THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only true young guys on OKC are SGA, Diallo, Ferguson, and Bazley. SGA might be the only "Starter on a Good Team" caliber player out of that group.

While they have a ton of future draft picks, the issue is they are all the picks of teams that are either in destination cities (LAC and MIA) or Houston, who has only been below .500 twice in the last 15 years.

They are going to need to do a combo of tanking themselves and potentially overpaying young RFAs.

Is Steven Adams really an upgrade from whiteside? Enough to move the needle at least?

I don’t see it.
Me either. Then you have to do something with Nurk when he gets back.

I would be targeting Aaron Gordon.

It's funny, I was thinking they could have taken a risk and bought low on Wiggins, but the price would probably be too high now.

I dont see them making a trade tho, unless its CJ. Simons is untouchable basically and Collins is hurt so they cant trade him.

Me either. Then you have to do something with Nurk when he gets back.

This is mainly what I was thinking. He has an extra year of salary that you would have to get off the following year...or pay a back up center 25 mil. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through for a lateral move.

83% from FT. He’ll get right. I’m still taking him shooting over Ben and Zo

I mean...I think the difference is shooting is actually an extremely important part of his game while Ben and Lonzo have elite attributes in other parts of the game that he definitely doesn’t have.

Cam shouldn’t have went to Duke. Placed an unfair target in his back with people having unrealistic expectations. He’s a project...but being attached to Zion and RJ has people thinking he should be in their realm when he never was.

A similar level project like Romeo Langford can go lottery and just chill on the sideline/gleague until his number called. Cam on the other hand is expected to be Paul George immediately.

Cam shouldn’t have went to Duke. Placed an unfair target in his back with people having unrealistic expectations. He’s a project...but being attached to Zion and RJ has people thinking he should be in their realm when he never was.

A similar level project like Romeo Langford can go lottery and just chill on the sideline/gleague until his number called. Cam on the other hand is expected to be Paul George immediately.

I think it goes both ways. I’ve dead heard people say playing with RJ and Zion held him back, which helps his case.

I don’t know if he could have put up the numbers Langford did but we will never know

This is mainly what I was thinking. He has an extra year of salary that you would have to get off the following year...or pay a back up center 25 mil. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through for a lateral move.
They do need to make sure that they can turn Baze and Whiteside contracts into something that can roll over into the future though where they have bird rights. I don't think that either of those guys are in their future plans, but they can't afford to just lose either of those salary numbers in free agency. They need those contracts in order to wheel and deal and improve the team while both Dame and CJ are there. Don't think the disgruntled star trade is going to be out there this year, but they need to make sure they can still be a trade destination for one if it comes up while Simons and Collins are still on their rookie deals.

Don't think it would matter where he goes, nobody is developing anything under antiquated college coaches, especially in 6 months

1574104132490.png

Thing is, what happens if Cam goes elsewhere, where he can be THE GUY, and sucks? Million dollar difference per season on that rookie contract if he falls out of the lotto.

They do need to make sure that they can turn Baze and Whiteside contracts into something that can roll over into the future though where they have bird rights. I don't think that either of those guys are in their future plans, but they can't afford to just lose either of those salary numbers in free agency. They need those contracts in order to wheel and deal and improve the team while both Dame and CJ are there. Don't think the disgruntled star trade is going to be out there this year, but they need to make sure they can still be a trade destination for one if it comes up while Simons and Collins are still on their rookie deals.

I actually think that playoff run last year ultimately hurt them.

I really think Simons will be a starter next year. I would be trying to move CJ. Instead they went all in on the CJ/Dame backcourt and gave them extensions.

I actually think that playoff run last year ultimately hurt them.

I really think Simons will be a starter next year. I would be trying to move CJ. Instead they went all in on the CJ/Dame backcourt and gave them extensions.
What is a team realistically giving you for CJ? Portland obviously needs wings, but what team is going to want to give up their talented wing for a talented but undersized guard? CJ could probably run point for someone, but most teams are already set with either established veteran PGs or young PGs of the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom