of assets as it is. Might as well compete
I get what you're saying, but there's also a big change in the lotto odds once you drop out of the bottom 7. If you are in the bottom 7, you have a 40% (or greater depending on how bad you are) chance of a Top 4 pick. Once you drop to 8th, you are at 26.2% and then you go down to 14.7%.

I'm not saying they need to full out go process Sixers with it, but they would be doing themselves a serious disservice by not navigating their way into that Bottom 7.

I get what you're saying, but there's also a big change in the lotto odds once you drop out of the bottom 7. If you are in the bottom 7, you have a 40% (or greater depending on how bad you are) chance of a Top 4 pick. Once you drop to 8th, you are at 26.2% and then you go down to 14.7%.

I'm not saying they need to full out go process Sixers with it, but they would be doing themselves a serious disservice by not navigating their way into that Bottom 7.

Looking at the standings and there's already about 10 teams that have a head start over them in the tank race. It's just too much ground to make up imo especially if they aren't going to give up until February. If they can move some contracts and get some rotation players that help them compete now and in the future along with some late picks I say go for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom