THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you saying you arent wearing a mask ever? When DO you wear a mask?

And yes thats what we are doing, mask when you with someone you dont normally get into contact with. Im not gonna act holier than thou, theres 2 people outside of my family that I see and interact and im not masked up with but I trust them and they are pretty much just seeing me and their family also. If I run into someone I know, a friend or whatever I keep my mask on and keep a reasonable distance.

That being said, every other time im throwing a mask on. Cant think “oh imma be wearing a mask for the next 6 months? **** might as well not wear it now”. Hows that even make sense?

I already said I don’t ever wear one unless it’s mandatory to go in somewhere. Which here in my town I haven’t been in a single place that had it as mandatory other than to get a massage.

And what I’m saying in regards to this is that Covid ain’t just disappearing off the face of the earth in 6 months. People will still be able to get it probably even a year from now I’m sure. So if you’re gonna wear one now then I guess you’re just gonna wear one from now until there’s a vaccine at this point 12+ months down the road...which you have no idea how effective it’ll really be just like the flu shot and then with all the people that won’t ever get the Covid shot you might as well wear a mask for the rest of your life since those people could still be carrying it.

Oh, and I guess if any of you aren’t in a relationship currently then you aren’t going around a single member of the opposite sex without a mask, right? Gotta stay celibate for the next 12+ months or else you’re a hypocrite.

So allll you gotta do for the next 12+ months is not have sex/kiss or not even take off your mask around a single member of the opposite sex, not go out to eat at a restaurant/go to a bar, not have a single conversation in person with somebody unless they’re you’re immediate family or you’re at least 6 feet away and wearing a mask and also not go to the gym or play a single sport with anybody that’s not your immediate family. And even then you should also wear a mask even if you can barely breathe and pouring down sweat getting your mask completely soaked. Okay, got it.

Last edited:
What players have spoken up against the idea of returning this season? Dame I know. Ingles I think. Anyone else?

What players have spoken up against the idea of returning this season? Dame I know. Ingles I think. Anyone else?

Dame didn’t say he was against returning, he just said he didn’t wanna fly out to Orlando and play meaningless exhibition games if his team wouldn’t be in the playoffs regardless.

Ingles quote was from two months ago not long after the whole Gobert thing and he said we’ll see what kind of precautions the NBA takes in regards to if he’ll leave Australia to come play. That’s it.

Larry Nance is the only one player I’ve heard say he would possibly not play til next season but nobody cares what Larry Nance or anybody on the Cavs has to say about the playoffs because they wouldn’t be playing til next season anyway.

Dame didn’t say he was against returning, he just said he didn’t wanna fly out to Orlando and play meaningless exhibition games if his team wouldn’t be in the playoffs regardless.

Ingles quote was from two months ago not long after the whole Gobert thing and he said we’ll see what kind of precautions the NBA takes in regards to if he’ll leave Australia to come play. That’s it.

Larry Nance is the only one player I’ve heard say he would possibly not play til next season but nobody cares what Larry Nance or anybody on the Cavs has to say about the playoffs because they wouldn’t be playing til next season anyway.

hey never mind Nance has Crohn’s disease. He plays for the Cavs

nobody cares what Larry Nance or anybody on the Cavs has to say about the playoffs because they wouldn’t be playing til next season anyway.

1. It hasn't been set in stone if all 30 teams are coming back or not. Kevin Love, a Cavs player, returned to the practice facilities the day they opened to train.
2. This is the problem with you...you're saying "Let's not care about what a player with Crohn's disease (a preexisting condition which means he is at higher risk of fatality if he catches COVID) has to say about the return of basketball because he's on a bad team. His opinion shouldn't matter." WHAT?!?! In that case the GM's opinion shouldn't amtter because they aren't going to be out there on the court.

That logic is sickening and just a microcosm of what is wrong with you and the people who think like you. You fail to consider the effects of this COVID outside of your town and outside of yourselves. Think about the picture.

EDIT: This.

I already said I don’t ever wear one unless it’s mandatory to go in somewhere. Which here in my town I haven’t been in a single place that had it as mandatory other than to get a massage.

And what I’m saying in regards to this is that Covid ain’t just disappearing off the face of the earth in 6 months. People will still be able to get it probably even a year from now I’m sure. So if you’re gonna wear one now then I guess you’re just gonna wear one from now until there’s a vaccine at this point 12+ months down the road...which you have no idea how effective it’ll really be just like the flu shot and then with all the people that won’t ever get the Covid shot you might as well wear a mask for the rest of your life since those people could still be carrying it.

Oh, and I guess if any of you aren’t in a relationship currently then you aren’t going around a single member of the opposite sex without a mask, right? Gotta stay celibate for the next 12+ months or else you’re a hypocrite.

So allll you gotta do for the next 12+ months is not have sex/kiss or not even take off your mask around a single member of the opposite sex, not go out to eat at a restaurant/go to a bar, not have a single conversation in person with somebody unless they’re you’re immediate family or you’re at least 6 feet away and wearing a mask and also not go to the gym or play a single sport with anybody that’s not your immediate family. And even then you should also wear a mask even if you can barely breathe and pouring down sweat getting your mask completely soaked. Okay, got it.

Like I said I hear you, seems like were gonna be wearing a mask for a while. People are gonna get relaxed as more time goes on, and thats probably not a good thing.

Beach em going full Chad right now.

Hate to see it.

You know all of those things I said you’d need to do for the next 12+ months sounds absolutely ridiculous for any young kid all the way to early 30’s especially if you’re single. It’s not happening and you know this. And no, this is not just a “young white privileged mindset”...so please just stop with that because that’s just straight up being racist.

Once people are watching basketball, football, hockey, soccer, etc on TV and it’s the middle of the summer and most things are all opened back up across 90% of the country then you know damn well people are gonna be out and about again being active without masks on. They’re not gonna be sweating their *** off getting mask tan lines rocking them wherever they go.

1. It hasn't been set in stone if all 30 teams are coming back or not. Kevin Love, a Cavs player, returned to the practice facilities the day they opened to train.
2. This is the problem with you...you're saying "Let's not care about what a player with Crohn's disease (a preexisting condition which means he is at higher risk of fatality if he catches COVID) has to say about the return of basketball because he's on a bad team. His opinion shouldn't matter." WHAT?!?! In that case the GM's opinion shouldn't amtter because they aren't going to be out there on the court.

That logic is sickening and just a microcosm of what is wrong with you and the people who think like you. You fail to consider the effects of this COVID outside of your town and outside of yourselves. Think about the picture.

EDIT: This.

You weirdos are just looking to argue about anything and everything.

From that post -

nobody cares what Larry Nance or anybody on the Cavs has to say about the playoffs because they wouldn’t be playing til next season anyway.

Whether he wants to play in the playoffs or not does not matter because his team would not be in the playoffs regardless of even if they extended it to the top 12 teams in each conference.

End of story.

I would guess that NBA players aren’t that different from the rest of us in teams moving back to “normal” life.

If precautions can be put in place to make them feel like they’ll be reasonably safe, then they’ll want to play. I doubt too many of them feel unequivocally either “yes, we must play again” or “no, the season must be cancelled”.

And no, this is not just a “young white privileged mindset”...so please just stop with that because that’s just straight up being racist.

dc19efddce041a8b344b3965ad1249e9b995b70e15f7853bee1c35b3a165d590_3.jpg

You know all of those things I said you’d need to do for the next 12+ months sounds absolutely ridiculous for any young kid all the way to early 30’s especially if you’re single.

You know testing will become widely available right?

You know all of those things I said you’d need to do for the next 12+ months sounds absolutely ridiculous for any young kid all the way to early 30’s especially if you’re single. It’s not happening and you know this. And no, this is not just a “young white privileged mindset”...so please just stop with that because that’s just straight up being racist.

Once people are watching basketball, football, hockey, soccer, etc on TV and it’s the middle of the summer and most things are all opened back up across 90% of the country then you know damn well people are gonna be out and about again being active without masks on. They’re not gonna be sweating their *** off getting mask tan lines rocking them wherever they go.
Dambit man. You cannot be racist against white people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom